• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wikihow: How to be ok with a Communist friend

Laika

Premium Member
Its offical people: if you have a communist freind, you need help.

3 Ways to Be Okay with Having a Communist Friend - wikiHow

Its hard to know whether to laugh at this as well intentioned liberal pity, or take it as a reflection that we are a socially awkward minority group that people just don't want to talk to. Its like we caught something and everyone gets nervous that they may get infected and become a social outcast too. "You've got communism? How aweful. I'm so sorry, are you seeing a doctor about it? Are you taking the proper medication?"

The link below makes light of it pretty well.

What to do if Your Friend is a Communist: The Hilarious Wikihow Guide

Anyway, I thought this was worth a share Comrades. If it promotes a little understanding thats ok I guess. :D

Shad

Veteran Member
I lost it at "Perhaps Communism will become the new Buddhism, an exotic worldview that white liberals can readily consume with no ideological commitment. Then Zizek can write essays about “coffee without caffeine” and “Communism without class struggle” and we’ll all rejoice about the humorous anecdotes."

Laika

Premium Member
I lost it at "Perhaps Communism will become the new Buddhism, an exotic worldview that white liberals can readily consume with no ideological commitment. Then Zizek can write essays about “coffee without caffeine” and “Communism without class struggle” and we’ll all rejoice about the humorous anecdotes."

Glad I could spread a little cheer. :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Its offical people: if you have a communist freind, you need help.

3 Ways to Be Okay with Having a Communist Friend - wikiHow

Its hard to know whether to laugh at this as well intentioned liberal pity, or take it as a reflection that we are a socially awkward minority group that people just don't want to talk to. Its like we caught something and everyone gets nervous that they may get infected and become a social outcast too. "You've got communism? How aweful. I'm so sorry, are you seeing a doctor about it? Are you taking the proper medication?"

The link below makes light of it pretty well.

What to do if Your Friend is a Communist: The Hilarious Wikihow Guide

Anyway, I thought this was worth a share Comrades. If it promotes a little understanding thats ok I guess. :D
I live in a veritable Uber Left wing wacko paradise and it doesn't bother me at all when folks begin foaming at the mouth over whatever is outraging their brains on a given day. I just smile and reach for my roll of duct tape....

Laika

Premium Member
I live in a veritable Uber Left wing wacko paradise and it doesn't bother me at all when folks begin foaming at the mouth over whatever is outraging their brains on a given day. I just smile and reach for my roll of duct tape....

Can I borrow the duct tape? I may need it for my uber politicised parents. :D

Laika

Premium Member
1. Never let them babysit... :forkknife:

"Hey kids, We won't let them play cowboys and indians. Thats imperialist propaganda. But we have some nice uniforms for a game of hide and seek as good practice to find enemies of the people."

BOYS-ARMY-font-b-UNIFORM-b-font-font-b-RED-b-font-font-b-GUARD-b.jpg

"remember kids- the family is a fascist institution. Wage a class struggle against your parents. Revolution begins at home!"

So yeah... Excellent advice @Augustus ;)