• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why westren christians Reject the word 'Allah'?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
You're obviously ignoring the many atrocities perpetrated on Muslims by Americans and their allies, I understand though, blindness to reality is common with many Christians.
No, rather I don't see what the deliberate and prolonged persecution of Christian (and other) minorities in the Islamic world has to do with American actions.
  • What has the US recently done in Egypt which would motivate the latest Easter bombings of Coptic churches?
  • How is it the fault of the US that a Christian governor in Indonesia is currently facing jail time on trumped up charges of blasphemy?
  • And what about the kidnappings of the Chibok schoolgirls (again mostly Christian) by Boko Haram? What has that to do with the US?
  • Why is it that the practice of other religions is so restricted in the Islamic world? Could I openly practice Christianity in Saudi Arabia? Or these days, even Egypt?
We could go on all day, the point is that while the West may have a lot to answer for, blaming America for everything just doesn't explain the endless aggression which non-Muslim minorities have had to deal with. So if you want to accuse others of blindness, perhaps getting your own eyes checked first may be an idea to consider.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge the evil realities of fanatical Islam? It's not bigotry to think that people who blow themselves up, trade sex slaves and behead people as if it were a hobby are regressive savages.

Last edited:

Dantedeven

Ah well fine then. Allah might very well be the exact literal translation of the Abrahamic God in Arabic. But i will tell you honestly, that something just doensn't feel right about it. There is something not right with it, and it might be me. Maybe i am incorrect and the truth is that the Abrahamic God translates to: "Allah" in arabic. However when i read the translation of the Quran, Allah is translated to Allah in English! This makes me suspicious. And also i have found out there is another word for God in Arabic: "I'lah". And i have been told a thousand times: There is no god but God. But the true translation is: There is no god but Allah. and there is also: There is no god but He. or There is no god but Him. That sounds better to me.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't use that word because I can't speak Arabic.
So...since I'm speaking English, right now, I will use the word God.
The Gospel was written in Greek, originally.
It's like I said : I love tòn Theòn instead of "I love God"
That's abnormal....don't you think so?

I love God
Ich liebe Gott
J'aime Dieu
Amo a Diòs
Eu amo Deus
Amo Dio
Я люблю Бога
Aγαπώ τον θεό

@Dantedeven If I can reassure you, the Maltese are a very Catholic nation and God is called Alla in their Bible :)

Last edited:

Dantedeven

And it is the truth what you said Estro, but here is another truth: History. And i myself, am well aware about the concept of language. Be that language written backwards, forwards, or all compressed in one single character, God is God and if Allah is God, then Allah is not translated into english as Allah but instead to God. And i am not saying that Allah is not God, for i have no proof. The only proof i have is the fact that Allah is translated into english as Allah. So therefor i can only speculate on it and chose the path of that which i know is right with my own faith, for i am a God-fearing man, know that. Therefor, the word Allah means Allah to me. And if Allah means God, God wills. But to me Allah is Allah, for i do not dare to break the first and third commands of the decaloque Moses in one swoop. So i am always careful, even towards an Abrahamic religion. And that is my final verdict regarding my stance on this subject.

In fact: Search for God on quran.com:
https://quran.com/search?q=God