• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why were people obsessed with reality TV in the early 2010s?

AstroV69

I wish we something like this on TV back during the 2011-2014 time period!

But sadly it seemed like people were obsessed with the lives of the rich and famous or the lives of the rural "heartland".
KlRPcHc.jpg

aQYHnMo.jpg

It seemed like people stopped dreaming.
4fBbrcs.jpg

Now that the Game of Thrones craze is over and Stranger Things is in it's last season I hope American society can turn it's eyes skywards again.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member

But sadly it seemed like people were obsessed with the lives of the rich and famous or the lives of the rural "heartland".
KlRPcHc.jpg

aQYHnMo.jpg

4fBbrcs.jpg

Now that the Game of Thrones craze is over and Stranger Things is in it's last season I hope American society can turn it's eyes skywards again.
Science is in vogue........Unfortunately, so is Scientism...

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

KlRPcHc.jpg

aQYHnMo.jpg

4fBbrcs.jpg

images

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

KlRPcHc.jpg

aQYHnMo.jpg

4fBbrcs.jpg

I think TV has been pushing this gor a long time its cheap and easy to make.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's always and only about the money. "Reality tv" was a cheap novelty that people would watch.

Truth in love

High school never ends.

Survivor was ground breaking and innovative. (The next 200 what not clones not so much).

People tend to obsess over personal drama so providing a lot of that at low production cost made some people very rich. (Likely cost the world a few IQ points in the process).

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
We seem to have a society where people won't read a book but willingly spend hours watching Cupcake Wars.