• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Us?

A

angellous_evangellous

Garsh youse a biggggg help.

Glad to be of service.

Still puzzling over this?

Afterwards you can move on to really big questions like the old chicken and the egg: which came first and what does the Bible say about it?:confused:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Glad to be of service.

Still puzzling over this?

Afterwards you can move on to really big questions like the old chicken and the egg: which came first and what does the Bible say about it?:confused:
"Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie." Why does a chicken? I don't know why. Ask me a riddle and I reply, "Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie.

This may be the purpose of the universe...

A

angellous_evangellous

Hands down the chicken came first.

Is the Bible clear about this? Obviously, there cannot be chickens without eggs coming first, and conversely, there can be no eggs without chickens, but can could have created either one first.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Is the Bible clear about this? Obviously, there cannot be chickens without eggs coming first, and conversely, there can be no eggs without chickens, but can could have created either one first.
" And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

No mention of eggs happening first.

Omelettes came later.

A

angellous_evangellous

" And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

No mention of eggs happening first.

Omelettes came later.

No mention of chickens, either.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The way I learned it, "Elohim" translates to something like "the gods" or godliness. So when God says, "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me..." the word "Elohim" is used.