• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why There is Probably No God

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
lukethethird said:
God is a belief, end of story.
So he would also have the burden since he also made a positive claim.
Yes, for his claim he would. But you tell for his claim and committed yourself as well. The problem for you is that there is evidence for his claim, but I have yet to see any evidence for yours.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, for his claim he would. But you tell for his claim and committed yourself as well. The problem for you is that there is evidence for his claim, but I have yet to see any evidence for yours.
There is no more evidence for his claim than there is for my claim. In fact, there is more evidence for my claim because there is some evidence for my claim. What evidence does he have? Seems to me all he has is a personal opinion.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is no more evidence for his claim than there is for my claim. In fact, there is more evidence for my claim because there is some evidence for my claim. What evidence doe he have? Seems to me all he has is a personal opinion.
Not true. But go ahead. Post some evidence for your beliefs. Last time I checked you did not have any.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is because people who claim to have evidence don't have any, in reality.
I could post some that demonstrates that at least some of the gods are made up. I will not claim it proves all goes are made up. I am waiting for some of the evidence for a god first.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The watchmaker argument? This has been debunked a thousand times over the years.
But if an action occurs through the unfoldment of normal physical laws, how is it a miracle? Isn't a miracle, by definition, magic?

I’ve seen with my own eyes the glory of God and that’s all that matters.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
If God is a nonphysical entity such a spirit wouldn't it be impossible to verify His existence through empirical means?

If quote/unquote "god" was a person, I'm sure you would go to the bar and buy beers together for pool night but you'd be hard-pressed to call him "god" and you wouldn't have any trouble proving his existence, as he just vomited on you and left without paying the bill, so now you've got to pay for him too.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Whatever that God wanted it to look like.

That's not very convincing, are you trying to subscribe to a kind of pseudo-speculative incarnationism within the context of your atheism? (in the sense that you'd "believe" if it "came down" as a thing and communicated with you?)