• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Sunday as Sabbath?

Ronald

reyjamiei said:
In Genesis chapter 1 God worked on creation for six days and on the seventh day he rested (Gen 2:2-3). He blessed and sanctified the seventh day and made it holy and in the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20) God said "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." But the Bible never says what day God started creation on. We assume that it was on Sunday because that's the first day of our week and would make Saturday the seventh day but we don't know that. Since we don't know what day was the first day of creation, we can't know what day was the seventh from creation.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

"Since we don't know what day was the first day of creation, we can't know what day was the seventh from creation."

Day one/the first day then the Sabbath/seventh day. God knew, Moshe knew and I know, via the holy spirit! When you doubt you can't be sure of anything. I'll be praying for your awakening.

Shalom

SoyLeche

meh...
Ronald said:
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Since we don't know what day was the first day of creation, we can't know what day was the seventh from creation.

Day one/the first day then the Sabbath/seventh day. God knew, Moshe knew and I know, via the holy spirit! When you doubt you can't be sure of anything. I'll be praying for your awakening.

Shalom
Quick nettiquet lesson - large sections of bolded, large letters are more annoying than they are helpful.

Ronald

SoyLeche said:
Quick nettiquet lesson - large sections of bolded, large letters are more annoying than they are helpful.
Thank you for the information.
Unintentional, copied and pasted the first line, the rest followed. No intention of shouting! Beg your pardon.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
SoyLeche said:
Maybe the loss of ability to control the volume of one's text is due to the unfreezing process?...

sojourner

When you doubt you can't be sure of anything.

"There is a doubter in every believer, and the doubt has an almost wholly positive function, for it keeps faith from degenerating into credulity." -- Douglas John Hall in God and Human Suffering, Augsburg, 1986.

reyjamiei

Ronald said:

"Since we don't know what day was the first day of creation, we can't know what day was the seventh from creation."

Shalom

Yes, it was the first day of creation, that is not in question but we have no way of knowing on what day God started creation or what day he ended creation.

Ronald

reyjamiei said:
Yes, it was the first day of creation, that is not in question but we have no way of knowing on what day God started creation or what day he ended creation.
Just a quick check of the day Yeshua/Jesus kept and run it out til today and you will have your solution, that presumes you believe in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.
The Messiah kept the Torah, if not then we are all lost.

Shalom

A

angellous_evangellous

Ronald said:
Just a quick check of the day Yeshua/Jesus kept and run it out til today and you will have your solution, that presumes you believe in the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.
The Messiah kept the Torah, if not then we are all lost.

Shalom

Wasn't Jesus crucified for, among other things, breaking the Sabbath?

SoyLeche

meh...
angellous_evangellous said:
If it wasn't a reason for the crucifiction, it was at least something he was criticized for quite a bit.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
SoyLeche said:
If it wasn't a reason for the crucifiction, it was at least something he was criticized for quite a bit.

Certainly, but as He said, the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. You'd get quite the opposite view if you took seriously the claims of most Saturday only worshippers.

James

sojourner

but those who leave the word of God, and seek to account for His created works upon scientific principles, are drifting without chart or compass upon an unknown ocean.

So did Columbus. And the Mercury and Apollo astronauts. If not for their bold ventures upon ucharted "oceans," where would we be?

Ronald

angellous_evangellous said:
No he was not crucified for breaking the Sabbath!!!!!!!
He was crucified because God planned it that way.
The human reason was that his life and testamony challenged the High Priest's postition. They found no fault with him, neither the Priests nor Pilate, Pilate washed his hands of the whole matter, in effect saying he had no part in the deed.
Had it not been God's will, as Yeshua said, no one can take his life, he laid it down willingly, for it was done at the foundation of the earth.
He never-ever broke the Sabbath! When accused of doing so he made it clear that even the one's who accused him did work on the Sabbath and were found blameless.
Also that common sense over ruled their accusations.
No ever found any fault with him!

Shalom

A

angellous_evangellous

Ronald said:
No he was not crucified for breaking the Sabbath!!!!!!!

When accused of doing so he made it clear that even the one's who accused him did work on the Sabbath and were found blameless.

:rolleyes:

d.n.irvin

"By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth." "For He spake, and it was;" "He commanded, and it stood fast." Psalm 33:6,9. He "laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed forever." Psalm 104:5.

It is one of Satan's devices to lead the people to accept the fables of infidelity; for he can thus obscure the law of God, in itself very plain, and embolden men to rebel against the divine government. His efforts are especially directed against the fourth commandment, because it so clearly points to the living God, the Maker of the heavens and the earth. PP,p111

Friends the 10 Commandments of God are under attack in our world today. Let us not forget that satan, the great intigator is ultimately at the root of this great controversy. The Bible says that in the last days, as in the days of Noah, men would not be able to tell right from wrong. Since I made my first post there have been a lot of replies, but as an observation, many of them were unbiblical. I make that comment because I purposely posted to Biblical Debates. No one could find in the "two edged sword" the word of God in the Old and New Testament, one set of scriptures in harmony with one another, on keeping sunday Holy. Why, because its not there. Even so, I'm ever in awe of Bible believing christians who reject the commandments of God, to obey the doctrine and commandments of men. Again if my conversation seems rather strong , it is because salvation is at stake. Let's remember, Lucifer decieved one third of the heavenly hosts, and decieved Adam & Eve when they were sinless.
So to what level of deception, or perfection of decption, do you think he has for us as sinners, even now after observing six thousand years of human behavior. Our only hope is the word of God. So since there is so much confusion about the Sabbath, I'll be giving us Biblical reasons why the Sabbath is impotant for all christians today and challenging anyone who believes that God honors those who break his commandments. Friends, like my cousin says " It's goin down" these are the last days.

my first question is this:
Who will be protected through the seven last plagues?
hint: the answer is in the bible:)

d.n.irvin

Revelation 7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Those who receive God's seal in their foreheads will be protected during the plagues (Psalms 91:7-11).

SoyLeche

meh...
d.n.irvin said:
"By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth." "For He spake, and it was;" "He commanded, and it stood fast." Psalm 33:6,9. He "laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed forever." Psalm 104:5.

It is one of Satan's devices to lead the people to accept the fables of infidelity; for he can thus obscure the law of God, in itself very plain, and embolden men to rebel against the divine government. His efforts are especially directed against the fourth commandment, because it so clearly points to the living God, the Maker of the heavens and the earth. PP,p111

Friends the 10 Commandments of God are under attack in our world today. Let us not forget that satan, the great intigator is ultimately at the root of this great controversy. The Bible says that in the last days, as in the days of Noah, men would not be able to tell right from wrong. Since I made my first post there have been a lot of replies, but as an observation, many of them were unbiblical. I make that comment because I purposely posted to Biblical Debates. No one could find in the "two edged sword" the word of God in the Old and New Testament, one set of scriptures in harmony with one another, on keeping sunday Holy. Why, because its not there. Even so, I'm ever in awe of Bible believing christians who reject the commandments of God, to obey the doctrine and commandments of men. Again if my conversation seems rather strong , it is because salvation is at stake. Let's remember, Lucifer decieved one third of the heavenly hosts, and decieved Eve when they were sinless.
So to what level of deception, or perfection of decption, do you think he has for us as sinners, even now after observing six thousand years of human behavior. Our only hope is the word of God. So since there is so much confusion about the Sabbath, I'll be giving us Biblical reasons why the Sabbath is impotant for all christians today and challenging anyone who believes that God honors those who break his commandments. Friends, like my cousin says " It's goin down" these are the last days.

my first question is this:
Who will be protected through the seven last plagues?
hint: the answer is in the bible:)
[doing AE's job] This is from here http://www.whiteestate.org/books/pp/pp9.html [/doing AE's job]