• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why So Much Trinity Bashing?

SLPCCC

That is because Christians go around trying to convert people.

Many Muslims leave Islam just from debates. Have you heard of Christian Prince. He debates many Muslims, and they end up leaving Islam. Listen to some of his debates. This one starts off with him bringing out to a Muslin how the Koran says that Muhamad use to wash in dirty water. Listen to it. Muhamad even tried to commit suicide.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Many Muslims leave Islam just from debates. Have you heard of Christian Prince. He debates many Muslims, and they end up leaving Islam. Listen to some of his debates. This one starts off with him bringing out to a Muslin how the Koran says that Muhamad use to wash in dirty water. Listen to it. Muhamad even tried to commit suicide.

Which religion converts to Christianity most?

According to a 2021 study by the Pew Research Center, Christianity has grow in India in recent years due to conversion. Most converts are former Hindus, though some are former Muslims.

Conversion to Christianity - Wikipedia

SLPCCC

Seems that you're implying I'm an atheist. I'm not, but neither am I a conservative Christian.

I'm glad you are not an atheist. I'm not a conservative Christian, either. It seems like we may have a few things in common. Do you pray to Jesus, too?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm glad you are not an atheist. I'm not a conservative Christian, either. It seems like we may have a few things in common. Do you pray to Jesus, too?
Technically speaking I am not a Christian, but I pray to Jesus all day long...
My famous mantra is "Help me Jesus, help me God!" ... because I need all the help I can get!

TrueBeliever37

Why is it that Jesus says that he will raise himself up when he dies instead of saying that his father will raise him up?

John 2: 19-22 - Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." The Jews then said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days?" But he was speaking about the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
It's because the Father was dwelling in that temple (body). So the Father could say destroy this body and in three days I will raise it up. And as other scriptures let us know - He did. God raised up that body.

TrueBeliever37

Who is this talking about?
  • Col 1: 16-17 states, "for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; 17 and he is before all things, and in him, all things consist."

Do you know that God calls Jesus God?
  • Psalm 45: 6 "Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. Your royal scepter is a scepter of equity;
  • Hebrews 1:8: . . . "But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
Colossians 1:18 kind of gives away the answer to who it is.

In some manner the Son was God. The question is how? Because there is only one God. And that one God is a Spirit. John 4:24
The Son could be considered God because the Father was dwelling in that body. That made him deity. But it wasn't a 2nd person. God made himself a body to dwell in and sacrifice for sins. God called that body his Son, because the Spirit had fathered that body. The Spirit of God can't die. But the physical body he was dwelling in could die.

Last edited:

SLPCCC

Technically speaking I am not a Christian, but I pray to Jesus all day long...
My famous mantra is "Help me Jesus, help me God!" ... because I need all the help I can get!

John 14: 14 reads, If you ask me for anything in my name [Jesus], I will do it.

You don't have to be a Christian to pray to Jesus; you just need a sincere, seeking heart.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
John 14: 14 reads, If you ask me for anything in my name [Jesus], I will do it.

You don't have to be a Christian to pray to Jesus; you just need a sincere, seeking heart.
So far so good, at least lately....
I guess I had better keep on asking. ;)

Ebionite

His body is the temple. He was speaking of both body and temple. It's right there.

"Destroy this temple"- what temple? His body

"and in three days " What was destroyed within those three days? His body/temple.

I will raise it up. Raise what up? His body/temple.
59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, [yet] found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,
61 And said, This [fellow] said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
Matthew 26

SLPCCC

59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;
60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, [yet] found they none. At the last came two false witnesses,
61 And said, This [fellow] said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
Matthew 26

They were lying to get Jesus in more trouble. How do we know? Because that's not what Jesus said. Reread it.

John 2: 19-22 - Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, .... he was speaking about the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead..."

He says nothing about destroy the temple of God. He only says, "Destroy this temple...

John 10:17-18; 2:19 “…I lay down My life that I may take it again....Destroy this temple, and in three days I [Jesus] will raise it up.”

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
His body is the temple. He was speaking of both body and temple. It's right there.

"Destroy this temple"- what temple? His body

"and in three days " What was destroyed within those three days? His body/temple.

I will raise it up. Raise what up? His body/temple.

Where in the scriptures can you show me that the temple is outside his body???
What was the body that was raised up? It was not His physical body, it was His spiritual body.

SLPCCC

What was the body that was raised up? It was not His physical body, it was His spiritual body.

In Luke 24:39, the risen Jesus says to the disciples, “See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have”

Jesus even ate with them. A spirit cannot eat.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
There's insufficient evidence that atheism is true, yet there are still atheist believers. You need a lot of faith to be an atheist. It was too much for me. For me, I found that the evidence of the resurrection outweighs the belief in atheism.
I agree, SLPCCC. Being an atheist was too much for me also. So one night I finally prayed after many years of not believing and asked Him if He was there (hadn't prayed for years) to let me know, and soon thereafter I began to learn about God and began to believe.

Psalm 119
I am a stranger on the earth; do not hide Your commandments from me.

YoursTrue

Interesting. This kind of research had right the opposite effect on me.
Honest, the more I researched about evolution, the more conversations about it I had on the forums, the more I realized it just isn't true as proposed by Darwinists. Or shall I say evolutionists.

YoursTrue

In Luke 24:39, the risen Jesus says to the disciples, “See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; handle me, and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have”

Hi, SLPCCC. Spirits can materialize. The Bible is amazing, isn't it?

Genesis 18:
"1Then the LORD appeared to Abraham by the Oaksa of Mamre in the heat of the day, while he was sitting at the entrance of his tent. 2And Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground."

And, of course, the three men ate the meal prepared for them.

7Meanwhile, Abraham ran to the herd, selected a tender and choice calf, and gave it to a servant, who hurried to prepare it. 8Then Abraham brought curds and milk and the calf that had been prepared, and he set them before the men and stood by them under the tree as they ate.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I was waiting for that since I have heard it before. However, it will not fly because it is in conflict with other scriptures.
The hope that Christians have in Jesus is that Jesus came back from the dead and they will do likewise, so the Resurrection Body that Jesus had is the same kind of body the believers will have.

The Resurrection Body​

35 But someone may ask, “How will the dead be raised? What kind of bodies will they have?”

42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

I did not say that Jesus was 'a spirit.' I said that Jesus rose in a spiritual body, as the Bible says.
You don't think that Jesus could make His spiritual body look and feel like a physical body to His disciples in order to give them hope and restore their faith? Given all the miracles that Jesus performed doing that would be a piece of cake.

YoursTrue

• The Son - John 2: 19-22 - Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." .... he was speaking about the temple of his body. When therefore he was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this, and they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.

We know he was talking about the temple of his body. That's not the question. The question is, why does he say, in three days I will raise it up " instead of saying that his father will raise him up. Isn't both the body and temple of his body dead? How can he raise it up?
He knew he was going to be resurrected. He was faithful unto death. And the temple of his body was not his fleshly body. As you quoted in John 2, when Jesus was raised from the dead, and his disciples saw him, they remembered his saying. The fact that he was raised from the dead should prove he died. He didn't half-way die.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
What is the point of another prophet after Jesus’ glorious performance and sacrifice, raised u to the heavenly place, and made to be ruler over creation seated on the throne of the God named King of the Israelites, David?
You do see what a terrible mess the world is right now, don't you? The Christians are too often a part of the mess. Look how they went out to the world, colonized it, and made a mess of things. Of course today, you value your right to have your own opinion about the Bible. There was a time, you know, that wasn't allowed for at least a thousand years. That only ended when materialism and skepticism got momentum. Now, today we've got a lovely mix of materialism and fractured Christianity in the Christian West. Don't you think it's about time a Prophet came and provided a prescription for this mess? The world we of European stock (of which I am one) helped bring into being outside of the Christian West is really bad. The people who did this were Christian at the time.

Sorry to be so harsh, but this is intended to be a wake-up call.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You do see what a terrible mess the world is right now, don't you? The Christians are too often a part of the mess. Look how they went out to the world, colonized it, and made a mess of things. Of course today, you value your right to have your own opinion about the Bible. There was a time, you know, that wasn't allowed for at least a thousand years. That only ended when materialism and skepticism got momentum. Now, today we've got a lovely mix of materialism and fractured Christianity in the Christian West. Don't you think it's about time a Prophet came and provided a prescription for this mess? The world we of European stock (of which I am one) helped bring into being outside of the Christian West is really bad. The people who did this were Christian at the time.

Sorry to be so harsh, but this is intended to be a wake-up call.
I understand the point you are making if you are looking at things from a societal perspective, as most Baha'is do, since Christianity is not going to save or help rebuild society. Sure, if Christians followed the spiritual teachings of Jesus the world would be completely transformed, but that is not going to happen, so there needs to be another solution, and what Baha'ullah revealed is the solution, the only viable solution and the only hope for humanity.

PearlSeeker

Honest, the more I researched about evolution, the more conversations about it I had on the forums, the more I realized it just isn't true as proposed by Darwinists. Or shall I say evolutionists.
It never occurred to me to look for or check natural science in the Bible. It just isn't that kind of book. I'm glad that our church didn't pollute minds with pseudoscience.

My research was different. It was about how much is Bible historically reliable (true). It turned out to be less than I expected.