• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Praise God When He's The One Who Brought Coronavirus To Us?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Acourse it duz! You can only and always do exactly what God knew you were going to do. Any claim of free will is torn apart by the datum that you can't do anything, no matter how tiny or insignificant, that God didn't already know you'd do before [he] made the universe. [He] shaped the universe knowing all those things.
Free will is not torn apart because we choose to do what God knows we will do.
We have to do what God knows we will do because an All-Knowing God knows what we will do.
This is not brain science. :rolleyes:
Nothing happens unless [he] intends it. What the individual human intends is wholly irrelevant ─ he or she can only roll down his or her single one-way groove. No sign of a power of individual choice anywhere.
Plenty of things happen that God did not intend to happen because people make choices and cause things to happen.
God does not necessarily approve of those things but God allows them to happen because God honors our free will.

In short, humans are not programmed robots that God programmed; we are free agents.
If God had programmed humans to do things God would not program humans to break His laws.
This is logic 101 stuff.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is so great, He has done more than I could ever think or imagine. You’re missing it.
I could just as easily say:
"God is so horrible, He has caused more harm to me than I could ever think or imagine. You’re missing it."

Do you know anything about logic?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I don't think God's power should be subordinate to lack of faith, Brian. Mary didn't have faith when Jesus raised Lazarus, yet he could do it. Why the one time and not the other? If God had to rely on people's faith to get things done we'd all be in trouble, right?

No Mary did believe and Martha also believed to move the stone of the tomb.
The believed Jesus could have healed Lazarus but had doubts about raising him from the dead, but still had faith in Jesus and what He told them.
God's power is not dependant on our faith and that is not what the scripture says. He still had the power to do the miracles but I would say that God was telling Him not to because of their lack of faith.

Brian2

Veteran Member
No, not moral evil. I think God is referring to bringing catastrophe, pain and misery on people. See all the human suffering out there? God brings it. But He is not morally evil himself.

It is too sweeping to say that God brings all human suffering. The passage does not say that.

I could just as easily say:
There is nothing dumb about logic. It is a God-given ability we are to use.
Christians call it dumb only because they cannot respond to my posts without being illogical.
If your God isn’t active in your life you have a dead idol of a god. Get the Living God not a fake

Brian2

Veteran Member
No. If I make a clockwork doll and wind it up and it walks across the table and fall off the far edge, the doll is only doing what I want it to do. We don't have theological free will because we NEVER have the option of acting differently to God's perfect foresight.

If we are like wind up dolls then you might have a point. But we are not like wind up dolls and God knowing what we will do does not mean that God is forcing us to do it.
We cannot do any different to what God knows we will do but God knowing what we will do does not force us to do it.
God knows what we will freely choose to do.
Your argument is no more than semantics.

SeekingAllTruth

No Mary did believe and Martha also believed to move the stone of the tomb.
The believed Jesus could have healed Lazarus but had doubts about raising him from the dead, but still had faith in Jesus and what He told them.
God's power is not dependant on our faith and that is not what the scripture says. He still had the power to do the miracles but I would say that God was telling Him not to because of their lack of faith.
Well, that's one way of looking at it, I suppose. Yet I still think the gospels paint an uneven portrait of Jesus. Bible scholars outside mainstream Christianity are pretty unanimous that there are different Jesuses presented in each gospel.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If your God isn’t active in your life you have a dead idol of a god. Get the Living God not a fake
God is not "active" in anyone's life, that is a Christian fantasy.
Get the one true God, not the imaginary God.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167

God is not "active" in anyone's life, that is a Christian fantasy.
Get the one true God, not the imaginary God.

“Regard thou the one true God as One Who is apart from, and immeasurably exalted above, all created things. The whole universe reflecteth His glory, while He is Himself independent of, and transcendeth His creatures. This is the true meaning of Divine unity.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 167
He’s active in my life, just like He said

Brian2

Veteran Member
That verse is not Jesus saying He is going to return to earth.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

It is Jesus speaking and He did say that He would come again.

As you already know, I believe that the spirit of Jesus did come again, in the Person of Baha'u'llah who was the return of Christ that Jesus promised. So when Jesus said “I will come again” He meant that His Spirit would come again because He would send His Spirit from the Father, and we see that in the verses that follow in John 14. Jesus promised not to leave us comfortless and then He said He would send a Comforter. The Comforter refers to the person who would be the return of Christ. So when Jesus said I will come again, He meant He would send His spirit in the person of the Comforter who would do what it says in John 14:26.

It sounds like Jesus left all Christians alone and without a comforter for over 1800 years. That means He lied to them.
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you.
This passage is about Jesus return. The comforter is about the Holy Spirit that Jesus promised and Jesus and the Father are in the Holy Spirit so they come to a believer when the believer receives the Holy Spirit. In other words Jesus comes in spirit to us when we receive the Holy Spirit and the same Jesus returns just as the disciples saw Him ascend (Acts 1:11) when He returns to judge and rule etc.