• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jesus did not Rule the first time, but will Rule the second time?

InvestigateTruth

Two simple questions;

1. Why Jesus did not Rule the first time, but will Rule the second time?

2. What is the purpose of Jesus's Ruling?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Satan's time hadn't yet run out.

Read _Good Omens_, by Pratchett & Gaiman? Truly "enlightening." :-D

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
God questions and I’m not sure it is explained so it is left to suppositions.

Two simple questions;

My personal viewpoint is that at the end of this time, hearts will have made up their minds whether or not the want God. While hearts are still pliable and responding to His love, He wants to give mankind every opportunity to change their direction.

It is believed that Matt 24:14 is part of that reason… Matt 24:14 And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

There will be true peace throughout the world.

Ignatius A

Two simple questions;

There is no first or second time for his rule. Jesus has always ruled, is ruling now and always will rule. You're as confused just like the Jews when Jesus was in earth. Jesus came to make his kingdom available to everyone forever. What's sad is how many of us reject his offer to be with him in his kingdom forever. Even Christians reject him.

Tomef

Two simple questions;

1. He’s invisible now, and has a kind of heaven-earth (or vice versa) celestial elevator, plus angels and some ability to ‘come on the clouds’ (not sure what that involves exactly), plus he booted the baddy off into the lake of fire already. In short, a lot more fire power and I’m-in-charge cred.

2. It will lead to the biggest ‘I told you so’ and the greatest simultaneous outbreak of schadenfreude in history.

Last edited:

Ignatius A

1. He’s invisible now, and has a kind of heaven-earth (or vice versa) celestial elevator, plus angels and some ability to ‘come on the clouds’ (not sure what that involves exactly), plus he booted the baddy off into the lake of fire already. In short, a lot more fire power and I’m-in-charge cred.

2. It will lead to the biggest ‘I told you so’ and the greatest simultaneous outbreak of schadenfreude in history.
1. Maybe to you he is.

2. Sorry but I don't speak babble

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
1. Maybe to you he is.

2. Sorry but I don't speak babble
It's true enough in their heads and imaginations.

Just they don't realize it doesn't apply to others who have their own thing in kind which is just as legitimate as their own take and thoughts in the same context.

InvestigateTruth

There is no first or second time for his rule. Jesus has always ruled, is ruling now and always will rule. You're as confused just like the Jews when Jesus was in earth. Jesus came to make his kingdom available to everyone forever. What's sad is how many of us reject his offer to be with him in his kingdom forever. Even Christians reject him.

But don't the mainstream Christians believe Jesus did not rule the first time, and will do the second time?
Because as per Torah, Messiah was to rule the world and bring peace. This didn't seem to happen. Will there be a second time that will be done?

Wandering Monk

If he has always ruled, why does he need to return to earth?

Ignatius A

But don't the mainstream Christians believe Jesus did not rule the first time, and will do the second time?
Because as per Torah, Messiah was to rule the world and bring peace. This didn't seem to happen. Will there be a second time that will be done?
Jesus is God. God has a always, is now always and always will rule.

Colt

Two simple questions;

John 18 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

1) Jesus, is the ruler of the spiritual kingdom that he established in the heart of the believer. Eventually the original Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven will subdue the world, not by force but by love and brotherly understanding.

2) Jesus is now the unquestioned Sovreign Lord of his own creation having successfully completed the incarnate mission; to live the life of one of his own created beings while subject to the will of the Father.

The Israelites developed certain rigid and unyielding expectations of the form and function of the "deliverer". They are largely incapable of compromise and still categorically reject the Son of God.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

John 18 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

1) Jesus, is the ruler of the spiritual kingdom that he established in the heart of the believer. Eventually the original Gospel of The Kingdom of Heaven will subdue the world, not by force but by love and brotherly understanding.

2) Jesus is now the unquestioned Sovreign Lord of his own creation having successfully completed the incarnate mission; to live the life of one of his own created beings while subject to the will of the Father.

The Israelites developed certain rigid and unyielding expectations of the form and function of the "deliverer". They are largely incapable of compromise and still categorically reject the Son of God.

Then what is the purpose of return of Christ, if it is not to rule?

Colt

Then what is the purpose of return of Christ, if it is not to rule?
It could be to commune with believers? We don't know what other reasons he may have; we just know that he promised believers to return. Maybe the anticipation of a return adds "purpose" for our blind faith generation after generation?" I can only speculate. We know that the early apostles and believers though he was coming back in their generation. They confused the coming of the spirit of truth (which all religious truth seekers around the world received) with a literal return in the future.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Two simple questions;

Because the early Christian church had to reconcile itself against past events, but these considerations don't apply to future claims.

To provide a carrot and stick to motivate continued adherence among Christians.