• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why it's always ( ISLAM vs. CHRISTIANITY )

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
actually i was just replying in many threads but i never made one for myself and i was thinking we were debating always about different things but what about the similarities !!!

It's a story of a man who converted from christianity to Islam because he found out that it's not a new religion theory but it just fulfilling of what Jesus ( peace be upon him ) was telling his people about.

this is the link : http://www.islamonline.net/english/ramadan/1421/convert/convert4.shtml

and this is a quote from what he said in this link ( in red color font ) and i will bring evidence from the bible of these similarities:

I could not believe the similarity and relationship that it had with Christianity. It wasn't some foreign religion made up by some foreign man who worshipped some foreign God. It was the true Abrahamaic (pbuh) religion, revealed through a man whose very lineage traced back to Abraham's (pbuh) first son Ishmael (pbuh) who worshipped the same one true God. This further fed my curiousity and interest in Islam.

Seeing all the men, women, and children bow in unison and put their faces flat against the ground in prayer seemed a little strange and funny, yet so humble, so unified, and so natural. It seemed like this was the ultimate way that we as God's creations were supposed to pray. I recalled in my mind accounts in Bible of other prophets like Abraham, Moses, and Gesus (pbuh), throwing themselves to the ground in humility and prayer to God yet this is not the way we prayed in church as "Christians", but the Muslims did!

". . . and began to be sorrowful and very depressed. Then saith he unto them, ‘my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death' . . ."

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face (Exactly as the Muslim does in Salaat), and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."

(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26: 37-39

Jesus (pbuh) told us to greet each other by saying "Peace be with you", yet we Christians didn't do this. It was the Muslims who greeted each other saying "As-Salaamu Alaikum" which means "Peace be with you".

He spoke to them again and said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." John 20:21

In Christianity only "orthodox" nuns covered their heads and bodies, but this was a standard practice of modesty, chastity and humbleness for millions of practicing Muslim women who were interactive members of the society. It wasn't something reserved for the "orthodox". I left that little session engulfed in a maze of thoughts.

so after you finish reading ..

do you think all these similarities between Islam and Christianity are not enough for anyone to believe that Islam is the truth way to fulfill what all prophets were trying to explain for thier people?

jonny

do you think all these similarities between Islam and Christianity are not enough for anyone to believe that Islam is the truth way to fulfill what all prophets were trying to explain for thier people?
No. There are similarities between many religions. That does not mean that they are all true. The examples you gave are cultural, not doctrinal.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Truth said:
actually i was just replying in many threads but i never made one for myself and i was thinking we were debating always about different things but what about the similarities !!!

It's a story of a man who converted from christianity to Islam because he found out that it's not a new religion theory but it just fulfilling of what Jesus ( peace be upon him ) was telling his people about.

this is the link : http://www.islamonline.net/english/ramadan/1421/convert/convert4.shtml

and this is a quote from what he said in this link ( in red color font ) and i will bring evidence from the bible of these similarities:

I could not believe the similarity and relationship that it had with Christianity. It wasn't some foreign religion made up by some foreign man who worshipped some foreign God. It was the true Abrahamaic (pbuh) religion, revealed through a man whose very lineage traced back to Abraham's (pbuh) first son Ishmael (pbuh) who worshipped the same one true God. This further fed my curiousity and interest in Islam.

Seeing all the men, women, and children bow in unison and put their faces flat against the ground in prayer seemed a little strange and funny, yet so humble, so unified, and so natural. It seemed like this was the ultimate way that we as God's creations were supposed to pray. I recalled in my mind accounts in Bible of other prophets like Abraham, Moses, and Gesus (pbuh), throwing themselves to the ground in humility and prayer to God yet this is not the way we prayed in church as "Christians", but the Muslims did!

". . . and began to be sorrowful and very depressed. Then saith he unto them, ‘my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death' . . ."

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face (Exactly as the Muslim does in Salaat), and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."

(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26: 37-39

Jesus (pbuh) told us to greet each other by saying "Peace be with you", yet we Christians didn't do this. It was the Muslims who greeted each other saying "As-Salaamu Alaikum" which means "Peace be with you".

He spoke to them again and said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." John 20:21

In Christianity only "orthodox" nuns covered their heads and bodies, but this was a standard practice of modesty, chastity and humbleness for millions of practicing Muslim women who were interactive members of the society. It wasn't something reserved for the "orthodox". I left that little session engulfed in a maze of thoughts.

so after you finish reading ..

Perhaps that is how you see it, and you believe in what you do, bcause it is right for you. For me, Christianity is 'the right' thing, but, I do not believe that either of us is wrong.

The main thing that god wants from us is love; love for every one of his children - which means that we Christians should love you Muslims as our brothers - we are all his children. Hopefully you can love us in the same way.

Peace be with you.:)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
Perhaps that is how you see it, and you believe in what you do, bcause it is right for you. For me, Christianity is 'the right' thing, but, I do not believe that either of us is wrong.
* you are right but ... do anyone should remain in what he believes in because he was born in that family or that country ?

do you think it's right to see the religion as a matter of winning or losing not as a searching for the truth whereever it is ?

michel said:
The main thing that god wants from us is love; love for every one of his children - which means that we Christians should love you Muslims as our brothers - we are all his children. Hopefully you can love us in the same way.

ofcourse .. Peace be with you and upon you. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
The Truth said:
* you are right but ... do anyone should remain in what he believes in because he was born in that family or that country ?

do you think it's right to see the religion as a matter of winning or losing not as a searching for the truth whereever it is ?

ofcourse .. Peace be with you and upon you. :)
I agree with you completely; tohave blind faith in a religion because it is the same as that of your parents, or of your country is not something I would recommend. Searching for the 'right' religion is a very personal one; I suppose that there are many who cling to the traditional religion because it is easier than having to think for oneself.

And, no, I do not see the result of the search as 'one winning over any other' every faith has validity - depending on the believer.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
You asked in another thread why many people do not accept Islam as a religion. Your
proselytizing statement is probably just one of the many reasons which it isn't.
I have no issues with a person being muslim, if they choose. But when it is forced
upon me, I tend to feel less about it, no?

MICH said:
Exactly.

Religion is not meant to be played as a game, TT. How you defined that really suprises me.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Renaldo said:
You asked in another thread why many people do not accept Islam as a religion. Your
proselytizing statement is probably just one of the many reasons which it isn't.
I have no issues with a person being muslim, if they choose. But when it is forced
upon me, I tend to feel less about it, no?

Exactly.

Religion is not meant to be played as a game, TT. How you defined that really suprises me.
I think you have misunderstood 'The Truth' Renaldo; I can sense he is struggling with his words..........
icon12.gif

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
michel said:
I think you have misunderstood 'The Truth' Renaldo; I can sense he is struggling with his words..........
icon12.gif
I don't understand the Islamic religion in general, MICH, however I will not make any
criticising comments about their "way".

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
michel said:
I agree with you completely; tohave blind faith in a religion because it is the same as that of your parents, or of your country is not something I would recommend. Searching for the 'right' religion is a very personal one; I suppose that there are many who cling to the traditional religion because it is easier than having to think for oneself.

And, no, I do not see the result of the search as 'one winning over any other' every faith has validity - depending on the believer.

i totally agree with you .. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Renaldo said:
upon me, I tend to feel less about it, no?.
I apologize to you if my statment seem to be not in a propper way but i was just trying to know ( because i don't know what other religions people think about i swear ) what is wrong with Islam and how people from other religions see it because i was born in an islamic family and i don't have any experince about being non muslim that's why.

Also, i have no intention and i have no skills in making people convert to Islam or forcing them to be because as i see my religion the right one ofcourse others will see thiers the right one but i just wanted to know for example if anyone came up with evidence and stuff so that would help to open our mind and discuss it or we will just defend ours blindly..

i hope you got my idea and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Renaldo said:
* we have another misconception in here :bonk:

actually i just wanted to know whether people just defend thier beliefs blindly ( which i don't do so ) in order to proof that thier beliefs is the best whatever it is or they try to be flixible with other ideas and beliefs.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Renaldo said:
I don't understand the Islamic religion in general, MICH, however I will not make any
criticising comments about their "way".
If you don't know what is Islam so it's your choice whether you wanna know more about it or not ( warning: I'm not forcing you :p ) and i have no probelm to clear for you anything that you didn't understand about Islam ( not by force but just in case you wanted to ).

and words such as thier ... or they are ... and stuff don't seems to me as friendly words because you are dealing with me as member of RF not with them (if you refer to muslims).

and this is the thing i wanted to know about non muslim because i can see now that you are dealing with them ( muslims ) not with me as a person who lack for truth.

Ulver

I think Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have a great deal in common and the fact that they share some religious texts is part of the proof in that.

The thing I find ironic though is how most of the religious conflicts in the world come from these three faiths. Christains fighting Muslims and Jews, Jews fighting Muslims and Christians and Muslims fighting Christians and Jews. Even Christians fighting Christians and Muslims fighting Muslims.

The other ironic thing is how, at least before the State of Israel was re-created, Muslims and Jews got along very well. In general Muslims were usually much more tolerant of Judaism and other faiths within the Islamic Empires, people of other faiths simply had to pay a tax (I doubt it was all that heavy of one). While in Christian europe it was convert or die, which was all too well exhibited by Charlemange, the forcing out of Mulims and Jews from Spain and ofcourse the Inquisition.

np: Iron Maiden- Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Ulver

The Truth said:
actually i just wanted to know whether people just defend thier beliefs blindly ( which i don't do so ) in order to proof that thier beliefs is the best whatever it is or they try to be flixible with other ideas and beliefs.

I think you only have to go so far as HERE and other threads on Creationism/The Flood/ and similiar ones to find people who folow their religion blindly.

Steve

Islam and Christianity cannot be reconciled. Muslims dont belive they need the atonment Jesus made for mankind on the cross. They even deny that he was crucified on the cross and died. Rather they belive one book written by one man 700 years after the event instead of the many books by the many authors in new testament written soon after the event.
Christianity is founded on this, that Jesus was cruicified to pay for our sins. Muslims reject this and instead as far as i know belive that God will forgive them because they pray ennough and do more good then bad. Yet doing more good than bad does not nullify the bad, if i am charged with theft can my defence be "i didnt steal on any of the other days of this week?" Or how about murder, rape, lying, adultery etc - if i murder someone my defence cant be that it was the only person i murdered that month or year so i shouldnt be held accountable because of the times when i did what was right.
All of us have sinned, broken Gods commandments, God will see to it that justice is served, Jesus paid for the sins of those who are willing to turn to God. That way we can stand befor God and be accepted because our sins have already been paid for - Gods Holy Justice has been served.

The old testament alludes to this often, the sacrifice of animals etc as a payment for our sin, it was all just leading up to the Sacrifice Jesus made. The spotless lamb in regards to passover. Also the old testament is full of prophecies regarding Jesus' sacrifice and its purpose.

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isaiah 53:4-6

The Truth said:
Many religions have similarities but these alone prove nothing, Rather you could read what the prophets wrote and ask yourself what religion really fulfills their prophecies.
http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/messianicprophecies.html

Ulver

:banghead3

All I'm going to say is I find it funny how some christians seem blood thirsty to provoke and insult other faiths as if in some attempt to get Armageddon here faster. Really some people just want to hate instead of love. It's their way or the highway to hell.

ps: my comment getting censored is a real joke here. I didn't even curse.

np: Pelican- Autumn Into Summer

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
I welcome the Truth. Peace be with you. I have studied the similarities for years. Islam worships the SAME God of Abraham that is worshipped by the Jews and the Christians. Why does this start an arguement?

It's like watching children argueing over who daddy loves more.

Islam is the way, Jesus is the way, Tao is the way.

The way is the way, is the way. They are all the same way. All paths lead ultimately to the Divinity. The man just said he believes in Jesus, yet Christians still come at him, with razor sharp tongues, passing judgment and critizing things they don't fully understand.

Dear Lord give them eyes so they may see the whole Truth, and let them see how all truths have a common thread, which is God's ultimate Truth and that is plain and simple LOVE.

CMIYC

EnhancedSpirit said:
I

Dear Lord give them eyes so they may see the whole Truth, and let them see how all truths have a common thread, which is God's ultimate Truth and that is plain and simple LOVE.
I don’t know all that much about Christianity or Islam or for that matter any other belief but I do know sense and nonsense. I do know, not to follow blind faith as that might lead be to intolerance. I think EnhancedSpirit you’ve got the money on this one, you might even have something more, “truth”

Cheers