• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is your understanding of an other religion the right one?

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Knowledge of physical world and Knowledge of spiritual/religious isdues are two different things
Religion is part of the physical world.
"Spiritual issues" are only known to exist in the physical world, as products of our imagination.
There is no evidence that any kind of "spiritual world" exist at all.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
As I said.
I do not judge her, i don't tell her or think she is imoral.
I love her fully and honestly.
No negative at all.

You are the one assuming thingst toward me.
The obvious problem here is that you are attempting to occupy two conflicting positions simultaneously (as is often the case with modernist, progressive religionists).
You feel obliged to acknowledge and accept god and his pronouncements, but at the same time reject them. I understand the underlying reasons for this (faith and dogma vs empathy and reason), I just struggle to understand how you manage to do it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Time and time again it is seen in RF that certain people (especially certain Atheists do) telling other people that their understanding is wrong on their own religious belief, while the person who isn't from their religion actually claim to know their religion and teaching better than the believer....

Why do you believe your understanding is better than the person who actually follow the religion you claim to know so well?

I believe it is because I have the Holy Spirit to guide me.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Time and time again it is seen in RF that certain people (especially certain Atheists do) telling other people that their understanding is wrong on their own religious belief, while the person who isn't from their religion actually claim to know their religion and teaching better than the believer....

Why do you believe your understanding is better than the person who actually follow the religion you claim to know so well?
I can’t speak for all conversation on this forum, but it is annoying when people claim something that is verifiably false. Imagine the memes of Spock with the caption “Use the Force, Luke” — Gandalf

That’s how some people look to me. They are trying to sell me a product they clearly know nothing about.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW

As a polytheist, I've encountered all manner of know-it-alls, both outsiders and those claiming to be polytheists and Pagans. And, in my experience, it's a mixed bag. It's entirely possible for some non-practitioners to know better than someone who claims to be one. I've also seen people who claim a religion who truly don't know jack about their own religion. Though, this can happen in any religion. My favorite was a friend's co-worker, a devout Christian from a Christian background who argued with my friend for saying Jesus was Jewish, she insisted he was a Christian. Technically, my friend was a non-Christian however, she'd also been raised by her devout Christian grandparents so even though she wasn't of the religion, she could go 'round with anyone who was.

I'm sure that kind of thing happens in all religions. I've encountered Pagans who are the equivalent of my friend's co-worker. They can be as bad as the know-it-all, but knows nothing, outsider who thinks their religion's propaganda against your religion is fact and want to insist that you're wrong.