• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is the Satanism DIR green while the other LHP DIRs are blue?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I'm under the impression we voted about it. There was a lot of votes at the same time, so I can't remember if there was one for the main DIR or not.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm under the impression we voted about it. There was a lot of votes at the same time, so I can't remember if there was one for the main DIR or not.

Yeah, I saw a thread for voting in another DIR. I guess I missed it. I wonder what the reasoning was for keeping that one green since we tend to get the highest amount of disrespectful and facetious comments, imo.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup, it was vote-based. If members of a DIR ever want the color changed, though, they can feel free to propose that in Site Feedback.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yup, it was vote-based. If members of a DIR ever want the color changed, though, they can feel free to propose that in Site Feedback.

I would like it changed, but I would want the feedback of the other Satanists, too. If I post it in the Site Feedback forum, only me and the staff can see it.

ScottySatan

The green/blue thing was an attempt to control peoples' behaviour here. It just dictates who can say what, where. I submit that it hasn't worked, because lots of people have been routinely going outside of those lines. It doesn't seem to be enforced.

If I think about the logistics of enforcing this rule, I think it would be very difficult because it forces moderators to qualify who is in what religion, and then qualify whether their post is a respectful question or something else.

The only practical thing I can see coming from this for the staff is that it's another way to censor someone while appearing to have justification. I don't see any evidence of that being done.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The green/blue thing was an attempt to control peoples' behaviour here. It just dictates who can say what, where. I submit that it hasn't worked, because lots of people have been routinely going outside of those lines. It doesn't seem to be enforced.

If I think about the logistics of enforcing this rule, I think it would be very difficult because it forces moderators to qualify who is in what religion, and then qualify whether their post is a respectful question or something else.

The only practical thing I can see coming from this for the staff is that it's another way to censor someone while appearing to have justification. I don't see any evidence of that being done.

I saw that some of the posts by that Muslim who was spouting off Islamic beliefs were deleted from here. So it is enforced when the mods do see it happening.

I just think it would be a good idea to make it blue because it would help keep discussions from being interrupted by those who know nothing about Satanism and are just repeating what the culture at large or their religion thinks it is. We should have a place to discuss our religion/philosophy without having to deal with disrespectful remarks and inappropriate subjects, like other religions on here do. The Luciferians and the Setians have their subforums as blue, so I see no reason why ours shouldn't be.

Last edited:

ScottySatan

I saw that some of the posts by that Muslim who was spouting off Islamic beliefs were deleted from here. So it is enforced when the mods do see it happening.

I just think it would be a good idea to make it blue because it would help keep discussions from being interrupted by those who know nothing about Satanism and are just repeating what the culture at large or their religion thinks it is. We should have a place to discuss our religion/philosophy without having to deal with disrespectful remarks and inappropriate subjects, like other religions on here do. The Luciferians and the Setians have their subforums as blue, so I see no reason why ours shouldn't be.

maybe. Though looking back, it was made green by a strong majority vote by people who are still here. I didn't vote. I think I was banned at the time, but I would have abstained.

edited to add: My upcoming vote is for sale.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Just because a DIR thread is green does not mean anything goes. Report people who debate or go against the basic tennants of a belief.

The staff did not make any decisions about the color, the members did.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I would like it changed, but I would want the feedback of the other Satanists, too. If I post it in the Site Feedback forum, only me and the staff can see it.

Well, creating an SF thread is just the first part to bring it to staff attention. From there, we'd probably do the same thing we did when originally deciding what color the DIR would be: create a thread with a poll in that subforum for open voting and discussion by its members. If you really want to see this discussed again, we can make it happen!

Orias

Left Hand Path
Just because a DIR thread is green does not mean anything goes. Report people who debate or go against the basic tennants of a belief.

The staff did not make any decisions about the color, the members did.

Ok wen can we make it red then :drool:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, creating an SF thread is just the first part to bring it to staff attention. From there, we'd probably do the same thing we did when originally deciding what color the DIR would be: create a thread with a poll in that subforum for open voting and discussion by its members. If you really want to see this discussed again, we can make it happen!

Okay. I will do that. :)

Ok wen can we make it red then :drool:

Haha! I would support that! :bat: