• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is Satan bad?

vdavid23

I believe in Satan and I still do good things for people. Why is it a Christian man more trust worthy than a man who believes in Satan. Please tell my why this is?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
If Satan is the Adversary and God is the God of the Bible, Satan is most likely the good one.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I believe in Satan and I still do good things for people. Why is it a Christian man more trust worthy than a man who believes in Satan. Please tell my why this is?

I believe in Satan and I'm also a Christian. I don't see how this is a valid logical argument.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
UnTheist said:
Because Satan is suppose to equal Evil. God = good. You get the picture.

"Are you so blindly faithful to His Will to never question Him? To never question Him like stupid little sheep?"

UnTheist

"Are you so blindly faithful to His Will to never question Him? To never question Him like stupid little sheep?"
And what does this have to do with Christians disliking Satanists?

Please refrain from putting "You're stupid for being a Theist" in every single thread, especially when it is irrelevant to the OP. Thank you.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
The vast majority of Christians do believe in Satan. You make it sound as if they don't.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
UnTheist said:
And what does this have to do with Christians disliking Satanists?

I am merely point out that not everything is black and white.

UnTheist said:
Please refrain from putting "You're stupid for being a Theist" in every single thread, especially when it is irrelevant to the OP. Thank you.

Sorry if I was offensive. I do not believe Theists are stupid. Ask Danisty and morning-star. It was merely a quote to make people think. The God and Devil dichotomy is too absolute.

Note: Every Christian who believes the Bible is Inerrant, thinks I am a fool. :D

crystal23

Mormon Princess

i believe in Satan, do i worship or pray to him, of course not. You need the "good" with the "bad" yeah know, the ying with the yang. so i mean you kinda have to believe in satan if you believe in God. does that make sense:confused:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While I don't believe in Satan as an actual entity, I do see him in a view similar to the LeVay Satanism, and I think he is a very good role model.
I think it does come down to people thinking "Satan = Bad."

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
i believe in Satan, do i worship or pray to him, of course not. You need the "good" with the "bad" yeah know, the ying with the yang. so i mean you kinda have to believe in satan if you believe in God. does that make sense:confused:
Good point, Mormon Princess. Welcome to RF!

cardero

Citizen Mod
I think Satan has received a bad rap. A reputation fueled my rumour, faith, heresay and biased writings. All anyone ever knows about Satan is what is written in the Bible and if one reads the Bible carefully, God clearly has demonstrated more atrocities and more deeds that many people would deem evil than Satan could ever do.

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!

First, the answer to the question of the thread, " why is satan bad?" is because he chose to be.

The reason that you would deem a christian more trustworthy than a nonchristian is that they are answerable to God (as we all are) but they know what is expected of them, they have given their hearts to God so would be convicted if they behaved in a non christian like way, and as a christian you have to show the world how to live a rightous and honest life.(going by the Bible) It is more likely for an unsaved person to give into sin than a saved person, though not impossible.

Sorry, didnt read OP properly ,oops! I thought it was a case of why would you trust a christian more than a non christian, as K.purr said, christians believe in satan. Do you mean a satanist? Someone who worships satan?

porkchop

I'm Heffer!!!
I think Satan has received a bad rap. A reputation fueled my rumour, faith, heresay and biased writings. All anyone ever knows about Satan is what is written in the Bible and if one reads the Bible carefully, God clearly has demonstrated more atrocities and more deeds that many people would deem evil than Satan could ever do.

You gonna be happy saying that to God on judgement day? :(

~Amin~

God is the King
Thats a sad statement oviously you dont know
scripture ie Qur'an,
God Almighty out 0f His Mercy, and Wisdom,
even gave satan a choice to recognise the status
of man ie humans , but he was arogant and unjust
to himself.

As for the atrocities they are the obedience of man
to the whispers and sugestions of the devil.
What has that got to do with God?