• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is belief in gods so much more common in humans than non-belief?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This could be turned around on you anti-theists when you think you're so logical and reasoned but you're just as irrational as those you decry.

Only if you can actually show that these "anti-theists" hold superstitious beliefs.
Can you? If yes, what are they?

I find your type very hypocritical.

Ow? How so?

You have the same mentality as fundamentalists as you're both as close-minded and arrogant as each other.

How am I close-minded?

Also, I don't pray to the gods and spirits to ask them to bind the laws of reality for me, nor do I believe in miracles.

So what do you believe?
As religion you have noted "Germanic Folk Revival". What does that entail?

You seem to be on the defensive side of religion, so I'm assuming you are a theist of sorts and therefor hold beliefs in supernatural things, do you not?

Note that I didn't single out any particular religion.
I have yet to be introduced to a religion that doesn't include superstitious beliefs.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Only if you can actually show that these "anti-theists" hold superstitious beliefs.
Can you? If yes, what are they?

Ow? How so?

How am I close-minded?

So what do you believe?
As religion you have noted "Germanic Folk Revival". What does that entail?

You seem to be on the defensive side of religion, so I'm assuming you are a theist of sorts and therefor hold beliefs in supernatural things, do you not?

Note that I didn't single out any particular religion.
I have yet to be introduced to a religion that doesn't include superstitious beliefs.
I didn't say that anti-theists hold superstitious beliefs, but was pointing out that they are often just as irrational and ignorant as those they decry.

I don't believe in the concept of the "supernatural" as that's a misnomer to me. I do not believe in some duality between the natural world and some transcendent realm "beyond". It is all part of the same cosmos to me.

My religion is Germanic polytheism and animism. It's often referred to as Asatru, Heathenry or Forn Sidr.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I didn't say that anti-theists hold superstitious beliefs, but was pointing out that they are often just as irrational and ignorant as those they decry.

Well, first of all, nobody ever said that atheists (or "anti-theists" as you seem to like to call them) have a monopoly on rationality.

However, your accusation has no substance unless you can give examples.

I don't believe in the concept of the "supernatural" as that's a misnomer to me. I do not believe in some duality between the natural world and some transcendent realm "beyond". It is all part of the same cosmos to me.

My religion is Germanic polytheism and animism.
From wikipedia:

Animism (from Latin anima, "breath, spirit, life")[1][2] is the religious belief that objects, places and creatures all possess a distinct spiritual essence
Animism encompasses the beliefs that all material phenomena have agency

Sounds pretty superstitious to me...

It's often referred to as Asatru, Heathenry or Forn Sidr.

So.... Thor and Odin and stuff?

:rolleyes:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, first of all, nobody ever said that atheists (or "anti-theists" as you seem to like to call them) have a monopoly on rationality.

However, your accusation has no substance unless you can give examples.

From wikipedia:

Animism (from Latin anima, "breath, spirit, life")[1][2] is the religious belief that objects, places and creatures all possess a distinct spiritual essence
Animism encompasses the beliefs that all material phenomena have agency

Sounds pretty superstitious to me...

So.... Thor and Odin and stuff?

*clicks ignore*

Maybe try being mature before joining a forum based around religious topics. So tired of you rude anti-theists. Yes, you're anti-theists because you're just here to snidely ridicule reigious people and theists. That's beyond mere atheism. There's enough of you trolls on here in the first place and I'm tired of it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Maybe try being mature before joining a forum based around religious topics. So tired of you rude anti-theists. Yes, you're anti-theists because you're just here to snidely ridicule reigious people and theists. That's beyond mere atheism. There's enough of you trolls on here in the first place and I'm tired of it.

If you can't handle discussing religious beliefs with atheists, perhaps your should go to a forum where there are no atheists.

I can't help if you feel the need to take insult or ridicule when I ask questions or share my opinion about your religious beliefs.

You mentioned your religious beliefs and I looked them up. You said you didn't believe in gods, but then said your religion is Germanic polytheism, which includes gods.

You said you didn't believe in the supernatural, but then named a religion that includes the supernatural.

Don't blame me for trying to make sense of your self-contradicting posts.