• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I use my own name!!!

Most everyone else has to use a pseudonyme. They generally all live in a definite community and want to be free of worry that members of the close or even extended family, much less neighbors and work associates, might be offended or angry over what they write. We are a very divided people in the US.

I am an atheist and my "cause" is considered very controversial. Indeed, I say much more that angers others than probably anyone here! But, there is another big difference, it doesn't matter with me because I am a widower, retired, and living in my motor home!

I do not even have a residence address! My mail goes to a mail forwarding service which sends it on to me when I request it. In fact, I don't even need to pay rent. I can park in shopping centers and use my generator for electricity. I do my own cooking on my propane stove and propane is cheap when pumped into large containers. My lap top computer is wireless. I pay no utilities.

So, my motor home is self contained. It has everything needed for a complete household---including a small shovel, vacuum cleaner, tool box, printer, scanner, etc.

For the last eight months I have been in an oddyssy throught the South. At the moment i am in Oklahoma City. Where ever I go, my old motor home breaks down and I have to get involved with poor local people. At least, that is the way it has been working out! I am learned how to do business and be neighborly to them. This included many people who are part indian, cajungs, day laborers and free lance mechanics. All this experience in dealing with them in complete and total honesty has been an amazing experience. They have been good to me.

And I see how the poorer classes are suffering in these United States.

charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com (daily hit average now running at 455!)

:cover:

A

angellous_evangellous

Most everyone else has to use a pseudonyme.

Finally someone better than all of us. We've been waiting for you for a long time.

A

angellous_evangellous

Apply your pseudo-psychological babble to that.

hahaha

A

angellous_evangellous

Charles said:
I am an atheist and my "cause" is considered very controversial. Indeed, I say much more that angers others than probably anyone here!

So what's your cause?

Maybe you'll have to create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

I can't wait to get angry.:eek:

Booko

Deviled Hen
charles brough said:
Most everyone else has to use a pseudonyme. They generally all live in a definite community and want to be free of worry that members of the close or even extended family, much less neighbors and work associates, might be offended or angry over what they write. We are a very divided people in the US.

That's never been concern of mine, or any of my close e-friends over the years. For years I used my real name online, as a sysop and later as a moderator of a Religion conference on a larger network.

But I was lucky -- any one looking for me at that time would've had a tough time of it. What shows up in public records is in my husband's name, and we have different last names.

Women have reasons for anonymity online (and in the phone book) that men rarely concern themselves with. It's very nice of someone like yourself to have the freedom to lose the anonymity, but the rest of us can't afford that luxury.

The truth is, straight white men in this society can go pretty much anywhere they want any time in relative safety.

And then there are the rest of us.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
charles brough said:
Most everyone else has to use a pseudonyme. They generally all live in a definite community and want to be free of worry that members of the close or even extended family, much less neighbors and work associates, might be offended or angry over what they write.
Umm... why do you assume that people choose pseudonymns for the purpose of avoiding accountability?

charles brough said:
and my "cause" is considered very controversial. Indeed, I say much more that angers others than probably anyone here!
Yes, a lot of people have such delusions of grandeur.

charles brough said:
charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com (daily hit average now running at 455!)
Maybe we just don't use our real names because we don't have anything to sell. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll be nice. Welcome to RF.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
charles brough said:

I am an atheist and my "cause" is considered very controversial. Indeed, I say much more that angers others than probably anyone here! But, there is another big difference, it doesn't matter with me because I am a widower, retired, and living in my motor home!

I do not even have a residence address! My mail goes to a mail forwarding service which sends it on to me when I request it. In fact, I don't even need to pay rent. I can park in shopping centers and use my generator for electricity. I do my own cooking on my propane stove and propane is cheap when pumped into large containers. My lap top computer is wireless. I pay no utilities.

So, my motor home is self contained. It has everything needed for a complete household---including a small shovel, vacuum cleaner, tool box, printer, scanner, etc.

For the last eight months I have been in an oddyssy throught the South. At the moment i am in Oklahoma City. Where ever I go, my old motor home breaks down and I have to get involved with poor local people. At least, that is the way it has been working out! I am learned how to do business and be neighborly to them. This included many people who are part indian, cajungs, day laborers and free lance mechanics. All this experience in dealing with them in complete and total honesty has been an amazing experience. They have been good to me.

And I see how the poorer classes are suffering in these United States.

:cover:
Welcome, Charles. (I believe we've already met. :) ) Give me a call when your motor home finds its way to Salt Lake City. I'll buy you lunch and won't even try to convert you.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Me too; michel = michel. This was the first forum I ever joined, and it never occurred to me to use a "username" that was different from my own.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Welcome.

I use my real name, though. The saint's name I bear has far more importance to me than any other, which is why I use it as my username, and James really is my first name, hence the reason I sign every post with it. I don't use my surname online because that would be asking for trouble - outside of my immediate family nobody, to the best of my knowledge (and it's highly unlikely that there's anyone i don't know of) nobody else in the world has the same one. I'd simply be too easy to find if some nutter took it upon himself to do so and I'm less bothered about myself than I am about my wife and children.

James