• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why i think paganism is amazing

blessed

i went to an all girls catholic school and as i was wondering around this forum i found why i turned ot paganism.

*first i am not slandering any other religion i feel this is important for me to point out*

why paganism is so brilliant
1. no debates or hard feelings about homosexuality, in wicca sexual orintation is not an important thing, there is no condeming or bad feelings

2. the balance of the god and godess no one is greater they are equal- i found that i could never turely understand why catholics are against women priests

3. there is no bad feelings towards other religions and paganism does not claim to be the only TRUE religion.

4. When we were asked at school "how can you believe in something you dont see?" i never knew how to answer that- when i turned to paganism i found i could answer that question easily just by looking around the sun the earth mother nature the moon its all here you can see nature just as you can feel power/energy/forces.

what does everyone else think? :oops:

Runt

Aye, I agree.

Some other reasons:

Although we acknowledge the darker sides of nature (the Terrible Mother, for example), we understand that death is only a temporary inturruption in life, evil is something of human creation, and we will not be tortured forever in a place like Hell. Therefore, we can life our lives without fear of our Gods, of the pleasure we take in life, or of the afterlife.

blessed

i never though about that but your right we as wiccan's and/or pagans dont have to live our lives to a set of guidlines afraid that if we dont we will go to hell. plus there is no bible as such i have my bos but that is personal to ME, no one else. :p

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Native American spirituality.... although I guess we fit in here with pagans
has no need for fear. Fear is the result of always second guessing your standing with god... am I going to hell today? tomorrow?
We have no hell and thus no fear of it. We have no sin so no need for hell.
Personally, I agree with most of the people I have talked with on this. If you walk with balance you move on to join the great mystery/ creator/ tankashela whatever... If your not ready for that then you try again...

wa:-do

Master Vigil

Even in Taoism, there is no fear of any hell, or even death for that matter. It is all a matter of becoming one with yourself, nature, and/or Tao. There is no bible, the Tao Te Ching is not comparable to the bible. There is no set guidelines to follow, or set rituals to practice.

generally chaoists do not believe in an aftrlife. i suspect there is something, but i am too busy trying to get this one right, frankly. even if it's oblivion, is that so bad? i don't remember existing before i was born, so it would just be a return to that.
there do seem to be techniques for continuance, but most seem invasive if not downright evil. Black and red rites, whatnot. I prefer to just see what's over the stars.