• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I have no enemies

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The verses i gave you speak about how a muslim should do it in wartime, not in peace time. But as a sufi i do not have enemies so i do not take part in war.

I've read the verses and they come from the Quran and I assume the Quran is important to you as well. I remember you saying whether you should read everything in the Quran as literal and another time to me it was seeing you gain spiritual messages from negative things in the Quran. Since the Quran is for both Sufi (right?) and mainstream Muslims, I would assume both of you would read and come away with the same general message: peace, love for god, and so forth.

If you said "some" Muslims support wartime on their enemies because of "their" interpretation of the Quran, I can see it. This would mean it's not the "Quran's fault" but how some Muslims interpret the Quran and have enemies because of it.

Months ago (or a year?) people on this board mentioned about the Quran and some of the bad things it said. I remember you saying that's the choice of the person not all Muslims are like that (at the time you didn't-from my memory-separate Sufi and mainstream Muslims).

Now, to me it seems like you're saying that the Quran teaches bad things (therefore mainstream Muslims are bad cause they create enemies) and Sufi teachings are good--but they are both from the Same book.

From these pasts months, you've always mentioned separation from ego, respect for others, and things of that nature. Has the Quran changed that when you referred to mainstream Muslims the Quran speaks of?

If you did not say you were a Muslim, than I would think Sufi and mainstream Muslims are different-but that wasn't the message I've seen throughout these months.
I am not saying you are wrong or debating with you.

I'm confused with the mixed messages based on your post, Quranic references, and what you've been saying for the past months.

Are you a Muslim? (Are Sufi's Muslims?) and why would mainstream Muslims (as a generalization) be different than Sufi when both of you read from the same book?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The verses i gave you speak about how a muslim should do it in wartime, not in peace time. But as a sufi i do not have enemies so i do not take part in war.

To make my other post shorter cause I'm asking for a full answer. I like your posts in the past months; they are inspirational, but that other post kind of puts that to a holt. Here's my confusion:

Your thread
Religion is not about judging others, it is about judging one self. The more i study Islam teaching the more I realize that it is not about judging others for their behavior or their religious belief. Just because you believe different then I do. Who am i to judge you?

Quran
Your post reference
Quran (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who invent a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".
Quran (33:57) - "Verily, those who annoy Allah and His Messenger () Allah has cursed them in this world, and in the Hereafter, and has prepared for them a humiliating torment"

You (in this thread):
Sufism teach love for all beings, a bit different than mainstream islam there they should not love those who oppose Allah. Love and compassion start from within and remove more and more hate when practicing love toward everyone

Aren't Sufis Muslims?
Do Sufis use the Quran to determine what they believe?
Do "all" mainstream Muslims think this way because of the Quran?

In my opinion, it seems like you're judging mainstream Muslims based on the Quran, and telling others Sufi Muslims "don't think that way." (An ego-we are better than mainstream muslims)

If Sufis don't believe in the Quran, I can see the reasoning though I disagree with the generalization. Since you said you're Muslim, I would assume you guys take the same message. It becomes judging "your own kind". I'm sure not all mainstream Muslims are bad and I'm sure not all Sufis are good.

Kinda see the conflict?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I've read the verses and they come from the Quran and I assume the Quran is important to you as well. I remember you saying whether you should read everything in the Quran as literal and another time to me it was seeing you gain spiritual messages from negative things in the Quran. Since the Quran is for both Sufi (right?) and mainstream Muslims, I would assume both of you would read and come away with the same general message: peace, love for god, and so forth.

I am not saying you are wrong or debating with you.

I'm confused with the mixed messages based on your post, Quranic references, and what you've been saying for the past months.

Are you a Muslim? (Are Sufi's Muslims?) and why would mainstream Muslims (as a generalization) be different than Sufi when both of you read from the same book?
I are the quran as a guide for practitioners, so i do not read it 100% litterarly

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why wouldn't mainstream Muslims (people) do the same?

If you said mainstream Islam (referring to that "denomination") I can kinda see it though that sounds like a division statement, but not in relation to the people.

It seems like you're doing what you said you would not do.

Relating to this topic, it feels as though your saying mainstream muslims are X and you are Y can make enemies in itself-it's a cause of division because it breaks people apart in their own "unit:" Muslims are X and Sufis are Y rather than as one (Sufi, Shia, so have you) regardless people's ill choices and Quranic interpretations.

I never got the former impression from your pasts posts.

Edit.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why wouldn't mainstream Muslims (people) do the same?

If you said mainstream Islam (referring to that "denomination") I can kinda see it though that sounds like a division statement, but not in relation to the people.

It seems like you're doing what you said you would not do.

Relating to this topic, it feels as though your saying mainstream muslims are X and you are Y can make enemies in itself-it's a cause of division because it breaks people apart in their own "unit:" Muslims are X and Sufis are Y rather than as one (Sufi, Shia, so have you) regardless people's ill choices and Quranic interpretations.

I never got the former impression from your pasts posts.

Edit.
First of all i do not say shia or sunni muslims do wrong, i only say sufism is more internal than only scripture based. So yes i believe in the quran as guidance for understanding our internal journey.
My teacher peeled off me the thought of quran could only be understood literarly.

You will ser many changes of me on my journey through sufism. It is always showing me deeper understanding. This is why quran is the word of Allah on many different levels of wisdom. It is not just one answer

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
First of all i do not say shia or sunni muslims do wrong, i only say sufism is more internal than only scripture based. So yes i believe in the quran as guidance for understanding our internal journey.
My teacher peeled off me the thought of quran could only be understood literarly.

You will ser many changes of me on my journey through sufism. It is always showing me deeper understanding. This is why quran is the word of Allah on many different levels of wisdom. It is not just one answer

I think I wrote too much... to many ideas. I was just using Sunni as an example.

I was confused because you (you-not as an attack)

1. Your pasts posts mentioned no judging and respect other religions

2. You've also said that you are a Muslim (Sufi Muslim) without identity (identity/no ego)

3. In that post above, you said mainstream muslims believe in having enemies; Sufis do not.

4. Then you quote Quran versus to support mainstream muslim thought.

Okay. My questions are:

1. Why separate mainstream muslims from sufi muslims?

2. Do all mainstream muslims as a group read the Quran literally?

3. Isn't that a form of judging (making division) other groups of muslims?

In respects, that would make enemies.

Your answers are one to two sentences. The shorter your answer, the more I'd likely to ask for more clarification. The longer the answer, I get the context with what you're saying...

I don't like guessing the context from a short reply than my taking time and patience to read a long one.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think I wrote too much... to many ideas. I was just using Sunni as an example.

I was confused because you (you-not as an attack)

1. Your pasts posts mentioned no judging and respect other religions

2. You've also said that you are a Muslim (Sufi Muslim) without identity (identity/no ego)

3. In that post above, you said mainstream muslims believe in having enemies; Sufis do not.

4. Then you quote Quran versus to support mainstream muslim thought.

Okay. My questions are:

1. Why separate mainstream muslims from sufi muslims?

2. Do all mainstream muslims as a group read the Quran literally?

3. Isn't that a form of judging (making division) other groups of muslims?

In respects, that would make enemies.

Your answers are one to two sentences. The shorter your answer, the more I'd likely to ask for more clarification. The longer the answer, I get the context with what you're saying...

I don't like guessing the context from a short reply than my taking time and patience to read a long one.
1: I do not take any of what you or others say about me or sufism as an attack on me :) Do not worry.

2: Sufism is a branch of islam, the two main paths are Sunni and Shia, that is why i called them main stream, not an attack of them or how they see the quran.

3:I can not speak of other muslims than my self :) there will be differences from person to person the way i understand other muslims, but as i say i can only speak for how i understand the teaching (sufi)

4: It is not me who made the term Sunni, Shia or Sufism, but in the end we are all muslims yes. the names in my understanding comes from the different ways of interpretation past muslims have done, and what "school" they belong to.

Any muslim can have their understanding of islam and it is ok to me. I can only speak of how I understand the teaching, so when i speak it is about what I have understood or realized, not what others have done.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
1: I do not take any of what you or others say about me or sufism as an attack on me :) Do not worry.

2: Sufism is a branch of islam, the two main paths are Sunni and Shia, that is why i called them main stream, not an attack of them or how they see the quran.

3:I can not speak of other muslims than my self :) there will be differences from person to person the way i understand other muslims, but as i say i can only speak for how i understand the teaching (sufi)

4: It is not me who made the term Sunni, Shia or Sufism, but in the end we are all muslims yes. the names in my understanding comes from the different ways of interpretation past muslims have done, and what "school" they belong to.

Any muslim can have their understanding of islam and it is ok to me. I can only speak of how I understand the teaching, so when i speak it is about what I have understood or realized, not what others have done.

Thanks.

I'm more of a writer so bare with me.

1. How did you come to the conclusion that mainstream muslims read the Quran literally and Sufis don't?

2. What do you get spiritually from the verses you quoted than what you observed mainstream muslims don't do?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thanks.

I'm more of a writer so bare with me.

1. How did you come to the conclusion that mainstream muslims read the Quran literally and Sufis don't?

2. What do you get spiritually from the verses you quoted than what you observed mainstream muslims don't do?
1: Spoke with muslims from different part of Islam. The way i understood others is that they focus more about reciting the Quran, and memorizing it. As a sufi my teacher asked me to know what is in the Quran, But to look from within what the teaching do to me (Calming the mind, remove anger, finding love everywhere, and so on)
And to use the understanding to spead happines and joy between all people, by being a good person.

2: Again i can not say what other muslims get from the qoutes i have given. If you speak of the qoute in this thread, i would say that i do not see it as Allah ask us to hate those who are not muslims. But why it is written the way it is, that i have no good answer to. Honestly i can not understand why we should hate anyone.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
1: Spoke with muslims from different part of Islam. The way i understood others is that they focus more about reciting the Quran, and memorizing it. As a sufi my teacher asked me to know what is in the Quran, But to look from within what the teaching do to me (Calming the mind, remove anger, finding love everywhere, and so on)
And to use the understanding to spead happines and joy between all people, by being a good person.

2: Again i can not say what other muslims get from the qoutes i have given. If you speak of the qoute in this thread, i would say that i do not see it as Allah ask us to hate those who are not muslims. But why it is written the way it is, that i have no good answer to. Honestly i can not understand why we should hate anyone.

Thank you. Is it better that I number questions if I have them?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Love toward all humanity means love every human beings as human beings. :) I might not agree with actions people do, but that does not mean i can not love the person.
love in this speech is compassion for all humanity
Interesting reply. Jesus loved mankind (human beings), but condemned some of their actions. Thanks for that.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yeah, but everybody loved Paul Newman
No matter how you look at it, there are some actions a person may do that incurs bad feelings in another individual. While a person may choose to forgive, there are times that is hard to employ. And I'm assuming that means Paul Newman also. Although I did like his looks. :)