• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I criticize Freemasonry

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have nothing against Freemasons per se.

But since Freemasons oath loyalty and absolute fidelity to a Lodge, they cannot become politicians because in so many European countries there is the legislation about conflicting interests.

That is, you cannot serve the state and the Lodge simultaneously. You have to choose either.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Too many Freemasons are ashamed of confessing they are one, ..which makes one think, they have so much to hide

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It must be a different country. Here in US a lot of politicians are Freemasons.

I'm not one, but I do know it's a secretive religion which probably lends credit to its mystique where all sorts of conspiracies and stuff like that abound.

I tend to think of it is like a social club or fraternal organization like Mooses or Elks.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

I'm not one, but I do know it's a secretive religion which probably lends credit to its mystique where all sorts of conspiracies and stuff like that abound.

I tend to think of it is like a social club or fraternal organization like Mooses or Elks.

One question. A Freemason serve his Lodge's interests first. All other interests come second.
State interests, family interests.
How can they be a good politician?

We Never Know

No Slack

Freemasonary isn't what it used to be. Anyone can join their facebook page, order rings, shirts, etc.
However a piece of history.... Freemasons are the one that brought force the term "black balled". For when you went to join, they voted you in by a colored ball(usually red) but if any member dropped in a blackball, you were out, hence the term "black balled".

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Freemasonary isn't what it used to be. Anyone can join their facebook page, order rings, shirts, etc.
However a piece of history.... Freemasons are the one that brought force the term "black balled". For when you went to join, they voted you in by a colored ball(usually red) but if any member dropped in a blackball, you were out, hence the term "black balled".
There are low degrees of Freemasonry which are goliardic stuff

Notanumber

A Free Man
They used to reckon that many in the British police were Freemasons. It was supposed to be the best way up the greasy pole of promotion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have nothing against Freemasons per se.

But since Freemasons oath loyalty and absolute fidelity to a Lodge, they cannot become politicians because in so many European countries there is the legislation about conflicting interests.

That is, you cannot serve the state and the Lodge simultaneously. You have to choose either.

Methinks british politics is somewhat different,

Two Freemasons’ lodges set up more than 80 years ago [in Westminster] for members of parliament and political journalists are continuing to operate,...

Two Freemasons' lodges set up at Westminster are continuing to operate

This of course explains much about the road wreck that is british politics

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Methinks british politics is somewhat different,

Two Freemasons’ lodges set up more than 80 years ago [in Westminster] for members of parliament and political journalists are continuing to operate,...

Two Freemasons' lodges set up at Westminster are continuing to operate

This of course explains much about the road wreck that is british politics
In Britain there is the loyalty to the crown ( allegedly) ..here in Italy there is the loyalty to the Republic, an abstract spiritual entity that impersonates the Nation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Masons shouldn't work for free.

Actual story....
A contractor I know of, MFG, gave a bid to a client (a lawyer).
The client asked for a lower price.
MFG responded...
"This is a business. Not a f****** hobby!"

Btw, "MFG" stands for "****** ******* Greg"
cuz he was given to colorful expletives.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Kooky

Art 18 Constitution, and law 17 / 1982.

Secret lodges are uncostitutional. But even those aboveboard are merely tolerated.

Last edited: