• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I believe God Created Life.

rusra02

Premium Member
Your argument is academic and pointless. It is clear to me, having read everything that you don't understand evolution and you don't want to understand it either. You simply want to go along blissfully in your chosen belief. Which is fine. But please do not attempt to assert it as any kind of fact unless you have observable, testable, reproducable, verifiable evidence.

I think the quote from the scientific paper cited speaks for itself. It is observable, testable, reproducible, verifiable evidence.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I think the quote from the scientific paper cited speaks for itself. It is observable, testable, reproducible, verifiable evidence.

Further evidence of your apparent refusal to see reason lies in your citing that waste of bandwidth as a 'scientific paper'.

rusra02

Premium Member
Further evidence of your apparent refusal to see reason lies in your citing that waste of bandwidth as a 'scientific paper'.

Ah, the never-ending refrain from the evolution propaganda machine: If it doesn't support the ToE, call it names, and hope no one (gasp) reads it and finds out the truth.

starless

Ah, the never-ending refrain from the evolution propaganda machine: If it doesn't support the ToE, call it names, and hope no one (gasp) reads it and finds out the truth.

How about the "Earth Is Round" propaganda machine, where do you stand on that?

Having read about 40 pages of this discussion, I am not sure you even know what "science" means and what the word "scientific" entails.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Having read about 40 pages of this discussion, I am not sure you even know what "science" means and what the word "scientific" entails.

What do you mean "round?" HERESY! To the rack with you, heathen!:D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Funny how you so dishonestly refer to your propaganda as "truth".

So much for Proverbs 6:16-19....

rusra02

Premium Member

Actually, the Bible agrees that the earth is round, and did so when most people thought it was flat. (Isaiah 40:22) this is an example of the Bible's agreement with true science, as opposed to the unproven ToME (theory of macro evolution)

rusra02

Premium Member
Funny how you so dishonestly refer to your propaganda as "truth".

So much for Proverbs 6:16-19....

I believe people should examine both sides of this issue and make up their own minds whether we evolved or were created. It is a question of fundamental importance, IMO. Many who have done this are now convinced we are the work of a grand Creator. This includes Antony Flew, a former atheist who upon studying DNA and the cell concluded that these were the products of an intelligent mind.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Actually, the Bible agrees that the earth is round, and did so when most people thought it was flat. (Isaiah 40:22) this is an example of the Bible's agreement with true science, as opposed to the unproven ToME (theory of macro evolution)

Actually, it seems to be talking about a spherical disk. Here is the verse.
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.~ Isaiah 40:22 If his throne is "above" the Earth, then which direction is "above" on a round Earth? "Above" for The U.S. is a completely different direction than "above" for Australia, Antarctica, China, etc.

Also, you are forgetting a few verses as well...

I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous. 11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.~ Daniel 4:10-11 How is it possible to see a tree from the "ends of the earth" if the Earth is round?

Or this one...

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.~ Matthew 4:8
How is it possible to see all the kingdoms of the world on a round Earth?
350px-Flat_Earth_versus_Spherical_Earth_(Matthew_4_-_8_and_Luke_4_-_5),_for_RW.PNG

starless

So how come "true" science got that one right, but not natural selection?

starless

This includes Antony Flew, a former atheist who upon studying DNA and the cell concluded that these were the products of an intelligent mind.

And this philosopher's conclusions put put the nail in the coffin of 150 years worth of work by millions of biologists, geneticists and anthropologists all over the world?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I believe people should examine both sides of this issue and make up their own minds whether we evolved or were created. It is a question of fundamental importance, IMO. Many who have done this are now convinced we are the work of a grand Creator. This includes Antony Flew, a former atheist who upon studying DNA and the cell concluded that these were the products of an intelligent mind.

Except he was a Deist, not a creationist. His belief about God is that he/she/it brought about the universe and abandoned it, and set the laws of science and nature into place (Which includes the Big Bang, and biological evolution.) Not in any intervening deity that created the Earth in some sort of 6 day period.

rusra02

Premium Member
Actually, it seems to be talking about a spherical disk. Here is the verse.
He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.~ Isaiah 40:22 If his throne is "above" the Earth, then which direction is "above" on a round Earth? "Above" for The U.S. is a completely different direction than "above" for Australia, Antarctica, China, etc.

Also, you are forgetting a few verses as well...

I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous. 11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.~ Daniel 4:10-11 How is it possible to see a tree from the "ends of the earth" if the Earth is round?

Or this one...

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.~ Matthew 4:8
How is it possible to see all the kingdoms of the world on a round Earth?
350px-Flat_Earth_versus_Spherical_Earth_(Matthew_4_-_8_and_Luke_4_-_5),_for_RW.PNG

Indeed, the earth is spherical. The tree mentioned in Daniel 4 was in Nebuchadnezzar's dream and not a literal tree. As Daniel interpreted the dream, the tree represented Nebuchadnezzar's rulership. So the references to the ends of the earth are obviously not literal, even as "ends of the earth" are not understood literally when used in our day.
As to seeing all the kingdoms of earth, this would not normally be possible, whether the earth is round or not. In some way not explained in the Bible, Satan "took him along to an unusually high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory." This may have been in vision. Again, the Bible does not say, but it certainly does not imply the earth is not round or spherical, as The Bible plainly says it is at Isaiah 40:22.

rusra02

Premium Member
And this philosopher's conclusions put put the nail in the coffin of 150 years worth of work by millions of biologists, geneticists and anthropologists all over the world?

No, but the facts he investigated did, IMO.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Your sad attempt at bringing your beliefs up to the same level as science is most comical.
Not to mention flat out dishonest.

Your even sadder attempt at appeal to authority is merely a sign of desperation.