• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why humanity is more intelligent than the bible god

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
As you know deleting a file on your hard drive does not eradicate the file unless you use the DOD program to overwrite the same space umpteen times....lol
Killing a person doesn't eradicate the soul either.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
It's all just theories, and any self respecting scientist will admit that they really understand very little. In fact, Science is not designed to prove anything to be true. The Scientific Method involves taking a hypothesis and trying to show that it is false. If you and a bunch of your peers are unable to do so, you call it a theory or law and move on. There is nothing stopping someone in the future to come back to the problem and find a different aproach which finally shows an irregularity in the theory, and the process starts over again.

You seem intent on demeaning those with religious beliefs because they are unable to explain all of your questions. Yet faced with a question that science cannot currently answer you are more than willing to say that science will eventually figure it out. For a theist to say "I don't know, we'll have to ask God" you would claim it is a cop out. For someone to say "I don't know but some future scientist will figure it out" is a logical position. For some reason you are unable to see that the two are very similar, and each relys on faith to one extent or another.

Are you saying that there are no other planets than earth, I believe science found that out but the religious leaders convicted astronomers for their findings. So is there really no other planet but its just theoretical, since its part of science ?

Defij

ProfLogic said:
god has not stop the killings has it?

Wow, that is perhaps the most illogical argument I've heard in a very long time. First of all, you blame God, whom you say you don't even believe in, for NOT stopping something that you seem to deem as wrong, that other people are doing instead of blaming the people that are actually doing it?!

You lack of logic is making my head spin..... :areyoucra

Edit: Upon further review, I must demand that your remove the word "logic" from your name, unless you affix a prefix of "lack of" to it. Thank you.

ProfLogic

Defij said:
Wow, that is perhaps the most illogical argument I've heard in a very long time. First of all, you blame God, whom you say you don't even believe in, for NOT stopping something that you seem to deem as wrong, that other people are doing instead of blaming the people that are actually doing it?!

You lack of logic is making my head spin..... :areyoucra

Edit: Upon further review, I must demand that your remove the word "logic" from your name, unless you affix a prefix of "lack of" to it. Thank you.

According to the bible its all in gods plan so doesn't it make it its responsibility for anything that happens here?

Defij

ProfLogic said:
According to the bible its all in gods plan so doesn't it make it its responsibility for anything that happens here?

What are you talking about?! Haha! Seriously man, are you that ignorant about the Bible?! Are you just making this up as you go along or what?

Tell me where in the Bible it is part of Gods plan to have abortion? I'd love to see that.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
ProfLogic said:
If just shows that this forum is full of intelligence..lol By the way have you seen 2001, they tried to unplug the computer I believe. Or in War games.... Entitled is not the correct word, I meant anything can destroy....

Yes, there are many intelligent people on this forum!!! Perception is all relative. Even if the program figured out how to run after the progammer decided to "unplug" it, it still would not be without the programmer who created it. (that was my point about the people who believe God created them - again, not that I believe any of this anyway)

If you are in the US then the armies are currently occupied, so no....[/

Ha ha, despite being on the opposite side of this debate.... at least we can still have a good laugh together :D

Haas

michel said:
Sorry, but I think you're a bit 'off the mark' with this one. To give you credit, you are comparing man to the God as portrayed in the O.T; even then, it isn't a matter of intelligence, but one of 'humanity or love'.
Don't feed the fire brother,with guys like this, only God can change their mind.He's an idiot in Gods hands......We've all been there,where people tell you that the grass is green, but you insist that it's pink and purple....Just for the sake of argument.

Haas

AlanGurvey said:
And G-d allows for genocide to occur, reaaaaly intelligent. :run:
Don't waste space with your un-thought out responses....God is an infinite being.To us, we are losing human lives here on earth.That is finite thinking.To the infinite God,they are His children coming home.:cool:

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
god has not stop the killings has it?
why, have you??

it also says in the Torah that we should not stand by while innocent people are being harmed or killed...

Do you expect G-d to do everything for you?

SoyLeche

meh...
jewscout said:
Do you expect G-d to do everything for you?
Actually, I think he does. It seems to me that he has decided that if God exists then the world would be a wonderful, happy, edenic place to be. He looks around and says, the world isn't that way, so therefore God doesn't exist - when he really should be saying that it is still possible for God to exist, but not the God that he has imagined.