• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Hasn't Canada Had That Much Of An Impact Of The World ?

Massimo2002

Why Does Europe And The United States Have More Of An Impact In Peoples Minds ? To Me It Seems Like People Outside Of Canada Don't Care At All About Canada.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why Does Europe And The United States Have More Of An Impact In Peoples Minds ? To Me It Seems Like People Outside Of Canada Don't Care At All About Canada.
Don't be so hard on the Canucks. ;0)

They're actually a pretty spectacular country harboring a lot of talented and intelligent people. I think the list is endless with prominent famous Canadians.

Plus there's curling!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Population less than half that of the UK, maybe that population/government does not care much for expansionism, wageing war, needing its name in headlines of every news organisation in the world. They are quite content to get on with their lives in a beautiful country.

I see no problem with that

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, first off, welcome to Religious Forums!

As for your question, Canada is still one of the elite "G7" countries, so they probably do have an impact - just not as much as their southern neighbor. Both Canada and the U.S. have the same Mother Country, but Canada chose to become the "good son," while the U.S. chose to become the rebellious teenager (but we sort of matured later on). To paraphrase an old quote: "Well-behaved countries rarely make history."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I want to go to Canada sometime

I would rather go there than the USA
Toronto claims to be the most multicultural city in the world. If you're into long scenic drives and hikes, we can really do that too. There are still some very rural places. There are many contrasts between us and the gigantic neighbour looming to the south.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Population less than half that of the UK, maybe that population/government does not care much for expansionism, wageing war, needing its name in headlines of every news organisation in the world. They are quite content to get on with their lives in a beautiful country.

I see no problem with that
Once you get much above 50N Latitude... it gets pretty darn cold, with lots of snow. Most, if not all of its major cities are south of that.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Toronto claims to be the most multicultural city in the world. If you're into long scenic drives and hikes, we can really do that too. There are still some very rural places. There are many contrasts between us and the gigantic neighbour looming to the south.
I'm much more of a city person than I am a hiking person but if I ever went I'd like to see some of the rural locations too

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm much more of a city person than I am a hiking person but if I ever went I'd like to see some of the rural locations too
I actually really like both, and am equally at home in either now, but it did take some time to adjust to urban life. I think childhood has a real bearing on that.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I actually really like both, and am equally at home in either now, but it did take some time to adjust to urban life. I think childhood has a real bearing on that.
Isn't the Canadian countryside a bit dangerous though?

I mean, there are bears out there aren't there? And wolverines and things like that

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Isn't the Canadian countryside a bit dangerous though?

I mean, there are bears out there aren't there? And wolverines and things like that
lol ... Bears remain in the forests, where few people go. I did carry bear spray on our last few isolated waterfall hikes though. The key is to make noise as you walk. Very few people have ever seen a wolverine. Your chances of a car accident or being mugged in a city are far higher. But yes, urban raised people do feel a bit intimidated out there. Where I am there are no poisonous snakes or insects. It's incredibly safe.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think of Canada as a large wildlife refuge with some high tech bubble cities dotted around with lots of ice and snow for much of the year. In my mind its a snow globe that makes a tune when you shake it. I think Canada would make a great screensaver.

Its politically very influential both here and abroad. Its also economically influential.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Once you get much above 50N Latitude... it gets pretty darn cold, with lots of snow. Most, if not all of its major cities are south of that.
At 53N, we're at +6C today, but it's been an unusually warm dry winter so far.