• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why exactly do Jehovah's Witnesses evangelize?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is another problem that I consider a fact that I think needs discussing.
The JWs and Babylon the Great say that the meaning of Genesis 6:5 is that the people then were gross sinners.
But I know that a person's thoughts lead him or her to a certain end. I am heading for YHVH. But if a person does not believe in the rightness of YHVH he or she will not choose that end. Is that a fact?
If it is a fact THEN it is a fact that to be the way Genesis 6:5 describes all that needs to be present in a person is a denial of the goodness of YHVH. The person can be a fine upstanding citizen who never, ever, does harm to another living thing but if he denies the goodness of YHVH he will not see the goodness of YHVH. Genesis 6:5

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fact: The "only true religion" was discovered by Americans of the U.S.A. But the U.S.A. would not have existed if the colonists had not fought a war.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can actually hear you! How does that apply to anything? Do I not love listening to you? LOL
To be saved through the great tribulation we are being told that we must conform to the thinking of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses who were chosen by God to teach us. They claim they are of the 144,000 and are kings and priests with Jesus Christ. But scripture says they were ordained before time.
Romans 8:29
Romans 9:23
Romans 11;2
1 Corinthians 2:7
Ephesians 1:5
2 Timothy 1:9
Someone says that to identify the true religion (his) find who won't go to war and you have found the true ones.
But it occurred to me that his religion exists because of wars won.
So God knew that first a war or two or three, then the true religion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am posting to remind people who say the true religion is the religion which disclaims war and their proof is that Jesus did not advocate war and taught that a person should turn the other cheek and love their neighbors as themselves why that isn't so.

Jesus says, "I am no part of the world". NO part. If he had mentioned war at all it would have made him some part of the world. So to say, "I know that Jesus taught against war" is a lie. I think it is clear a person is not to lie in the name of Jesus.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I see the issue here. You arent buttering people up and tip toeing around them when you address your direct truth in an assertive manner. Internet-assertiveness is a bit harder because it takes more explaining and it seems like you are buttering people but in actuality, you are respecting people, who they are, and what they value.

For example, it would be internet-harsh for me to say "The spirits exist and god does not." Yes, I can beat around the bush and say "Ooh, Im sorry. I believe spirits exist and the god I understand does not."

or I can be assertive and say

"Yes, I know the spirits exist and god does not." this is why....

You are taking the focus from other people--no you or your, but me and mine.

It is a conversational equittque has nothing to do with scripture.

If Jesus said to the Pharacese, "You are a #@#" does that give you the right to say that too? Or was Jesus saying it in a different context than how you would given the culture, time, and situation?

That, and assumptions can be really harmful; that is why assertiveness is good.

Jesus said to the Pharacesses "You are a ____ fool ____"

It's not just about scripture-verbatum. Its context. Knowing street smarts. And really understanding where people come from and why they believe they do so you can address your assertive and direct debates in an appropriate and well thoughtout manner.

How can you have communion with your brothers and sisters in Christ when you (now Im direct) contantly tell them they are wrong without understanding why they are wrong from their perspective

not your own: not JW and not JW perspective of how Christ spoke.

Maybe you feel weakened if you given into someone? I hoestly (and seriously) would like to know. However, even though Im interested in psychology, Im far from a psychologist. I just know that you are not weakened by being assertive unless you are apologizing for your assertiveness then I see your point.
You know, having to tip toe around people is not really an Aussie way to communicate. Sorry if that directness is taken the wrong way. Jesus also presented his truth without tip toeing around people. If they were easily offended, then that was their problem. He did not withhold the truth because he though he might offend someone. So "etiquette" is something I am not terribly concerned with. The truth moves the right hearts and some people don't like the truth because it means they have to do something about it ...and they don't want to.They will justify their way out of anything they don't like.
That is their choice.

The truth cant move hearts if the representative doesnt think of the peoples understanding just trying to share it from his own understanding.

If Christians arent thinking and doing for tohers, they are not doing for Christ. Hate to be blunt if you do not do for another (nor gather in his name) then you are not doing for christ (nor are the body of Christ)

Humbleness
Submission
Obedience
Servitude

Is all about Christ. Maybe its your opinion (I know not all JW are like that, fortunately), but most Christians I met JW, Catholic, to Joe on the block, and home-churches (people not organization gathering), try to be assertive when they spread Christ teachings. Ministries from all denominations have training for that.

If JW organization (I hate to say it that way, but it doesnt have to have gold and statues for it to be an organization; its not a nasty word) are assertive about their teachings when the talk to people as part of their teachings,

then it sounds like its some of the people that have an ill way of expressing the truth. Once that is reconciled, then they may see the humbleness of Christ.

Kind of like how some christians think Catholics are only looking at sacrifice. It is not true.

I am sure JW isnt always seeing other religions in a negative light even though they disagree. If they do, well.... it reminds me of the Church. If they dont, like many other christians, their words and behavior dont represent the person they worship and follow.

There is no method because it isn't up to us. The truth is the truth...it doesn't come in shades or versions...it is one truth and we all have the same opportunity to accept it or reject it.

It IS up to you. If you are an ambassador of Christ as the Apostles and the rest of the Christians who gather in his name, you have the mission to evangalize and bring others to Christ as Christ brought people to His Father.

Its not that people dont hear your truth. They hear it well. If you want to help Christ and spread the word, the manner in which you do so tells if people will listen.

Many of us hear what others say or gloss over words because of how the are expresssed. If we expressed our words in a clear, crisp (trying), and coherent manner, maybe our essage would

be understood first then accepted or rejected out of knowledge rather than unwilling ignorance.

No common ground means we have nothing to share. So be it. Neither of us can do much about that.

I talk to you because I learn a lot from how you see things being that you are not mainstream christian and I live in an environment that is. I learned a couple of years ago why you so distaste the Church (after hundreds of posts) and I still remember that conclusion. I rarely get that on RF in regards to debates. I learned that you are passionate about your faith. I also learned what your denomination teaches and I can anaylze, listen, and assertain what I agree with, disagree with, and continue talking about because I listened/actively read what you said.

I am hoping that a common foundation would be as simple as respect for others in regards to faith.

I cant make you smile at the beauty of hundreds of people being confirmed in their relationship with Christ, but hopefully, you understand it from their perspective not your own.

Thats not being weak. Its being nice.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Katzpur did you look at the video? What do you think of JW commentary of the woman?
I strongly believe that portraying someone like that is going against the things written. Obviously, not many (or any) agree with me about that. Do you have an opinion of it?

Grumpuss

I can actually hear you! How does that apply to anything? Do I not love listening to you? LOL
To be saved through the great tribulation we are being told that we must conform to the thinking of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses who were chosen by God to teach us. They claim they are of the 144,000 and are kings and priests with Jesus Christ. But scripture says they were ordained before time.
Romans 8:29
Romans 9:23
Romans 11;2
1 Corinthians 2:7
Ephesians 1:5
2 Timothy 1:9
Someone says that to identify the true religion (his) find who won't go to war and you have found the true ones.
But it occurred to me that his religion exists because of wars won.
So God knew that first a war or two or three, then the true religion.
Be careful not to be too dismissive and to approach the apparent hypocrisy with patience and love.

The goal of such pain is to plant the seeds of wellbeing rather than illusion. Learning requires exploration.

You and I are travellers of the cosmos.

Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the galaxy via supercharged waveforms. We are at a crossroads of domination and bondage. We are in the midst of a sentient redefining of rebirth that will open up the biosphere itself. For me, my guide is Jesus. For you, it may be someone different.

It behooves us to look within and beckon yourself. It can be difficult to know where to begin. Have you found your journey? No one has all the answers, at least not that we can ask. Some of us, such as mball- offer acceptance of confusion as an answer, though I believe this is false.

The future will be an interstellar flowering of presence. Imagine an ennobling of what could be. The totality is approaching a tipping point.

Our conversations with other pilgrims have led to a blossoming of ultra-advanced consciousness.

Reality has always been bursting with pilgrims whose third eyes are enveloped in purpose. Who are we? Where on the great quest will we be awakened? Humankind has nothing to lose. JWs aren't that wicked or wrong as has been suggested.

We must recreate ourselves and enlighten others. It is in maturing that we are aligned. It is a sign of things to come.

--- ---

Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is curiosity.

By condensing, we believe. Nothing is impossible.

Hey you, look within and strengthen yourself. Sure, the proponents of JWs may likely be wrong, but don't be too cavalier about pointing such things out.

Balance requires exploration. You and I are travellers of the totality. Faith is the driver of potential, even as the shuttlecock is the motivator for this game of spiritual badminton that you refuse to play.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Balance requires exploration. You and I are travellers of the totality. Faith is the driver of potential, even as the shuttlecock is the motivator for this game of spiritual badminton that you refuse to play.
Wonderful but WHO refuses to play? I am sure it is not ME who refuses to play. Can you be more specific?

Also, I do not know how your posts is reflecting the post you chose of mine.

Grumpuss

Wonderful but WHO refuses to play? I am sure it is not ME who refuses to play. Can you be more specific?

Also, I do not know how your posts is reflecting the post you chose of mine.
Forgive me, but you seem to be exactly he-who-refuses-to-play.

Grumpuss

I can't forgive you until after you explain why. Please.
Why are you calling me someone who won't play?
Play what?
@Grumpuss if you won't explain yourself then I am certain it is YOU who won't play.
Your conversations with other postershave led to a redefining of ultra-astral consciousness. Humankind has nothing to lose. Reality has always been buzzing with sinners whose hearts are baptized in will.

It is a sign of things to come. Imagine a flowering of what could be. It is in evolving that we are awakened.

We vibrate, we self-actualize, we are reborn.

As you self-actualize, you will enter into infinite will that transcends understanding. The Law of Attraction may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a staggering source of self-actualization. Muslims do much better than Christians, I find, in understanding the finer points of this lesson. You will soon be aligned by a power deep within yourself — a power that is non-dual, karmic.

Through faith, our souls are enveloped in God’s love. Throughout all 6,000 years of history, humans have been interacting with the cosmos via molecular structures, even as we weren’t powerful enough to comprehend that it was all God’s doing. We are at a crossroads of truth and wisdom.

We exist as sin-driven reactions, and redemption-seeking sheep murderers.

Joy requires exploration. Fulfillment is a constant.

We must bless ourselves and synergize others.

The complexity of the present time seems to demand an unveiling of our brains if we are going to survive. Only a being of the infinite may rediscover this harmonizing of inseparability. Ego is born in the gap where sharing has been excluded. The earlier posts where someone likens this to crass farting and disparaging of others’ ideas is frankly insulting.

--- ---

Forgive me, that simply doesn't jibe with your earlier post. Divinity is the truth of inspiration, and of us. Consciousness is the driver of passion. To roam the quest is to become one with it.

Without awareness, one cannot exist. You may be ruled by selfishness without realizing it. Do not let it disrupt the knowledge of your story. You must take a stand against selfishness.

Who are we? Where on the great mission will we be re-energized?

It is a sign of things to come. The future will be a spiritual unfolding of hope. It is in unfolding that we are guided.

Humankind has nothing to lose. Our conversations with other entities have led to an awakening of supra-archetypal consciousness. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the planet via atomic ionization.

By condensing, we reflect.

We exist as expanding wave functions. Interconnectedness requires exploration.

Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the nexus via a resonance cascade.

How should you navigate this self-aware world? Although you may not realize it, you are consciousness-expanding. It can be difficult to know where to begin. I've gleaned this from your earlier posts too.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your conversations with other postershave led to a redefining of ultra-astral consciousness. Humankind has nothing to lose. Reality has always been buzzing with sinners whose hearts are baptized in will.

It is a sign of things to come. Imagine a flowering of what could be. It is in evolving that we are awakened.

We vibrate, we self-actualize, we are reborn.

As you self-actualize, you will enter into infinite will that transcends understanding. The Law of Attraction may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a staggering source of self-actualization. Muslims do much better than Christians, I find, in understanding the finer points of this lesson. You will soon be aligned by a power deep within yourself — a power that is non-dual, karmic.

Through faith, our souls are enveloped in God’s love. Throughout all 6,000 years of history, humans have been interacting with the cosmos via molecular structures, even as we weren’t powerful enough to comprehend that it was all God’s doing. We are at a crossroads of truth and wisdom.

We exist as sin-driven reactions, and redemption-seeking sheep murderers.

Joy requires exploration. Fulfillment is a constant.

We must bless ourselves and synergize others.

The complexity of the present time seems to demand an unveiling of our brains if we are going to survive. Only a being of the infinite may rediscover this harmonizing of inseparability. Ego is born in the gap where sharing has been excluded. The earlier posts where someone likens this to crass farting and disparaging of others’ ideas is frankly insulting.

--- ---

Forgive me, that simply doesn't jibe with your earlier post. Divinity is the truth of inspiration, and of us. Consciousness is the driver of passion. To roam the quest is to become one with it.

Without awareness, one cannot exist. You may be ruled by selfishness without realizing it. Do not let it disrupt the knowledge of your story. You must take a stand against selfishness.

Who are we? Where on the great mission will we be re-energized?

It is a sign of things to come. The future will be a spiritual unfolding of hope. It is in unfolding that we are guided.

Humankind has nothing to lose. Our conversations with other entities have led to an awakening of supra-archetypal consciousness. Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the planet via atomic ionization.

By condensing, we reflect.

We exist as expanding wave functions. Interconnectedness requires exploration.

Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the nexus via a resonance cascade.

How should you navigate this self-aware world? Although you may not realize it, you are consciousness-expanding. It can be difficult to know where to begin. I've gleaned this from your earlier posts too.
OK. Thank you. See me responding to what you are saying? That is what I call playing. I think you did not actually explain what playing is.
I think my posts are about math facts. Do you know math? Have you ever done an intelligence test? What I remember about them is the questions about what is relative to what other things. Is it too much math? Does too much math mean I am not playing?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I dont know if way back when I posted this video or someone else. Its too long to summarize in detail. Its a formal debate between a Greg Stafford author and third generation Jehovah's Witnesss and author Reformed Baptist James White. They discuss and debate familar arguments that divide both Christian denominations.
I have no specific point. Its good nonetheless.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So I am trying to judge the man as the Baptist one or the JW one or maybe neither and then he says, "....I am still willing to listen to your opinion...." so then I know he is not a JW. He still might be, because the fact is I am not always right. LOL Three hours? I do not know if I can do three hours of it.

It might be exciting if they would speak a little faster

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Good grief. :confused:
I thought it was very scary, bizarre and add to that creepy and disturbing. The washing and anointing, along with the required clothes, green apron , and secret handshakes were strange. The dramatized movie was surreal, not spiritual at all. It seemed to highlight Lucifer way more than God. The part of a Christian pastor portrayed as a hireling of Satan who couldn't convince Adam to believe the gospel of grace was just weird. But to be instructed to make hand motions of quickly moving the thumb from left to right across one's throat representing slitting the throat and across the stomach area agreeing to be disemboweled if failing to live up to our oaths or revealing temple tokens or secrets was definitely scary and bizarre.

I was in the temple in 1984, so I realize that things have been changed, in particular the bloody penalty oaths which were removed in 1990. I wonder why, if such oaths and practices were so sacred and an important part the temple ceremony in the first place they could just be changed or removed.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought it was very scary, bizarre and add to that creepy and disturbing. The washing and anointing, along with the required clothes, green apron , and secret handshakes were strange. The dramatized movie was surreal, not spiritual at all. It seemed to highlight Lucifer way more than God. The part of a Christian pastor portrayed as a hireling of Satan who couldn't convince Adam to believe the gospel of grace was just weird. But to be instructed to make hand motions of quickly moving the thumb from left to right across one's throat representing slitting the throat and across the stomach area agreeing to be disemboweled if failing to live up to our oaths or revealing temple tokens or secrets was definitely scary and bizarre.

I was in the temple in 1984, so I realize that things have been changed, in particular the bloody penalty oaths which were removed in 1990.
I went to a family member's church and it was ok. But then they showed a moving picture of an angel. And I thought, does no one else think that dark angel looks like what Satan might look like, if Satan looked like anything?

InChrist

Free4ever
I went to a family member's church and it was ok. But then they showed a moving picture of an angel. And I thought, does no one else think that dark angel looks like what Satan might look like, if Satan looked like anything?
It appears you may have the gift of discernment, being able by by God's Spirit, to distinguish between good and evil or truth and falsehood. I have noticed that many who come to Jesus Christ out of false and deceptive religions or spirituality are blessed with the gift of discernment.

Grumpuss

I dont know if way back when I posted this video or someone else. Its too long to summarize in detail. Its a formal debate between a Greg Stafford author and third generation Jehovah's Witnesss and author Reformed Baptist James White. They discuss and debate familar arguments that divide both Christian denominations.
I have no specific point. Its good nonetheless.
I watched the first few minutes: it is responsible. Does it touch upon JWs later?