• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't people go to Taipei instead of Hong Kong?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You're thinking the wrong way round. There's no point going on a beach holiday unless you're with your partner or a group of friends. Doesn't mean ALL couples like beach holidays- I just meant one wouldn't really enjoy a beach holiday with blood relatives.

Or with your family, your children, work colleagues, the local old age pensioners club, etc, etc.

ronki23

Hubby and I are considering an international trip for our 20 year anniversary. We are weirdos who really like to go to museums, see architectural tours, and get invested in the local food and dining. Of your travels in Asia or Asia Pacific, which do you think would be good places to look at?

Do Taipei, Hong Kong and Macau.

Taiwan, Macau & Hong Kong Tour

If I was you i'd do a multi-country tour as countries in that part of the world are small and you can fit a lot into 2 weeks. You could do:

* Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
* Singapore and Malaysia
* Taipei, Hong Kong and Macau
* Japan and South Korea (my dream)

China is big so you should do 2 weeks in China alone if you go there. Same applies for Thailand; loads to see so 2 weeks can be spent easy

I've only done China in that part of the world but I hope this is the year I do Japan and South Korea

Audie

Veteran Member
Are you sure?

enhanced-buzz-19182-1383603184-15.jpg
\

HHhuuummpphh.

I am from Hong Kong, and I am going to say the air
is cleaner in HK.

It is true that Taipei has improved a lot.

ronki23

\

HHhuuummpphh.

I am from Hong Kong, and I am going to say the air
is cleaner in HK.

It is true that Taipei has improved a lot.

Any advice on Japan and South Korea? I hope to go this year. I'm really interested in seeing Kyoto and Nara.

ronki23

So your children and family are not family?

I wouldn't really go with children on a beach holiday; i'd take them to amusement park.

Actually I was told Europe is quite good for kids. You've obviously got Disneyland in Paris but Germany has some cool theme parks like Wunderland and Europa Park and I was told Berlin is a cool place to visit. They also have a Lindt chocolate factory in Cologne.

There's also Port Aventura in Fuertaventura and Parc D'attracions in Spain.

If you want cold weather take the family to Scandinavia and Lapland.

I personally am single so I am not interested except i'd like to see Germany (already done 5 trips to France).

Audie

Veteran Member
Any advice on Japan and South Korea? I hope to go this year. I'm really interested in seeing Kyoto and Nara.

My favourite place in Japan is Matsushima

I have not spent much time in Japan, and only
have been in Seoul, so Korea, I dont know at all.
But people always say they like it, friendly and
interesting.

ronki23

My favourite place in Japan is Matsushima

I have not spent much time in Japan, and only
have been in Seoul, so Korea, I dont know at all.
But people always say they like it, friendly and
interesting.

Any advice on Seoul? I imagine it to be expensive?

Do you prefer Seoul or Tokyo? Does Seoul have things that are different to Tokyo?

I prefer Korean food to Japanese but I prefer Chinese food to Korean

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I wouldn't really go with children on a beach holiday; i'd take them to amusement park.

Actually I was told Europe is quite good for kids. You've obviously got Disneyland in Paris but Germany has some cool theme parks like Wunderland and Europa Park and I was told Berlin is a cool place to visit. They also have a Lindt chocolate factory in Cologne.

There's also Port Aventura in Fuertaventura and Parc D'attracions in Spain.

If you want cold weather take the family to Scandinavia and Lapland.

I personally am single so I am not interested except i'd like to see Germany (already done 5 trips to France).

Whether you would go on a beach holiday is not really relevant. Millions of families do every year.

Spain is advertised as and is famous for its family beach resorts.

How big do you think europe is? Disneyland is not the center for all child centric holidays.

ronki23

Whether you would go on a beach holiday is not really relevant. Millions of families do every year.

Spain is advertised as and is famous for its family beach resorts.

How big do you think europe is? Disneyland is not the center for all child centric holidays.

That's why you can also go sledding with the Dogs in Lapland, see Northern lights in Norway, trek the forests of Sweden, go shopping in Copenhagen,etc.

I'm really looking forward to see Germany; I was told Berlin is really cool.