• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does This Happen?

ryynänen47

Little Old Heathen Lady
Hello People :)

I'm curious about something that happened with me a long while ago when I was searching for my spirituality. I attended a bembe'. It was amazing! There was drummers there and people were dancing and it seemed like the same kind of religious services that me aunt and mum attended at their church, Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal.

I had read information about what to expect, but I didn't except to be overcome by two of the different 'calls?' to the deities. They were Yemaya and Eshu.

My question is: What does that mean? While I acknowledge the existence of many gods outside of my pantheon, I dont worship/honour them. Why would I be overcome by them? I hope I'm using the right term.

On 12 June in Philadelphia, there is an Oshun festival and the pride event. I wish to attend both. I heard that the people will be dressed in yellow to honour Oshun and pour honey and offering in the river. Anyone have more intel on this?

Life supercedes all,

Ryynänen47 :cool: