• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does The Media Bombard Us With Stuff?

MissAlice

Probably why I don't watch the media unless the news is of relevant interest. I honestly have never watched the shows that are so called "reality shows" anymore. I have noticed without having to search, that we're constantly bombarded by them but they're fairly easy to avoid unless you have cable hence the reason I stick to netflix and news sites that pertain to anything other than people getting famous for being famous.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
But what is your response ?.
The same as before: The media goes overboard with some stories and some people. They are salespeople and they tell the stories that sell. One news agent, or media source picks it up first and the rest of the news agencies and media sources copy cat it and a story will end up everywhere for weeks or even months on end. This Bruce Jenner thing (he has NOT had the operation, btw) is just the latest over exposure. I am tired of Bruce/Caitlyn and his whole entire family (the Kardashians).

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Probably why I don't watch the media unless the news is of relevant interest. I honestly have never watched the shows that are so called "reality shows" anymore. I have noticed without having to search, that we're constantly bombarded by them but they're fairly easy to avoid unless you have cable hence the reason I stick to netflix and news sites that pertain to anything other than people getting famous for being famous.
I don't like reality shows, myself. The only channel I watch anymore is a classic TV station called MeTV with shows from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and early 80s and the local news.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The same as before: The media goes overboard with some stories and some people. They are salespeople and they tell the stories that sell. One news agent, or media source picks it up first and the rest of the news agencies and media sources copy cat it and a story will end up everywhere for weeks or even months on end. This Bruce Jenner thing (he has NOT had the operation, btw) is just the latest over exposure. I am tired of Bruce/Caitlyn and his whole entire family (the Kardashians).
Yes they certainly do, and there is so much trial be media that I really hate, even if the person if guilty or not, the media should keep their nose out of it, and even have some sort fine from doing so.