• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hide himself?

interminable

منتظر
If something is impossible, then it is impossible and shouldn't be believed. You are choosing to believe something for which you have no objective evidence, then you claim that you believe it for good reasons.

You do not.
I can assume u run to answer my question
Please if u don't accept logic so what are u doing here?

If u look for evidences u can think about dark matter and gravity

We do know they exist but we can not see them. But being unable to see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Infinite is just infinite. To prove that infinite exists is not to prove that the infinity equals God. It's begging the questions, it's a false equivocation to assume that Infinite = God. The only reason to equate God with Infinite is because of personal preference or belief. It's not logic since they're not defined to be the same. So prove infinite as much as you want, but that doesn't make it God.

interminable

منتظر
Infinite is just infinite. To prove that infinite exists is not to prove that the infinity equals God. It's begging the questions, it's a false equivocation to assume that Infinite = God. The only reason to equate God with Infinite is because of personal preference or belief. It's not logic since they're not defined to be the same. So prove infinite as much as you want, but that doesn't make it God.
When we just assume that one infinite existent is possible we have already proved that this existent that is unlimited is the creator of everything that is limited. Right?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
When we just assume that one infinite existent is possible we have already proved that this existent that is unlimited is the creator of everything that is limited. Right?
God is infinite. "Is" there is not an equivalence, but rather assigning an attribute. The infinite part of God is something he/she/it is, as in "I am a human" which doesn't mean that all humans are me. It's more like an implication than equivalence. So to prove infinite, you only prove a property or attribute of what God could be or have to be, but you're not proving God him/her/itself. It's like proving that the color green exists, and therefore conclude that plants exist because they're green.

If we prove that infinite exist, then we only prove that the infinite exist, nothing more, nothing less.

interminable

منتظر
God is infinite. "Is" there is not an equivalence, but rather assigning an attribute. The infinite part of God is something he/she/it is, as in "I am a human" which doesn't mean that all humans are me. It's more like an implication than equivalence. So to prove infinite, you only prove a property or attribute of what God could be or have to be, but you're not proving God him/her/itself. It's like proving that the color green exists, and therefore conclude that plants exist because they're green.

If we prove that infinite exist, then we only prove that the infinite exist, nothing more, nothing less.
This is very easy. I don't know what are u trying to say???
It's clear when we proved that there is an infinite existent it means everything else is limited which means is created by this infinite existent.

So till now could I prove that this infinite existent created everything or not?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I can assume u run to answer my question
Please if u don't accept logic so what are u doing here?

If u look for evidences u can think about dark matter and gravity

We do know they exist but we can not see them. But being unable to see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I absolutely accept logic, I just don't see what you're doing with it as being logical. It is not logical to just make something up out of whole cloth because you're not getting the answers you like otherwise. Logic is not "it makes sense to me". That's not how logic works. And while you are right that lack of evidence is not evidence that something doesn't exist, it also isn't evidence that it does. I have no evidence that unicorns don't exist either. Or leprechauns. Or ghosts. That doesn't mean that it is reasonable to believe any of them are actually real. And that goes for your god too.

interminable

منتظر
I absolutely accept logic, I just don't see what you're doing with it as being logical. It is not logical to just make something up out of whole cloth because you're not getting the answers you like otherwise. Logic is not "it makes sense to me". That's not how logic works. And while you are right that lack of evidence is not evidence that something doesn't exist, it also isn't evidence that it does. I have no evidence that unicorns don't exist either. Or leprechauns. Or ghosts. That doesn't mean that it is reasonable to believe any of them are actually real. And that goes for your god too.
Actually I didn't talk about my god yet
I don't know why u insist that I have nothing to prove my god.!!!

I just wanna prove an infinite existent

Do u accept that causality and infinite regress can prove the existence of an infinite existent or not?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
This is very easy. I don't know what are u trying to say???
It's clear when we proved that there is an infinite existent it means everything else is limited which means is created by this infinite existent.

So till now could I prove that this infinite existent created everything or not?
Just because the infinite exists doesn't make it God. It only makes it the infinite. It's very simple.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Actually I didn't talk about my god yet
I don't know why u insist that I have nothing to prove my god.!!!

I just wanna prove an infinite existent

Do u accept that causality and infinite regress can prove the existence of an infinite existent or not?

If you think you have something to prove your specific god, present it. Let us know when you manage to do so. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up.

interminable

منتظر
Something, yes.
So till now we have 2 kind of existents

1 an unlimited and infinite existent

2. Everything that we see actually all the universe

First one is everywhere and has no beginning
Second one is limited and has a beginning

Conclusion

First existent is necessary existent

Second existents are possible existent which existence isn't their essence. Their existence is borrowed.OK?

So this necessary existent created everything right?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
So till now we have 2 kind of existents

1 an unlimited and infinite existent

2. Everything that we see actually all the universe

First one is everywhere and has no beginning
Second one is limited and has a beginning

Conclusion

First existent is necessary existent

Second existents are possible existent which existence isn't their essence. Their existence is borrowed.OK?

So this necessary existent created everything right?
Something. Caused or was the source, not the same as created. Jumping the gun from material cause to an agent. You're equivocation something with someone.

Bringing to existence might not be the same as created.

Something is not necessarily same as a someone.

interminable

منتظر
Something. Caused or was the source, not the same as created. Jumping the gun from material cause to an agent. You're equivocation something with someone.

Bringing to existence might not be the same as created.

Something is not necessarily same as a someone.
We have no challenges literally

U wanna say this infinite existent created or say is the source
For me doesn't matter.

Besides I haven't talked about the essence of this existent yet. So we can't say this existent is he or she or it.

So do u accept that this infinite existent is a source of everything???