• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God hide himself?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, God must have a reason for hiding himself and hiding the truth. A lot will say, the truth isn't hidden, just read the Bible and the Koran. I've read them both, and the truth is hidden. Both books contain verses that say the opposite of what other verses say, leading people to opposite conclusions. Much of the Bible is hyperbole, poetry, parable, allegory, and symbolic, leading to God only knows how many conflicting interpretations. It simply isn't clear. The Koran severely contradicts itself. I'd be happy to provide a list of verses from the Koran that justify ISIS atrocities.

Even if the Bible and Koran contained clear instruction that didn't contradict itself, that still isn't enough. Everyone is different. Many of us need more than a book. We need clear instruction on what to do personally with our lives.

If God would just leave us clear messages every now and then, imagine how much good it would do. Imagine if every heretic heard the voice of God correcting them and telling them their errors. There wouldn't be so much division and confusion.

How many atheists would still be atheist if God was speaking clear messages to them and telling them what to do with their lives? Even if God just left a message in the sky once every 10 years, do you think even 1% of the world's population would still be atheist? Clearly God wants there to be Atheists.

I pray every day that God would tell me what to do with my time and my life because I simply don't know. I'd like to be doing with my time, what he/she wants me to do with my time. No matter how much I pray for those instructions, I don't get them. How is that benefiting me for God to refuse to give those instructions? If it does no good, and in fact does harm to the world, why does God do it?

What good does God hiding himself/herself do our world? If it doesn't do any good, then why does he/she do it?

interminable

منتظر
This is just because to test people and more importantly Faith means to believe in something that isn't completely clear . If something is as clear as day there is no need to believe in . U have already gained certainty about it

Besides for thousands of time I repeated that God is immaterial and can't be seen by material things

Spiderman

Veteran Member
This is just because to test people and more importantly Faith means to believe in something that isn't completely clear . If something is as clear as day there is no need to believe in . U have already gained certainty about it

Besides for thousands of time I repeated that God is immaterial and can't be seen by material things
God has been seen in various ways and heard by prophets.

What good does God hiding himself do our world?

interminable

منتظر
God has been seen in various ways and heard by prophets.

What good does God hiding himself do our world?
They didn't hear or see him by their eyes and ears rather by heart

Besides can u connect a lamp to a generator that produces electricity for a city? It will explode

In the same way people don't have capacity to be friend of God from the beginning they need to practice and believe in him so that gradually become a gnostic and see him through heart

interminable

منتظر
Did I say that every invisible thing is non-existent. No, I did not say that.

But we should at the very least be willing to entertain the idea that the invisible man is not standing in the room looking at you.
Aha
Let me correct u
Every thing that is invisible maybe exist except for one thing =God

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
It's like feeding your kid by leaving the food hidden in the house. If they find the food, they'll survive and all is good, but if they don't, they starve and that's their own fault for not finding the food.

But can God communicate? I don't think God's immaterial nature is an excuse for God's inability to talk to every person. If God can talk to a prophet, he can talk to other people.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
They didn't hear or see him by their eyes and ears rather by heart

Besides can u connect a lamp to a generator that produces electricity for a city? It will explode

In the same way people don't have capacity to be friend of God from the beginning they need to practice and believe in him so that gradually become a gnostic and see him through heart
God can create a universe of 20 sixtillion stars, but he can't figure out how to communicate with his own creation on a dialed down energy level to avoid explosion. He's all powerful, yet he's not all powerful.

interminable

منتظر
It's like feeding your kid by leaving the food hidden in the house. If they find the food, they'll survive and all is good, but if they don't, they starve and that's their own fault for not finding the food.
Every creature is a sign of his existence for those who believe in causality using their minds and reasons

Besides he has sent prophets and books to guide us
Your analogy is apple and orange

But can God communicate? I don't think God's immaterial nature is an excuse for God's inability to talk to every person. If God can talk to a prophet, he can talk to other people.

Look
He created everything
how can a creator of ear unable to hear?
How can creator of seeing unable to see??

sovietchild

God can create a universe of 20 sixtillion stars, but he can't figure out how to communicate with his own creation on a dialed down energy level to avoid explosion. He's all powerful, yet he's not all powerful.

If you can't communicate with Him it does not mean others can't do it either.

If you think of Him, He will think of you.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Every creature is a sign of his existence for those who believe in causality using his or her mind and reason
To me, that's evidence of pantheism, that all things are God. Not that there's a God separate from this existence, but rather the existence and all things are all God.

Besides he has sent prophets and books to guide us
Your analogy is apple and orange
If he sent prophets, he can talk to each one of us. God would know that humans are gullible and it would be more efficient to talk to each and every person individually. Unless he can't.

Look
He created everything
how can a creator of ear unable to hear?
How can creator of seeing unable to see??
How can a creator of sound not talk?
How can a creator of individuals not meet with each person individually?

interminable

منتظر
He can
Read the quran
He has spoken to some special people
Besides

This world is supposed to be a world that man can choose

If he should speak to everyone so nobody would remain atheists. Actually it was clear that God exists because he every day should have spoken to people and
FAITH would be meaningless