• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you believe in the biblical God?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Questions to jews, christians, omnists

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The Genesis version of God was a great starting point for me. Especially the first few chapters, but all of Genesis I have been able to adapt to.

The God of Job appears to be cruel, and yet when placed within the parameters of my beliefs concerning Satan and reincarnation, He fits perfectly, but only as an exaggeration useful for emphasis.

The God that "inspired" Solomon, The Preacher, is also a version I relate to. The book of Ecclesiastes is my favorite since it's poetical yet pretty straight forward. This description is most honest to my vision of God, I think.

Of the Gospels I find myself turning to Matthew the most, but occasionally a bit of John. This version of God has many attributes I hold near. And though I don't see Jesus as God, I do see him as one with a very special understanding and connection. He is my Savior in the Christian sense, as his teachings are the foundations of my beliefs.

I'm not a fan of Paul's in the least, but I've read and studied his letters and those of his followers and have found bits and pieces that I feel go along with the God in my heart.

The Letter of James is very important to me. He writes to the disporia of Judea, and though I am not an ethnic Jew, and not a convert to Judaism, I feel a great connection to much of what I have discovered in study and contemplation of their faith.

I've read and studied Revelation but it does little to add to or support my faith, so I rely on it very seldom.

So, YES, I do believe in the God of the Bible, but in my own interpretation and understanding.

As Jews, Quakers, and Hindus believe, God is IN each of us, and so I bow, or honor, God within all by saying:

Namaste

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
The Genesis version of God was a great starting point for me. Especially the first few chapters, but all of Genesis I have been able to adapt to.

The God of Job appears to be cruel, and yet when placed within the parameters of my beliefs concerning Satan and reincarnation, He fits perfectly, but only as an exaggeration useful for emphasis.

The God that "inspired" Solomon, The Preacher, is also a version I relate to. The book of Ecclesiastes is my favorite since it's poetical yet pretty straight forward. This description is most honest to my vision of God, I think.

Of the Gospels I find myself turning to Matthew the most, but occasionally a bit of John. This version of God has many attributes I hold near. And though I don't see Jesus as God, I do see him as one with a very special understanding and connection. He is my Savior in the Christian sense, as his teachings are the foundations of my beliefs.

I'm not a fan of Paul's in the least, but I've read and studied his letters and those of his followers and have found bits and pieces that I feel go along with the God in my heart.

The Letter of James is very important to me. He writes to the disporia of Judea, and though I am not an ethnic Jew, and not a convert to Judaism, I feel a great connection to much of what I have discovered in study and contemplation of their faith.

I've read and studied Revelation but it does little to add to or support my faith, so I rely on it very seldom.

So, YES, I do believe in the God of the Bible, but in my own interpretation and understanding.

As Jews, Quakers, and Hindus believe, God is IN each of us, and so I bow, or honor, God within all by saying:

Namaste
i am impressed of your knowledge of the Bible. I also like your interpretation. I am inspired by you

I also believe in God of the Bible. but at the same time i believe that God has no religion and is beyond religion

soon i shall read the whole Bible

Yes ! you are correct. God is within us. Because God is everywhere. Namaste

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I love and believe in God because He loves and believes in me. He pursues me. It's difficult to reject someone who loves you so completely.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Of NT or OT, please, right?
Is it agreed upon that NT God is different from the OT G-d, right, please?
The Atheism people, all denominations; are they color-non-seeing, not to differentiate between the two concepts, right, please??
No insult intended to anyone believer or non-believer, please.

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Our @YoursTrue , @Jayhawker Soule, @ChristineM and @Eli G with love, please.
My belief of G-d is somewhat similar to the G-d of Tanakh, Yeshua never claimed to be God per se, so no to the NT-God a Pauline-Christendom's wrong concept, please, right?

The Atheism people, all denominations; are they color-non-seeing, not to differentiate between the two concepts, right, please??

Regards

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Our @YoursTrue , @Jayhawker Soule, @ChristineM and @Eli G with love, please.
My belief of G-d is somewhat similar to the G-d of Tanakh, Yeshua never claimed to be God per se, so no to the NT-God a Pauline-Christendom's wrong concept, please, right?

Regards
The God in the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures (or as some would call the "Old Testament") is the God that Jesus worshipped.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Regards
I'd love for you to explain in English simple enough for me to understand what you mean by that. please -- English that makes sense to an English-speaking person. Translated from English to English, please, yes, ok?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The God in the Hebrew-Aramaic scriptures (or as some would call the "Old Testament") is the God that Jesus worshipped.
Out of curiosity, do you fine the word "Tanakh" difficult to remember and or pronounce, or do you simply deem the term onerous or illegitimate because it is the Jewish designation for their own scripture?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

YoursTrue said:
Out of curiosity, do you fine the word "Tanakh" difficult to remember and or pronounce, or do you simply deem the term onerous or illegitimate because it is the Jewish designation for their own scripture?
I agree that the Pauline-Christians wrongly use the word "Old Testament" instead of "Tanakh" and or Torah , perhaps inwardly they realize that they are not covered in the Abrahamic Covenant with G-d and or Moses Covenant that renewed the one he had made with Abraham , it was for the truthful Israelites and not repeat not with gentiles, right, please?

Regards