• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you believe in God of Abraham?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't know what evidence you're referring to, but here's my opinion on Job:

First God drives satan out of heaven in this big battle. The he's holding audiences with him in heaven????????
p49esb1adofng.png

I thought yahweh can't stand to be in the presence of sin. And yet here we have the most sinful guy who ever lived standing right in front of him and Yahweh carries on a casual conversation with him without blinking or shielding himself ???? If Yahweh can make an exception for satan then surely he can make an exception for the billions of sinners down here. True?
Obviously you were misinformed.
First, Satan was not driven out of heaven before the account of Job.
Second, sin is not a like a contagious disease. God tolerated wicked acts. and there is no act mentioned in the Bible, other than lying slander (speech) which the wicked angels carried out in heaven.

SeekingAllTruth

Obviously you were misinformed.
First, Satan was not driven out of heaven before the account of Job.
Second, sin is not a like a contagious disease. God tolerated wicked acts. and there is no act mentioned in the Bible, other than lying slander (speech) which the wicked angels carried out in heaven.

Satan was once an honored angel in heaven, next to Christ. . . . But when God said to His Son, "Let us make man in our image," Satan was jealous of Jesus. He wished to be consulted concerning the formation of man, and because he was not, he was filled with envy, jealousy, and hatred. He desired to receive the highest honors in heaven next to God. Until this time all heaven had been in order, harmony, and perfect subjection to the government of God.—Early Writings, p. 145.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Satan was once an honored angel in heaven, next to Christ. . . . But when God said to His Son, "Let us make man in our image," Satan was jealous of Jesus. He wished to be consulted concerning the formation of man, and because he was not, he was filled with envy, jealousy, and hatred. He desired to receive the highest honors in heaven next to God. Until this time all heaven had been in order, harmony, and perfect subjection to the government of God.—Early Writings, p. 145.
I won't argue that. It's quite close to accurate.... but I am not sure how that follows from what you said, and my response to it.