• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do We Pick Our Bodies?

CharmingOwl

Edit: Looking back on this, I probably should have put a prompt here or have shared my thoughts on this video instead of just posting a straight video to the forums with no additional context. I am sorry if I frustrated anyone with that.

I personally believe in this kind of spirituality and I find it a convincing explanations though the reasons that the soul of a person chooses to come to Earth seem debatable to me still. I find that the bodies we choose during out lifetimes are meant to modify our experience slightly such as looking more or less attractive, having bodies conducive to our destinies such as playing sports, or other things like that. While this spiritualist on Youtube is not someone I agree with entirely, I think her video explains a lot and it seems like a convincing explanation.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Why is it spam? I want to discuss this.
Because you posted it as a naked video with no explanation: it looked like mere promotion. I see you have subsequently had second thoughts (prompted by advice perhaps?) and have added some context. That's a good move.

Now that you have explained what this is about, I have no useful comment to offer, though.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Edit: Looking back on this, I probably should have put a prompt here or have shared my thoughts on this video instead of just posting a straight video to the forums with no additional context. I am sorry if I frustrated anyone with that.

I personally believe in this kind of spirituality and I find it a convincing explanations though the reasons that the soul of a person chooses to come to Earth seem debatable to me still. I find that the bodies we choose during out lifetimes are meant to modify our experience slightly such as looking more or less attractive, having bodies conducive to our destinies such as playing sports, or other things like that. While this spiritualist on Youtube is not someone I agree with entirely, I think her video explains a lot and it seems like a convincing explanation.

"According to Quantum Science and... , you picked your body."

That's all I had to hear to stop the video.

CharmingOwl

As a transgender individual I promise you I did not pick this body before I was born. The universe must've mixed up my body order with someone else's o_O
Transitioning is a very large part of life though. That may have been a part of the role you are playing in the current lifetime to overcome the struggles of being trans.

Although personally I can understand the sentiment as I imagine myself choosing a thin model body every time or just the prettiest one. I guess on the soul level we are not so vain but eh whatever.