• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do we arrogant believe that we are all right ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Why do most religions believe they and them only own the truth, they all argue over and over that they themselves have the truth, they have even killed each other over this belief. I believe that it is the ego, or you could say the devil which to me is the ego. The so called devil isn't some bozo running around trying to fill our heads with bad crap, no, its our own making, we all want to be right and through religion we project that arrogance.

I think personally that we all need to grow up and drop all this crap, we need to let the dark shadow of the past go, they were ignorant back then about just everything, we today have learnt much more than our ignorant past, the past has never done any good, its time to let go and wake up baby, if not for yourself, for others..

psychoslice

Veteran Member
This will be the same for politics and any generally fleshed out idea.

If we didn't think we were right we would change our opinions, and then be right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes and we think that our own way of thinking is right, and that is what everyone does, but who is right, I say nobody, not Christianity, not Judaism, or Islam, how could they be true when they are so evil ?.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
This will be the same for politics and any generally fleshed out idea.

If we didn't think we were right we would change our opinions, and then be right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think what he's trying to say is commit yourself to what works, not a system of thought.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Why do most religions believe they and them only own the truth, they all argue over and over that they themselves have the truth, they have even killed each other over this belief. I believe that it is the ego, or you could say the devil which to me is the ego. The so called devil isn't some bozo running around trying to fill our heads with bad crap, no, its our own making, we all want to be right and through religion we project that arrogance.

I think personally that we all need to grow up and drop all this crap, we need to let the dark shadow of the past go, they were ignorant back then about just everything, we today have learnt much more than our ignorant past, the past has never done any good, its time to let go and wake up baby, if not for yourself, for others..

I'm alive because of my past. I am glad to be alive to make decisions in the present. and, I should be asleep to relive this past/present affect in the next minute/future. But it's a new year, so.... yes, we all want to be right.

Who has the right to tell us we do not have the right to be right?
And who or what is qualified to say who is right or wrong?

I guess living with elders, you get to a point of "I don't care" in a good way. They are not afraid to say I am right (I will give my child to god [as so a co-worker told me she did], I would fight to a common cause against abortion [not knowing that 'common causes' back when were more than just abortion issues], and so forth.... they'll say it.

But they have a right to say they are just as I have a right to say they are wrong.

But, well, arrogant or not, who has the final authority (if so be) to say whose side is fact?

Really... if we did not have our "religious" experiences (this includes people being born again to having wars in the name of religion), what would be wrong with religion-the very fact that people want to base their lives on something or someone someone else doesn't get to see.

We can't take the gun away.

So what can we do...even on RF, what can we do?

Really...

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Religion to me is a personal experience, not hearsay from some scripture, this isn't true religion, to experience your own inner Truth, not some other Tom dick or harry, its your's and your's only. Organized religion has never done any good, it has separated us all and caused division, and of course wars. Its time to throw organized religion away, and find your true connection with the Source of all there IS, call that God, Consciousness, the Source. or whatever, it doesn't matter.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm alive because of my past. I am glad to be alive to make decisions in the present. and, I should be asleep to relive this past/present affect in the next minute/future. But it's a new year, so.... yes, we all want to be right.

Who has the right to tell us we do not have the right to be right?
And who or what is qualified to say who is right or wrong?

I guess living with elders, you get to a point of "I don't care" in a good way. They are not afraid to say I am right (I will give my child to god [as so a co-worker told me she did], I would fight to a common cause against abortion [not knowing that 'common causes' back when were more than just abortion issues], and so forth.... they'll say it.

But they have a right to say they are just as I have a right to say they are wrong.

But, well, arrogant or not, who has the final authority (if so be) to say whose side is fact?

Really... if we did not have our "religious" experiences (this includes people being born again to having wars in the name of religion), what would be wrong with religion-the very fact that people want to base their lives on something or someone someone else doesn't get to see.

We can't take the gun away.

So what can we do...even on RF, what can we do?

Really...
I have the right and that is my question, who the hell and why do we need to be right, yes, the big ego, that simple.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

And you think you got it right.;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No I don't, no one has it, because its all a lie, yes a big fat lie.

That's the same "believers mentality" of we are sinners inside or I hear it in words like we are such limited beings or in words like they are taking all of our jobs. Is it a human trait for us to make ourselves the victim and/or why do we feel the majority is always victimizing us?

I mean, I am a minority in many minority groups that have a profound influence on World history, US history, and the history of my local area. So.. basically, everyone is saying "we can't help being sinners" while trying to dodge the word.

Whats up with that? or is it just me?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
That's the same "believers mentality" of we are sinners inside or I hear it in words like we are such limited beings or in words like they are taking all of our jobs. Is it a human trait for us to make ourselves the victim and/or why do we feel the majority is always victimizing us?

I mean, I am a minority in many minority groups that have a profound influence on World history, US history, and the history of my local area. So.. basically, everyone is saying "we can't help being sinners" while trying to dodge the word.

Whats up with that? or is it just me?
Maybe you, I don't don't know.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's it, nobody knows, so lets forget about religion and be one with each other, no Christianity, no Judaism, no Islam, just us all as one.

Actually that's how it was, God tests our souls, if bad or good, God intervene only
if oppression exceeds the limits.

During the Jahiliyya, oppression had exceeded the limits, babies were killed and buried
only because they were females, slaves were beaten by whips, women have no rights
whatsoever, tribes fighting in daily basis for revenge, the Romans and the Persians
oppressing people everywhere because they were the strongest in the region.

God said in one verse that he send a messenger as a mercy of him, but yes
it wasn't for religion itself but for guidance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes and we think that our own way of thinking is right, and that is what everyone does, but who is right, I say nobody, not Christianity, not Judaism, or Islam, how could they be true when they are so evil ?.

It's not the individual, I see you're speaking of. It's a group of people.

If I took the life of a neighbor, I'd get my consequence and do my time. If I rallied up some friends, and did the same, we'd probably be on the front covers. Depending on how it was done and how many involved (and the bias of people), it could be turned into my being some sort of terrorist. Then it's all over the news, and it becomes world war 3 all because I forgot to take out the bullets of my riffle before she was curious in asking me how to shoot it.

Then it's like you (or John or whomever) coming to blame me for the media's coverage and influence on little children... while other people say Jane Does listening to the media claiming I did something I did not do.

If it's just about ego, that's normal. I'm bigger than you. No, I'm bigger than you.... but this is more sociology... the power of influence and people. Goes beyond just one person. People don't care about one ego unless a whole bunch of egos get together and create power. Then you have politics.

But if you take out ego, how can we compete with others and better ourselves. Maybe building a healthy ego would be best.

:leafwind:

Or, I dont know, changing our old ways of thinking to new ways of thinking.

There ya go. New Years revolution. Get rid of the old ways of thought, bias, and so forth that create negativity in our selves and replace it with modern and new thoughts.

All starts with one action: "Post Reply."

:confused:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It's not the individual, I see you're speaking of. It's a group of people.

If I took the life of a neighbor, I'd get my consequence and do my time. If I rallied up some friends, and did the same, we'd probably be on the front covers. Depending on how it was done and how many involved (and the bias of people), it could be turned into my being some sort of terrorist. Then it's all over the news, and it becomes world war 3 all because I forgot to take out the bullets of my riffle before she was curious in asking me how to shoot it.

Then it's like you (or John or whomever) coming to blame me for the media's coverage and influence on little children... while other people say Jane Does listening to the media claiming I did something I did not do.

If it's just about ego, that's normal. I'm bigger than you. No, I'm bigger than you.... but this is more sociology... the power of influence and people. Goes beyond just one person. People don't care about one ego unless a whole bunch of egos get together and create power. Then you have politics.

But if you take out ego, how can we compete with others and better ourselves. Maybe building a healthy ego would be best.

:leafwind:

Or, I dont know, changing our old ways of thinking to new ways of thinking.

There ya go. New Years revolution. Get rid of the old ways of thought, bias, and so forth that create negativity in our selves and replace it with modern and new thoughts.

All starts with on action: "Post Reply."

:confused:
So your not a number within a group of people, we don't need the ego, we are not the ego, which religion is built on, just be yourself........is that hard to do ??.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So your not a number within a group of people, we don't need the ego, we are not the ego, which religion is built on, just be yourself........is that hard to do ??.

If that's what you're saying. It can work either way.

Every person wants to be right. We all have ego. It's healthy and normal. We tend to think more individually than as a group.

I mean, I live with individuals in their 80s on up and their family just dumped them off and they have no one. So, I see one neighbor go to church every morning, evening, every Saturday, Wednesday bible study, sunday worship, and even helps at her church and other organizations. But she uses her "gun" to do some good even if someone in her same faith uses it for the bad.

But they can't do anything without people supporting them and nurturing them. If you ask an individual person "would you picket a buisness and line thier streets so they can shut down because their products are against your morals" they'd probably say no. If they, their church, and friends did it, you'd probably see them on the streets just as one guy wanted me to hang with his group while we were waving people down on the main road. I had to pull myself away to catch the bus.

So, it's a group thing. With the ego, that's where I see ego is most dangerous is when one works as a group (wars, for example) to nicer things like parades and marches. But when community/religion kind of falls down, then it's

just jesus. just muhammad. and just the bab.

Who are they without their followers interpreting who they are without their being able to represent themselves.

ANYWAY sorry. Just thinking a lot of us RFers may need to talk with someone and get over our religious issues. Either that or it's just a
bug in the corner of someone's brain like food stuck in a tooth.

One or the other, ego isn't the foundation. That's all natural. It's how we handle it in a group that's the key. Are we persuaded easily? If yes, maybe follow your faith as a solitaire. I dont know. I'm just ramblin.