• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do the wisemen call Christ "King of the Jews"

ProfLogic

angellous_evangellous said:
IMO, the best explanation is that the author or redacter of "Matthew" put these words into the mouth of the wise men.

The self proclaimed god has the ability to get into peoples heads if they allowed it, so more than likely it suggested that jesus was the king of jews. The 3 wise men were not that wise after all and was even used to convince jesus' family that they were chosen to save humanity.

may

According to the Bible, the so-called wise men were "from eastern parts," and it was there that they had learned about Jesus’ birth. (Matthew 2:1, 2, 9) It must have taken a long time for these men to travel to Judea. When they eventually found Jesus, he was no longer a newly born babe in a stable. Instead, the men found Mary and "the young child" living in a house.—Matthew 2:11.
The Bible calls these men magi, or "astrologers," and it does not say how many there were. also Jesus was about 2 years old , that is why Herod had all the baby boys 2 years and under killed he wanted to make sure that Jesus was killed . what a nasty piece of work he was.:sad4:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
angellous_evangellous said:
I was saying that if the wisemen mistook an angel for a star, the men aren't very wise.:cover:

No one said they mistook a star for an angel. Stars being angels is has Biblical precidence. Don't mislead the masses.:tsk:

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
ProfLogic said:
The self proclaimed god has the ability to get into peoples heads if they allowed it...
Hey!!! The self proclaimed logical professor actually got something right :eek:

may

Super Universe said:
May! Where did you get this idea from?
the star led them to herod who wanted Jesus killed , he did not want a king to take his place , and the aim of satan is to be in oposition to Gods purpose, so satan wanted Jesus killed , the star did not lead them to bethlehem where Jesus was born it led them to herod . but nothing can stop Gods purpose even if Satan trys to stop it.

may

Snowbear said:
That 'vulnerable' little baby had a much, much, MUCH more powerful protector than Joesph and Mary ;)
he certainly did , that is why Jehovah made sure they went back another way.

ProfLogic

may said:
the star led them to herod who wanted Jesus killed , he did not want a king to take his place , and the aim of satan is to be in oposition to Gods purpose, so satan wanted Jesus killed , the star did not lead them to bethlehem where Jesus was born it led them to herod . but nothing can stop Gods purpose even if Satan trys to stop it.

First of all, these may I call them non physical entities do not have the power to control objects by itself. All they can do is affect humanities mind to make believe they are in control. Of course something can stop your god's purpose, its called thinking for yourself.

may

ProfLogic said:
First of all, these may I call them non physical entities do not have the power to control objects by itself. All they can do is affect humanities mind to make believe they are in control. Of course something can stop your god's purpose, its called thinking for yourself.
nothing can stop Gods purpose from being fullfilled, asthe bible tells us , nothing humans think up can stop Jehovah Gods purpose from being fullfilled .
JEHOVAH GOD has a purpose for mankind and the earth. The nations also have a purpose. But how these purposes differ! We ought to expect this, for God says: "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." God’s purpose is certain to be fulfilled, for he goes on to say:
so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it. Isaiah 55;11
(Isaiah 14:24) Jehovah of armies has sworn, saying: "Surely just as I have figured, so it must occur; and just as I have counseled, that is what will come true,
(Isaiah 46:10) the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying, ‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do’;