• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do i have to believe?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
michel said:
As far as my Christian beliefs are concerned, God would not punish you for not believing in him;
YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE --- (Genesis 3:4) --- got it. Tell that to Adam and Eve.

If you choose not to believe in God, and you behave as a moral person,
Morals deals with mans' relationship to God; ethics deals with mans' relationship to man.

'choose not to believe in God' --- 'moral person' --- Having cake and eating it too?

I can't see God turning you away - unless you choose not to accept his Love, when you come to meet him.;)
NOT EVERYONE THAT SAITH UNTO ME, LORD, LORD, SHALL ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; --- (Matthew 7:21) --- got it. Go tell it to those people.

Fascist Christ

AV1611 said:
Not so. A just God would dole out the same punishment for the same crime. What makes you think you're any better than Lucifer was?

Lucifer, God's greatest and most beautiful, angel didn't get away with it, and you're not gonna get away with it, either.

The only thing is, He made an escape Route for us. Have you taken It?
An escape route?

"Hey look! I did a magic trick! Believe it was real, and get a get-out-of-jail-free card! Believe it to be false, and you will go driectly to jail, will not pass go, and will not collect $200! What will it be?"

You call that justice? Just put me in the ground and turn me into dirt again. No exceptions. That's justice.

Fascist Christ

AV1611 said:
Morals deals with mans' relationship to God; ethics deals with mans' relationship to man.
Being that these are slightly ambiguous words, do not be surprised when people have definitions other than your own. Here are mine:

morals: a personal concept of right and wrong, followed by the individual

ethics: a codified concept of right and wrong, followed by a group

It's actually similar to what you were saying, except if you change "man's relationship with god" to "man's relationship with himself." I do not believe that man's relationship with god has any role in the definition of morality. It may, but does not have to, come into use when the individual developes his moral code.