• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do humans wear clothes?

Willy Five

Some sports and exercises are much more comfortable in the nude. Swimming, most of all. Yoga, Tai chi, etc. And how much nice when I don't have to wear a wet clingy suit!

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Some sports and exercises are much more comfortable in the nude. Swimming, most of all. Yoga, Tai chi, etc. And how much nice when I don't have to take a wet clingy suit off!
Originally, gymnastic was done in the nude in Greece.

I was in gymnastics in high school and college, but I wore clothes as I didn't want to hear screams while performing. o_O

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally I'd rather go naked than wear animal fur anyway.
What's wrong with fur? Properly done it's long lasting, extremely warm, often waterproof, and comes in many kinds. Leather is similar; most durable, waterproof, etc.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Why exactly is it that it is inappropriate to go about public spaces in the nude?

I know that it is, but why?

Why do humans wear clothes when there is no need to keep warm or dry?

What's wrong with everyone seeing each others genitals?

Why is it inappropriate to be naked?

There must have been a point when it wasn't..... so what changed?

And why is the desire to be clothed rather than nude such a strong and powerful one?
It was -7 when I woke up this morning, need I say more.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How come? It's already dead, I don't see an issue. It no longer needs anything.

I do see the issue, how did it die? Was it gassed? Electrocuted? Beaten to death? Old age? Animal attack?

How was it treated prior to death? Wild, as most fur animals should be or factory farmed in dismal conditions as most fur animals are?

Most fur comes from unregulated factory farms. There is a good reason why the more civilized counties have banned factory farming for fur...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I do see the issue, how did it die? Was it gassed? Electrocuted? Beaten to death? Old age? Animal attack?

How was it treated prior to death? Wild, as most fur animals should be or factory farmed in dismal conditions as most fur animals are?

Most fur comes from unregulated factory farms. There is a good reason why the more civilized counties have banned factory farming for fur...
I don't see an issue with animal farming in a humane way though and the UK does really well at this. We have very good practices. Using the fur as part of that would be no issue to me at all.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't see an issue with animal farming in a humane way though and the UK does really well at this. We have very good practices. Using the fur as part of that would be no issue to me at all.

Fur farming is banned in the UK because it didn't do it really well.