• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do homophobic people bother?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Oh yes of course, how dare us use our brains that god gave us. We're sorry Lord. We know we only have brains to be programmed like bots

Mr Cheese

First happy days and now America? We're really gonna have to fight Cheese

I deleted my post...

but, do you disagree that a huge portion of America is backward economically, socially, politically and as regards education.

As such bigotry as displayed on this thread, is "normal"..... like my girl friend says...I'd love to live in "X" part of America, if it wasn't for the people......

For goodness sake.... america has a museum with Noah's ark and a dinosaur together on the same exhibit

ever seen gummo?

no-body

I deleted my post...

but, do you disagree that a huge portion of America is backward economically, socially, politically and as regards education.

As such bigotry as displayed on this thread, is "normal"..... like my girl friend says...I'd love to live in "X" part of America, if it wasn't for the people......

For goodness sake.... america has a museum with Noah's ark and a dinosaur together on the same exhibit

ever seen gummo?

I don't think it's fair to use stereotypes to paint the U.S. with a large brush. Sure there are a lot of dumb bigoted rednecks who think America was founded on Christianity, but a large majority do protest against it and know that America has always been a secular nation. Besides most European countries have it's equivalent of dumb rednecks, they just don't tend to be voted into power or effect art and entertainment as much as in the US.

Also I have seen Gummo and you realize it is only a movie right? A Harmony Korine movie at that so I would take it with a tanker-trailer full of salt.

Mr Cheese

I don't think it's fair to use stereotypes to paint the U.S. with a large brush. Sure there are a lot of dumb bigoted rednecks who think America was founded on Christianity, but a large majority do protest against it and know that America has always been a secular nation. Besides most European countries have it's equivalent of dumb rednecks, they just don't tend to be voted into power or effect art and entertainment as much as in the US.

name one country outside USA that has a museum with a dinosaur and Noah's ark...in the same exhibit

no-body

name one country outside USA that has a museum with a dinosaur and Noah's ark...in the same exhibit

Creationist Museums outside USA:

Genesis Expo in Portsmouth, England.
Big Valley Creation Science Museum — Alberta, Canada
Creation Bible Center — Alberta, Canada
Creation Science Museum of Canada Canada's first creation museum, a traveling one based in eastern Ontario and run by Ian Juby
Creation Truth Ministries Traveling Creation Museum — Alberta, Canada
Dinosaur Discovery Zone Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and operated by CARE ministries.
Genesis Expo on Portsmouth Hard of the UK by the Creation Science Movement
Noah's Ark Museum — Uzengeli Village, Turkey

True the highest concentration of these museums come from the U.S. but these idiots are by no means restricted to America.

dust1n

Zindīq
And hearing the ads on TV, on the computer, on the radio, in school. "Being GAY, is okay, do whatever floats your boat. It's all the same. Marriage is just a game. There is no good or bad --- only what you want to do."

I've never anything remotely close to that on TV, radio, or in school. I have on the computer because there are a slew of individuals, but never on anything else.

And there is no good or bad.. hence why you are able to make yourself look 'good' and others look 'bad'.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Good and bad are illusions based on dualistic notions that an action is either always good or always bad in every single situation. That's not realistic. There is the way in which it would be most appropriate to act given the present moment and situation, there is no good and bad

no-body

I've never anything remotely close to that on TV, radio, or in school. I have on the computer because there are a slew of individuals, but never on anything else.

And there is no good or bad.. hence why you are able to make yourself look 'good' and others look 'bad'.

Yeah 99.9% of the Ads I've ever seen center on discrimination against gays or getting idiots to stop saying F------ or "gay" the equivelent of having to get people to stop saying the n-word in days past. But in LittleNippers mind tolerance and acceptance means advocating perversity and fighting against hate and bigotry means fighting against Christianity.

dust1n

Zindīq
And YOU are making the decision as to what constitutes criticism and what is a bigot. And society is now beginning to decide that good is evil and bad is good.

No.. no one hear constitutes the meaning of those words.

The word critic comes from the Greek κριτικός (kritikós), "able to discern"[1], which in turn derives from the word κριτής (krités), meaning a person who offers reasoned judgment or analysis, value judgment, interpretation, or observation[2]. The term can be used to describe an adherent of a position disagreeing with or opposing the object of criticism.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing devotion.

-Wiki

Evil is good now! Good is evil now! CRAZY...

God.. what would you have done during the Enlightenment? :sarcastic

Seriously, though... how can you think it's fair that your marriage should get you all the tax breaks, but homosexual couples don't deserve the same tax breaks? I guess you just like TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION! :eek:

dust1n

Zindīq
Yeah 99.9% of the Ads I've ever seen center on discrimination against gays or getting idiots to stop saying F------ or "gay" the equivelent of having to get people to stop saying the n-word in days past. But in LittleNippers mind tolerance and acceptance means advocating perversity and fighting against hate and bigotry means fighting against Christianity.

LOL. Because he thinks absurdities.

[youtube]Wp76ly2_NoI[/youtube]
YouTube - NOM - Gathering Storm

OH NO... :(

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Whether it is right or wrong, people seem to want everyone to fit into neat little boxes. Problem with that is not everyone is the same, everyone is different.