• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians and Islamists hate nudity?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
So is Michelle Bachmann. So is Sarah Palin. They are deeply religious evangelicals very influential with your party -- or not really but by lip sync yes. Technically they aren't influential in the party, because your party doesn't actually care what religious people think just plays piano for them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The idea is that nudity encourages lust. But what nudist areas have proven is that after a bit of initial attraction, pretty soon the naked human body fades into the background.

Still, certain sports are better played with at least some clothes.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
I am very pale, thus I burn quickly. So I can only go streaking at night. :D

In seriousness I don't 'hate' nudity (quite the opposite actually) but the context of it does matter. I wouldn't be uncomfortable seeing someone swim nude at a beach (heck, I'd go for a dip myself) getting changed, taking a shower or going to bed, but I would be uncomfortable seeing someone walk around nude or near nude at a shopping center or a cafe. Context is everything.

Last edited:

Looncall

I am a Republican and I don’t have any problem with it!

I suspect it has to do with the desert origins of those religions and difficulty of survival. The result is that women are regarded as valuable livestock, and men are worried that nudity might lead to rustling.

Other societies carry on just fine with lots of nudity.

HonestJoe

I think it runs from religious attempts to control and manage society, seeking to discourage sexual relationships outside religiously sanctioned marriage with the ideas of modesty in public and keeping yourself for a spouse alone.