• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did he/she call you the "C word"?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Have you been called the "C" word?

It's the only profane word I never use, (unless I'm blaspheming God in a fit of rage, but that never happens with the C word anymore, now that I pray more to the Island girls than to Jesus).

The C word is so offensive to people, I played in a college play called " Betty's summer vacation", which had a serial killer in it, a severed penis in the freezer, and was loaded with profanity, and we had to change one of the profane words, and it happened to be the C word, because of how offensive that word is.

(My character was "Buck" , and the serial killer kills him at the end. So one serial killer becomes victim of another. :p. )

The last time I was called the C word, was, I ordered champagne , and relapsed on that, instead of some other alcoholic beverage, so that was the word my sponsor used to describe me, for choosing that type of alcohol to relapse on.

When was the last time you were called the c word and what was the reason for it?

(Also, an insignificant fact is, I don't mind getting called that word if it's coming from a British person or an australian, compared to an American.)

But I do think it is the most offensive word to most americans. I would assume so based on what I hear.

At least of words that are not racial slurs.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My oldest son's father used to call me that one a lot. It didn't seem any worse than any other thing he called me, though, so I didn't put any kind of importance on it.

Though I do think its an odd sounding word.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It's the only profane word I never use, (unless I'm blaspheming God in a fit of rage, but that never happens with the C word anymore, now that I pray more to the Island girls than to Jesus).

The C word is so offensive to people, I played in a college play called " Betty's summer vacation", which had a serial killer in it, a severed penis in the freezer, and was loaded with profanity, and we had to change one of the profane words, and it happened to be the C word, because of how offensive that word is.

(My character was "Buck" , and the serial killer kills him at the end. So one serial killer becomes victim of another. :p. )

The last time I was called the C word, was, I ordered champagne , and relapsed on that, instead of some other alcoholic beverage, so that was the word my sponsor used to describe me, for choosing that type of alcohol to relapse on.

When was the last time you were called the c word and what was the reason for it?

(Also, an insignificant fact is, I don't mind getting called that word if it's coming from a British person or an australian, compared to an American.)

But I do think it is the most offensive word to most americans. I would assume so based on what I hear.

The level of unacceptability of words appears
to correlate with the level of perceived victimhood
of the group. Derogatory terms for men are more
acceptable than those for women, eg, **** vs ****.

While this post is serious, I like the humor of how
the posted terms for genitalia look. Hah!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The ChristineM word, what's wrong with it?

Oh the other C word... It doesn't seem that bad in the UK, you hear groups of teenagers (and children in school playgrounds) using it often. Though it is used in hot arguments too, usually in the form of you ****ing **** (F word + ,C word)

I think far worse is the slight "you are not even a (C word), a (C word) is useful"

North Americans seem to have a problem with "the C word" but it isn't that bad in the rest of the Anglosphere.

Elsewhere it could be a synonym for "folks", as in "what you ****s up to?"

An exclamation, as in "the twist as the end of the film just makes you go ya ****"

A term of mild mockery as in "you fell for that old trick? Haha ya daft ****"

Even a term of endearment, as in "he's a sound ****"

Even as a term of abuse its not that much worse than other swear words.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Though I do think its an odd sounding word.

I also find it odd or strange sounding. I'm a fellow American, of course.

I never even heard the word

It's not a word you would hear on Keeping Up Appearances, for instance.

North Americans seem to have a problem with "the C word" but it isn't that bad in the rest of the Anglosphere.

Even if we did not have a problem with using it, it just would not sound right coming from our mouths.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I also find it odd or strange sounding. I'm a fellow American, of course.

I find the words 'dog' and 'tree' to be odd sounding, too. (They make me giggle sometimes for no reason, and then everyone finds me stranger yet...)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

All the time. It’s how Australians say hello to each other and show affection :shrug:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I've never really had many curse words thrown at me as a single insult. I've had them in a phrase but the words themselves being it...very rare.

The worse insult I've ever gotten wasn't a swear word at all but a phrase with no cuss words