• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God create us

DKH

I believe it is possible that God who has unlimited power, who can be everywhere simultaneously and is immortal would at some stage become bored.

All this knowledge in an empty void God decided to create the universe and all its contents, without it God would return to an empty void of suffering.

Because of the Joy his many creations bring he loves them deeply and created a storied universe with life on multiple planets in many universes and Dimensions and gave them free will.

Free will enables them to act independently of God and thus entertain thee.

I say Thee because surely God has No genitalia as breeding is not necessary when you create with thought, why would God have a body, hands to grasp are not required, legs to walk, just a thought and he can move.

the different races of different planets in different dimensions have Bodies designed to be vehicles that can physically react and manipulate their world.

It makes no sense that we would be cast in Gods image.

Man’s Ego is so great even though we acknowledge Gods power we imagine God as looking Human despite the fact we know he does need a vehicle to traverse our Planet.

God created humans to replace the fallen angels…However, this path isn't an easy one and we really don't know how many fallen angels there are compared to all humans who have existed. The prospect that one could fulfill the requirements necessary for an open spot should make for an interesting evaluation of one's current goals.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
There was no such moment that God without Universe. Because the time started with Universe. Hence, no time to be bored. Bored God is dead God, because God cannot be bored. No time to die.

How did God create the Universe if he was not around to create it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What Criteria, we know nothing about this Earth or the Universe, what can I honestly say I know about God.
Well if one is so informed that they know details of God then it shouldn't be too difficult to demonstrate that assessment in the real world.

As it stands, God is and always will be sourced to one's imagination, and is found nowhere else.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
I don't know who or what created us, or even if we were "created," whether intentionally or unintentionally. I suppose it's possible that our existence might be some kind of accident, or maybe even the work of some alien mad scientist. I can't even guess as to the possible motives why someone would intentionally design an entire universe, although considering that humans are confined to a relatively tiny air bubble inside that vastness, it seems our role in this enterprise is equally tiny and insignificant - if we have any role at all.

Sometimes I think religion is not so much about "God" as much as it's about humans attempting to exaggerate their own importance in the universe.
If God took the time to create a star, a Planet an entire Universe, then he went out of his way to create you.
It could be said that your equally important as all his creations as you are one of his creations.
Who are we to say one of Gods creations is insignificant.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Wouldn't our body, too, be part of God and the ego itself cast the idea of separateness? But the ego formed with the body, so even that is a part of God. So maybe the drop was never separate from the ocean to begin with.
Nothing is ever seperate from Anything, but the drop is us in Human form.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
And

These statements are self contradicting.
No, I pointed out why he does not need a physical body.
The fact he is everywhere confirms it rather then contradicts it.
I’m not personally saying he goes from place to place, I put that for those that do such as walking around the Garden of Eden.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
Well if one is so informed that they know details of God then it shouldn't be too difficult to demonstrate that assessment in the real world.

As it stands, God is and always will be sourced to one's imagination, and is found nowhere else.
We can only imagine him true, but that doesn’t disprove his existence.
If I grasp a rock you will imagine what it looks like.
The Rock may exist despite not having seen it

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
He doesn't need anything, including us. That doesn't mean he doesn't desire anything.
And of course he's not like us, he's completely other, and complete in himself, but he chose to become one of us to save us from ourselves.

I don't believe God can become bored. Boredom implies imperfection.
Creating 2 people that sinned and ate from a tree would also demonstrate imperfection

Reactions: ppp

questfortruth

How did God create the Universe if he was not around to create it.
It is a great miracle. If something is impossible, but has happened, then it is possible through miracle. All good words in English Dictionary are the names of God. Hence, God is Love, Hope, Police, Army, Creativity, Art, Church, etc. These are items from our reality. Hence, there is no such moment that God was without our reality: "I am with you during all time", - said Jesus Christ in the Bible.

Dao Hao Now

No, I pointed out why he does not need a physical body.
The fact he is everywhere confirms it rather then contradicts it.
I’m not personally saying he goes from place to place, I put that for those that do such as walking around the Garden of Eden.
If that was your intent, it was poorly worded.

You started with a declarative statement:
I believe it is possible that God who has unlimited power, who can be everywhere simultaneously
Which indicates no “why”,
simply what you believe “is”.

Then further down postulated what “we” believe,
(that God looks human) and declared…
“despite the fact we know he does need a vehicle
to traverse our planet”.
we imagine God as looking Human despite the fact we know he does need a vehicle to traverse our Planet.
I was merely pointing this out.

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
You said it was a “belief”;
I asked how you arrived at (“determined”) that belief.

If you prefer:
How did you postulate your theory?
What makes you think so?
Are you really interested in my theories, or are you simply looking for things to pick apart.

joelr

I believe it is possible that God who has unlimited power, who can be everywhere simultaneously and is immortal would at some stage become bored.

All this knowledge in an empty void God decided to create the universe and all its contents, without it God would return to an empty void of suffering.

Because of the Joy his many creations bring he loves them deeply and created a storied universe with life on multiple planets in many universes and Dimensions and gave them free will.

Free will enables them to act independently of God and thus entertain thee.

I say Thee because surely God has No genitalia as breeding is not necessary when you create with thought, why would God have a body, hands to grasp are not required, legs to walk, just a thought and he can move.

the different races of different planets in different dimensions have Bodies designed to be vehicles that can physically react and manipulate their world.

It makes no sense that we would be cast in Gods image.

Man’s Ego is so great even though we acknowledge Gods power we imagine God as looking Human despite the fact we know he does need a vehicle to traverse our Planet.

In the original Hebrew of the OT Yahweh has a full body complete with man parts.

Dr. Francesca Stavrakopoulou elaborates at 6:33

She has a new book about the subject.