• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why did God create us ??

this is the question i need to ask from all people ?

i have the Vedic view
(VEDAS ARE OLDEST LITERATURE AVAILABLE ON EARTH)

on it with me but will present some later..

firstly i would like people to defend there views which are as follows on why did God created us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREMISE 1: HE CREATED US SO THAT WE COULD WORSHIP HIM

Many religious scholars claim that God created us so that we could worship Him. If that be so,

a. God becomes nothing more than a praise-loving dictator suffering from superiority-complex.

b. It proves that God is inconsistent. He changes His habits. That is why since beginninglessness God was all alone, but then He suddenly thought of creating us.

Let us say, He decided to create us at point T1 in time. Now since time has no beginning and God was always present, hence time T1 or any other time T2, T3 etc are equidistant from origin of time which is infinity away. So if He can change his mood at time T1, there is no reason why He cannot change His mood at other time-points like T2, T3 etc. Also, there is no guarantee that He did not create and destroy us or other species at other times BEFORE time T1 of this creation.

Now all religions that claim that Allah created us so that we could worship Him also believe that Allah is perfect. Now if Allah is perfect, it means that at ALL points in time, He is equally perfect and operates as per the SAME laws. Perfection implies that there can be NO single-point inconsistency in God’ habits.

THUS, if God/Allah/Ishwar created us at time T1, He HAS to keep creating us at other time periods also IF He is perfect. Now He cannot create us twice! So if He creates us, He has to also destroy us so as to create us again.
Now if he continues to create and destroy us, how can He ensure that we worship Him when we have been destroyed. This means that either mood of God fluctuates with time, OR, He has NOT created us for worship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2.
CONFUSION: WHY HE MAKES US SUFFER WHEN HE HIMSELF CREATED US.
Clergies answer this paradox smartly. For example, the neo-Prophet Zakir answers in following lines:
“ In a class there are all kinds of students. Some are brilliant and come first. Others fail. Now a smart teacher can predict who will get what rank. This does not mean that the teacher is forcing the students to perform in a particular manner. This only means that teacher is intelligent enough to know who will do what. And since Allah is most-intelligent, He knows everything that will happen in future.”

A very reasonable sounding answer. But only that it has a major flaw. The teacher can predict the performance of his students only because he has assessed the past and present performance of the students. But in case of God, it is He Himself who decides which student would be born intelligent and who shall be dumb!

So while Mohandas Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869, Allah had already decided millions of years before his birth that this boy would remain a Hindu, but appease Muslims, and yet be called a Kafir deserving Hell by devout Muslims like Muhammad Ali. So right from his birth, Gandhi had no choice but to simply follow what was already written millions of years ago.

3.PREMISE 2: HE CREATED US TO TEST US

If He is testing us, He cannot have a Lohe Mahfooz (AS PER ISLAM A BOOK CONTAINING ALL THE FUTURE OF PEOPLE)
or, in other words, cannot predict our future. If He already knows the future, there is no use of testing. And if He is doing both, He is acting only as a moody dictator fond of enacting dramas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A MORE DETAILED VIEW ABOUT CONFUSION AND TO KNOW THE OLDEST AND MOST CORRECT VEDIC VIEW ON QUESTION "why god created us?"
can be read at...
http://agniveer.com/1985/why-did-god-create-us/

Nerthus

Wanderlust
My view is my view, I shouldn't have to defend it. As for why we were created, who can know for certain? Whatever the reason (if there even is a reason), we are here, and I will just live it.

thanks to all for replying.

@ chinu
i created this thread

to know that what acc. to Islam and acc. to bible and acc. to other religions reason for god to create us?

how is my reason similar to "why god create me..
does He also wants to clear some doubt of His..this cant be for His Knowledge must be perfect.without doubts.
you are just giving cyclic talks without meaning i feel...

@Midnight pete
i mean to say if you hold any of above view which i have given refuttal to then defend with your view otherwise tell me what other view you hold..

@Nerthus
yeah thats what i wish to know what is your view dont defend atleast tell me?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
From another thread I quote myself....

You don't need scripture of any kind to answer this.
Look in the mirror.

Your form has five senses. Each is different, but yields it's portion of perception to your mind.
You have two eyes to view your surroundings, two feet to change those surroundings and two hands to manipulate as you see fit.
There is no mystery to life.
All of this is a learning experience.

Why?

Picture yourself as God....yes you can.
Look in the 'mirror'.
Your reflection is perfect....but there is no conversation.
Each question you would ask, would have the perfect answer.

You are alone.

There is the universe...the creation...and though it responds to your touch...
it does not really respond.

Man is that part of creation that is unique.
Your linear existence insures it.
Your lack of knowing all things...creates 'the' question.

Would you like to question God?
Go ahead.
It's what He has been waiting for.

dmgdnooc

My view is that God was alone and desirous of fellowship.
He created humanity to be His family, to sit at His table and be His much loved children.

I believe this to be the Christian perspective.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And a "rogue theologian" is to my mind, an ex-Christian. Someone with all the book knowledge but none of the faith. Am I right?

No.

I follow no congregation.

I have plenty of faith...I simply don't rely on the dogmatic head-nodding that most people insist upon.

Midnight Pete

Solitary Christianity is not possible. You're not really a practising Christian if you don't go to church. You can be a lone Taoist or Wiccan but not a lone Christian. :no:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Solitary Christianity is not possible. You're not really a practising Christian if you don't go to church. You can be a lone Taoist or Wiccan but not a lone Christian. :no:

I choose.

It is allowed.

And there is no safety in numbers.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
this is the question i need to ask from all people ?

i have the Vedic view
(VEDAS ARE OLDEST LITERATURE AVAILABLE ON EARTH)

on it with me but will present some later..

firstly i would like people to defend there views which are as follows on why did God created us?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PREMISE 1: HE CREATED US SO THAT WE COULD WORSHIP HIM

Many religious scholars claim that God created us so that we could worship Him. If that be so,

a. God becomes nothing more than a praise-loving dictator suffering from superiority-complex.

b. It proves that God is inconsistent. He changes His habits. That is why since beginninglessness God was all alone, but then He suddenly thought of creating us.

Let us say, He decided to create us at point T1 in time. Now since time has no beginning and God was always present, hence time T1 or any other time T2, T3 etc are equidistant from origin of time which is infinity away. So if He can change his mood at time T1, there is no reason why He cannot change His mood at other time-points like T2, T3 etc. Also, there is no guarantee that He did not create and destroy us or other species at other times BEFORE time T1 of this creation.

Now all religions that claim that Allah created us so that we could worship Him also believe that Allah is perfect. Now if Allah is perfect, it means that at ALL points in time, He is equally perfect and operates as per the SAME laws. Perfection implies that there can be NO single-point inconsistency in God’ habits.

THUS, if God/Allah/Ishwar created us at time T1, He HAS to keep creating us at other time periods also IF He is perfect. Now He cannot create us twice! So if He creates us, He has to also destroy us so as to create us again.
Now if he continues to create and destroy us, how can He ensure that we worship Him when we have been destroyed. This means that either mood of God fluctuates with time, OR, He has NOT created us for worship.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2.
CONFUSION: WHY HE MAKES US SUFFER WHEN HE HIMSELF CREATED US.
Clergies answer this paradox smartly. For example, the neo-Prophet Zakir answers in following lines:
“ In a class there are all kinds of students. Some are brilliant and come first. Others fail. Now a smart teacher can predict who will get what rank. This does not mean that the teacher is forcing the students to perform in a particular manner. This only means that teacher is intelligent enough to know who will do what. And since Allah is most-intelligent, He knows everything that will happen in future.”

A very reasonable sounding answer. But only that it has a major flaw. The teacher can predict the performance of his students only because he has assessed the past and present performance of the students. But in case of God, it is He Himself who decides which student would be born intelligent and who shall be dumb!

So while Mohandas Gandhi was born on 2nd October 1869, Allah had already decided millions of years before his birth that this boy would remain a Hindu, but appease Muslims, and yet be called a Kafir deserving Hell by devout Muslims like Muhammad Ali. So right from his birth, Gandhi had no choice but to simply follow what was already written millions of years ago.

3.PREMISE 2: HE CREATED US TO TEST US

If He is testing us, He cannot have a Lohe Mahfooz (AS PER ISLAM A BOOK CONTAINING ALL THE FUTURE OF PEOPLE)
or, in other words, cannot predict our future. If He already knows the future, there is no use of testing. And if He is doing both, He is acting only as a moody dictator fond of enacting dramas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A MORE DETAILED VIEW ABOUT CONFUSION AND TO KNOW THE OLDEST AND MOST CORRECT VEDIC VIEW ON QUESTION "why god created us?"
can be read at...
Why did God create us? – Know Vedas
we evolved from monkies, so unless evolution is god than no god created us.....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we evolved from monkies, so unless evolution is god than no god created us.....

Have you considered evolution to be a chemical mechanism?
Set in motion...it performs without immediate 'hands on' effort.

Day Six...God created Man.
No names...no law...no restrictions...

Then Chapter Two.
An act of intervention and manipulation.
NOT an act of creation...not in the Garden.

MW0082

Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~
Have you considered evolution to be a chemical mechanism?
Set in motion...it performs without immediate 'hands on' effort.

Day Six...God created Man.
No names...no law...no restrictions...

Then Chapter Two.
An act of intervention and manipulation.
NOT an act of creation...not in the Garden.
No not possible, we evolve and have evolved as the world around us evolves. We wanted to stand so we did, we wanted to talk so we did, so on and so forth. We are not created by some devine being with omnipotent powers and forthsight...... I read comic books, many characters like that. Are they gods? Is my comic book a bible?

Hmm I should start my own religion, my god Professor Xavier....:D

Oh I also forgot that the bible was wrong on Earth being center of the universe, and how old it was. Your god is really bad with numbers then.....

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
this is why i say god is purely a subjective experience...
reading these posts reminds me of when i held a belief in god

What kind of a theologian says that? :areyoucra

Yeah right!....how about 'rogue theologian'?

And a "rogue theologian" is to my mind, an ex-Christian. Someone with all the book knowledge but none of the faith. Am I right?

No.

I follow no congregation.

I have plenty of faith...I simply don't rely on the dogmatic head-nodding that most people insist upon.

I choose.

It is allowed.

And there is no safety in numbers.

How would you know if you're a loner?

Have you been reading any of my postings?

can we come to the conclusion that maybe it's not about faith but how right we need to be for holding onto a particular belief?

pertaining to this thread...
what is the purpose of asking why? this is not an objectively answerable question...imo