• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Did GOD Create Humans and The Earth?

DavyCrocket2003

I think the question should be, since God knows everything and knows what is going to happen before it happens, why did he create mankind knowing how we would end up? If he knew all the bad things that were going to happen, why create humans? no one knows, not even religions :shrug:

So are you saying that if you were God, you wouldn't have created Humanity because of all the bad that came with it?

I think that we have ended up okay. Although there is a lot of evil in the world, there is also a lot of good. Think of all the good people who have lived throughout the ages.

If I were God and had the choice of creating mankind or not, I would surely choose to.

wonderingsoul

I never said If I was God I would have never made human kind cause regardless of people's faults I would still create man. Let me say my statement in another way.

In the bible(the Christian Bible) everyone knows that human kind sins because of what Adam and Eve did. If he knew they were going to sin thus setting man kind for sinning, and he got mad at Adam and Eve by throwing them out of the garden, why did he create them? I guess I am just asking and I agree he had to give them a chance, but does free will play a role in any of this? Did he create free will or is there such a thing?

I just meant if you look throughout history there have been really bad things, a list way to long to even be written, maybe he knows all the suffering is happening for a reason, dunno. I guess its a question that is over my head :rolleyes:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
We are here to exist. It is the only logical thing we can say. We can add personal meanings to it. But in the end, all we can say is that we exist. Or, I should say that "I" exist.

But it does seem like we exist so that we may observe.

JayHawes

To answer such a question why not ask every parent, "why did you birth me?"

I'm sure the answer will be because "we wanted to have you, and to love you, and to take care of you."

God will give the same answer, he created mankind to be his children, to serve him, to love him, and for him to love them, and take care of them. However we have rebelled against God just as we rebell against our parents. And God being righteouss right judges his children and creation.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

>Why did God create the humans and the earth?

Fortunately, the Baha'i scriptures are very clear about this!:

“O SON OF MAN!
“Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.“
--The Hidden Words, Part One, #3

”O SON OF BOUNTY!
“Out of the wastes of nothingness, with the clay of My command I made thee to appear, and have ordained for thy training every atom in existence and the essence of all created things. Thus, ere thou didst issue from thy mother’s womb, I destined for thee two founts of gleaming milk, eyes to watch over thee, and hearts to love thee. Out of My loving-kindness, ’neath the shade of My mercy I nurtured thee, and guarded thee by the essence of My grace and favor. And My purpose in all this was that thou mightest attain My everlasting dominion and become worthy of My invisible bestowals.”
--Ibid., Part One, #29

Best, :)

Bruce