• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why christians believe that jesus is God?

jonny

ahmedhelmy said:
If jesus was sacrified for all sins of Humen. Then Humen can do whatever they want as there is no punishment by god, they can kill, steal money ....Doesnot what u say is a bit confusing. How come this could be true?Why then there is law for punishing bad people, God had forgive everyone because of Jesus.

In islam, I will be the only person ounished by God becuase what i did, and no one let me away from God's punishiment even the prophets. No one will forgive me except God. Which is more logical this line or the sacrifce of Jesus???
This is where the concept of repentance comes in. If you have faith in Christ and follow his teachings, then you are trying to become like him. Through sincere repentance you can be forgiven of your sins. God knows the intentions of your heart, and you will be judged accordingly. Sincere repentance requires you to change your heart, which means you will not "do whatever you want."

I have always been taught that if you did not repent from your sins and come unto Christ, that you would suffer for your own sins. This teaching may not be common in all Christian denominations, but it is certainly taught in mine. D&C 19: 16-19 - "For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit--and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink-- Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men."

blueman

God's Warrior
Deut. 32.8 said:
Being "delineated in the scriptures" hardly warrants being classified as "historical record".
What other historical records on the life of Christ do we have Duet?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
blueman said:
..., but that same scripture is a biblical blueprint of the life, death and ressurection of jesus, written between 30 and 70 A.D., well within the lifetimes of those who witnessed it, ...
Nonsense. What evidence do you have that any of the Scripture was written before 50 CE or that the Gospels were written before the destruction of the Temple?

jonny said:
I think that they key word in your question is "believe." We believe that Jesus is a God for the same reason that Muslims believe that Mohamed was a prophet, because we have faith in his teachings. Christ taught that he was the Son of God and that we could only be saved through his sacrifice.
The difference between Mohamed Teaching and Jesus teaching the period of time that Islam took to be wide spread and christinay took to be wide spread. Who spread christinaty, Jesus or his followers. After Mohamed died, how many were his followers. The Answer were hundred thousands. When Jesus died, there were only 12 of his followers. The point is that what come after jesus have covered the truth.

The differnece is that Mohamed cannot read and write (His Miracle) and he left Quran (book from God). Which havenot changed until. And to be a true Muslim, you cannot just read the translation of Quran, you have to learn Arabic to understand it. As translators may do errors in translations, even there may appear facts that will be understood in the future.

There are scientific facts in Quran, historical facts in Quran, Socalistic Facts in Quran, lingustic facts in Quran which arenot in other Holy books were they cannot be invented by an ignorant person.

jonny

ahmedhelmy said:
The difference between Mohamed Teaching and Jesus teaching the period of time that Islam took to be wide spread and christinay took to be wide spread. Who spread christinaty, Jesus or his followers. After Mohamed died, how many were his followers. The Answer were hundred thousands. When Jesus died, there were only 12 of his followers. The point is that what come after jesus have covered the truth.
Since when did we start determing the true religion based on its growth rate? Anyway, I am willing to bet that there were more than 12 followers of Christ when he died, although I don't think they kept statistics on membership back then. :rolleyes:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
ahmedhelmy said:
One More Thing about this issue. If jesus was sacrified for all sins of Humen. Then Humen can do whatever they want as there is no punishment by god, they can kill, steal money ....Doesnot what u say is a bit confusing. How come this could be true?Why then there is law for punishing bad people, God had forgive everyone because of Jesus.

In islam, I will be the only person ounished by God becuase what i did, and no one let me away from God's punishiment even the prophets. No one will forgive me except God. Which is more logical this line or the sacrifce of Jesus???
Jesus died so our sins could be forgiven. Jesus's whole life and work, teaches about love and forgiveness.
If we sin we must repent those sins for them to be forgiven. God sees into our hearts and knows when we truly repent. It is not just a form of words.
Your teachings says your God is all merciful. He also knows what is true.

Terry

blueman

God's Warrior
Deut. 32.8 said:
Nonsense. What evidence do you have that any of the Scripture was written before 50 CE or that the Gospels were written before the destruction of the Temple?
Many historians and archeaologists, even skepticals ones acknowledge the new testament gospels and papyra they were written on date back to between 30 and 70 A.D. In addition, both Matthew and Mark were Jewish nationalists and the destruction of the Temple did not occur until around 70 A.D. and there was no mention of it in their gospel accounts. That would be a signifigant omission based on their Jewish heritage. :)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
blueman said:
Many historians and archeaologists, even skepticals ones acknowledge the new testament gospels and papyra they were written on date back to between 30 and 70 A.D.
Preposterous. Cite any competent archaeologist or reference any manuscript dated to 30 CE.
blueman said:
In addition, both Matthew and Mark were Jewish nationalists and the destruction of the Temple did not occur until around 70 A.D. and there was no mention of it in their gospel accounts. That would be a signifigant omission based on their Jewish heritage.
You are presuming, without evidence, that the authors of gMk and gMat were apostles. You, in fact, haven't a clue who wrote these works.

blueman

God's Warrior
Deut. 32.8 said:
Preposterous. Cite any competent archaeologist or reference any manuscript dated to 30 CE.
You are presuming, without evidence, that the authors of gMk and gMat were apostles. You, in fact, haven't a clue who wrote these works.
German Scholar Dr. Carsten Peter Thiede regarding his scientific evidence that dated fragments of Matthew's Gospel between 30 and 70 A.D., British Scholar Matthew D'Ancona between 30 and 60 A.D., Gregory A. Boyd, a well known scholar, as well as others who date Mark's Gospel back to A.D. 55 AND Luke around A.D. 70. Fragments of original scripture (Matthew) written on papyrus are housed at Magdalen College in Oxford, England for over 100 years. Fragments of the Gospel of John and other new testament scripture are housed in the Chester Beatty Collection of the Rylands Library in Manchester, England. :)

Until now, I amnot convinced from the debate. I had no answer why Chritians consider Jesus as God.
If it is a matter of Faith, we are in the 21th century, we are educated people. We believe what we see and analyse it. Faith without evidence is nonsense. In Holy quran, God Asks as to look around us and then decide whether there one gode or not. There is a uniqness in God creation. Then there is one God, and there is there one God, why should he need a son......

Why God sacrifce his son for someone he created. Does His son was created by him. If yes then, the creature created isnot a God. God creates and arenot created. Moreover, If jesus is God, he cannot die. Can Gods Die, suffer as Humens. Open you minds and donot say it is faith.

In Quran there is no extraordinary things except the miracles of the prophets and Jesus is one of them. Have anyone read bernaba Bible. Search for it and read the last chapter. If it makes sense, then all revealed bibles are not the true bible. Religion must make sense. If you are quilty, you have to be punished. Not everyone have the clear heart as Holy people. Even what can holy people do fir pure humens. Only Holy people with there prayer to God can make change.

Open your minds and try to make logic judgment.

Muslims Believe in Jesus, Moses , Ibrahim and Adam

Muslims Believe in Quran, Bible , Old testamnets.

Muslims believe in love and dispises hatred.

Muslims donot believe in Bible and old testiments currently in your hands. As these arenot what Jesus said or even what Moses said.

Open your minds and think logically, and donot just say it is faith. Most of you are uneasy in parts of your religion, but if you know the truth you will be relieved. You are educated people, see what islam says. What Mohamed tought, What Holy Quran asked for. What Jesus said in holy quran when God asked him, you told your followers to take him as god, and jesus said no. Search the for truth until you are relieved, You willnot lose anything to read abot other religion.

Wake up, there is no time and life is short

blueman

God's Warrior
ahmedhelmy said:
Until now, I amnot convinced from the debate. I had no answer why Chritians consider Jesus as God.
If it is a matter of Faith, we are in the 21th century, we are educated people. We believe what we see and analyse it. Faith without evidence is nonsense. In Holy quran, God Asks as to look around us and then decide whether there one gode or not. There is a uniqness in God creation. Then there is one God, and there is there one God, why should he need a son......

Why God sacrifce his son for someone he created. Does His son was created by him. If yes then, the creature created isnot a God. God creates and arenot created. Moreover, If jesus is God, he cannot die. Can Gods Die, suffer as Humens. Open you minds and donot say it is faith.

In Quran there is no extraordinary things except the miracles of the prophets and Jesus is one of them. Have anyone read bernaba Bible. Search for it and read the last chapter. If it makes sense, then all revealed bibles are not the true bible. Religion must make sense. If you are quilty, you have to be punished. Not everyone have the clear heart as Holy people. Even what can holy people do fir pure humens. Only Holy people with there prayer to God can make change.

Muslims donot believe in Bible and old testiments currently in your hands. As these arenot what Jesus said or even what Moses said.

Open your minds and think logically, and donot just say it is faith. Most of you are uneasy in parts of your religion, but if you know the truth you will be relieved. You are educated people, see what islam says. What Mohamed tought, What Holy Quran asked for. What Jesus said in holy quran when God asked him, you told your followers to take him as god, and jesus said no. Search the for truth until you are relieved, You willnot lose anything to read abot other religion.

Wake up, there is no time and life is short
You will never be convinced because you are steadfast in your beliefs and at the end of the day, that's fine. :)

jonny

ahmedhelmy said:
We believe what we see and analyse it. Faith without evidence is nonsense.
No. Faith without evidence is still faith. Faith is a hope in that which is not seen but is true. All religion is based partially on belief in things that cannot be proven - even your religion.

ahmedhelmy said:
I personally had a group Muslim men hold me up with a knife because I was a Christian while I was in Germany. They told me to get out of the neighborhood because Christians were not welcome. I know that a small group's actions do not represent the entire religion and I met many Muslims that were very kind people. Please forgive me if this experience has slightly skewed my opinion on your religion being a religion of peace that dispises hatred. I personally felt the hatred and it scared me to death.

blueman

God's Warrior
ahmedhelmy said:
What is your belief and What is my belief. I know your belief, but you donot know mine. Know mine then judge
Was I assuming too much to think that your beliefs did not align with mine? I never judged. I said, at the end of the day, that's fine. How was that judging or condeming your beliefs in any way, shape or form?:)

Melody

ahmedhelmy said:
It is because you are already convinced that your belief system makes sense and, therefore, the Christian belief system is false. That's fine. I feel the same way about Mohammed, the Quran and Islam. We all have to follow what we feel to be true.

ahmedhelmy said:
Then there is one God, and there is there one God, why should he need a son......
Open *your* mind and have faith that God can do whatever He chooses to do. If He decides to fashion His form into a human man, then obviously He can do it. This is not a creation of God. It *is* God. Yes, Jesus can die since he was the human manifestation of God with all of humanities frailties of physical form.

ahmedhelmy said:

<snip>
Perhaps you're just having difficulty expressing what you mean, but first you say Muslims believe in the Bible and then you say they don't. Which is it? Also I see no logic in you believing in Jesus since all we know of Jesus is in the Bible. If you don't believe the Bible...where Jesus says many times that He is God...then why do you believe in Jesus at all.

ahmedhelmy said:
What Jesus said in holy quran when God asked him, you told your followers to take him as god, and jesus said no. Search the for truth until you are relieved, You willnot lose anything to read abot other religion.
I do not believe that Mohammed was a prophet, nor do I believe the Quran is God's Word. If I did, I'd be Muslim....not Christian.