• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't science prove...

Mattel Introduces Mind Controlled Game - PSFK
Here is a game soon to be released as well as Lucas Arts releasing a game of nearly the exact same thing. It's technology such as this that paves the way to further research being done deeper into the human psyche. It has been said that humans only use approximately 13% of their brain power and that perhaps people like Einstein were the exception to this, allowing for the mathematical equations and theories which are math related. I will try to find the medical version of this as well, just wanted to get this out since someone on here was so quick to dismiss all of this as me not knowing what I was talking about.

Role of bedside electroencephalography in the adult intensive care unit during therapeutic neuromuscular blockade
and here is an article for electroencephalography, much AKIN to telepathy and psychic abilities. I believe with further research into this technology we will have a better understanding of psychic abilities and find that they are not so far fetched as some "blinded" idiots would choose to believe. So I believe you have here the requirements you asked from me so where are the implications now????

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Role of bedside electroencephalography in the adult intensive care unit during therapeutic neuromuscular blockade
and here is an article for electroencephalography, much AKIN to telepathy and psychic abilities. I believe with further research into this technology we will have a better understanding of psychic abilities and find that they are not so far fetched as some "blinded" idiots would choose to believe. So I believe you have here the requirements you asked from me so where are the implications now????
Yes, electroencephalography (EEG) is a well established medical diagnostic tool for monitoring brain wave activity.
No, EEG is not akin to telepathy or psychic abilities.
No, EEG is not proof of biofeedback.

Yes, electroencephalography (EEG) is a well established medical diagnostic tool for monitoring brain wave activity.
No, EEG is not akin to telepathy or psychic abilities.
No, EEG is not proof of biofeedback.

And how is it not AKIN to psychic abilities such as telekinesis? Both use brainwaves to "move" objects. In every post you have done nothing but try to discredit people instead of actually lending a little credit to people for actually trying to give a little insight. Like I said with more research we will more than likely unlock some of the mysteries of the human brain and it's unseen abilities. Are you just stuck in your views so much that you can't give anyone a little leeway? Does the prospect of science prevailing scare you so much that you can't see that we are more than what we can see? Or is it that you can't think for yourself, or have no imagination to concieve of anything that isnt written and might just simply be? Possibilities are what allow man to scientifically do the things we do now with technology. Possibility is what gives us hope of the future as well as understanding the past. If everything were Is or not is then mankind would be in a sad state of affairs indeed! Glad you are not a part of the scientific community!!!

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
And how is it not AKIN to psychic abilities such as telekinesis? Both use brainwaves to "move" objects.
Well, first of all there's zero evidence for psychokinesis; that's the most important difference. EEGs are linked directly to the subject; no electromagneticism emanates beyond the cranium. It takes sensitive devices to even pick up anything. Psychokinesis is nonsense (as is biofeedback); there's no comparison to EEGs.
In every post you have done nothing but try to discredit people instead of actually lending a little credit to people for actually trying to give a little insight.
Tumbleweed41 can defend himself but I have to say in every post he's given actual evidence and argued well for his position. Elucidating an issue is not discrediting; giving the facts on an issue is not discrediting.
Like I said with more research we will more than likely unlock some of the mysteries of the human brain and it's unseen abilities.
What unseens abilities? Like telepathy or psychokinesis which has been aggressively scientifically studied for over a century with absolutely nothing to show for it?
Are you just stuck in your views so much that you can't give anyone a little leeway? Does the prospect of science prevailing scare you so much that you can't see that we are more than what we can see?
How does one possibly study that which is "more than we can see"? If it falls into the empirical universe it can be studied, if not, it's philosophy.
Or is it that you can't think for yourself, or have no imagination to concieve of anything that isnt written and might just simply be?
Silly ad hom'. What takes imagination is to actually contemplate how fascinating the material universe is and not populate it with all manner of nonsense like psychic powers that have never even hinted at existing.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And how is it not AKIN to psychic abilities such as telekinesis? Both use brainwaves to "move" objects. In every post you have done nothing but try to discredit people instead of actually lending a little credit to people for actually trying to give a little insight. Like I said with more research we will more than likely unlock some of the mysteries of the human brain and it's unseen abilities. Are you just stuck in your views so much that you can't give anyone a little leeway? Does the prospect of science prevailing scare you so much that you can't see that we are more than what we can see? Or is it that you can't think for yourself, or have no imagination to concieve of anything that isnt written and might just simply be? Possibilities are what allow man to scientifically do the things we do now with technology. Possibility is what gives us hope of the future as well as understanding the past. If everything were Is or not is then mankind would be in a sad state of affairs indeed! Glad you are not a part of the scientific community!!!
On the contrary, I am very much for the prevalence of science.
The simple fact is that electrodes that monitor brain wave activity, resulting in those measurements being translated into movement or graphing through artificial means has nothing to do whatsoever with moving object distantly through the power of thought alone.
There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this could occur. In fact, simple physics, and the actual measurements of neural activity and brain waves prove that telekinesis, and telepathy are imposable.
There is no empirical evidence of it ever occurring.
This is not denial, this is acceptance of evidence and facts.
This is not to say that eventually (or in the case of the "thought" controlled games, currently) artificial means cannot be used to accomplish nearly the same effects. However, unassisted physic abilities are physically imposable.
Unless, of course, you want to include the supernatural in your conclusions, but then we can just throw science out the window.

Then I am truly sorry to see the blindness or close minded views of y'all. Ancient Egyptians had a concept of telekinesis, which at one time was a possibility for the creation of the pyramids, but has since gone by the wayside. As for unseen abilities they are exactly that...UNSEEN. And Philosophy can be studied as well as the physical universe. Without philosophy we would not learn to question and debate views to come to a better understanding of the universe and how it affects us. Philosophy is studied as it is a course in many colleges around the world and has become a fundamental aspect of human advancements and technological advancements. It takes a courage to create and courage to invision, not just to accept only what you see.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Scientific inquiry is not blind or close minded. In fact, it is the possibility of things yet known that drives scientific inquiry. These "blinded" idiots, as you call them, (and me?), look at what may be.
However, when a possibility is falsified, it is wisely set aside in favor of other possibilities.
It is this method that has brought us from ignorance to where we are now.
We do not "blindly" dismiss an idea. However, any hypothesis must be backed by predictably, and be in line with current proven facts, such as those found in physics and biology.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Then I am truly sorry to see the blindness or close minded views of y'all. Ancient Egyptians had a concept of telekinesis, which at one time was a possibility for the creation of the pyramids, but has since gone by the wayside.
:confused: What in the hell does this have to do with anything? :confused:
The ancient Egyptians had many concepts that were nonsense- why is telekinesis relevant? We know quite well how the pyramids were built and suffice it to say telekinesis or alien technology wasn't involved.
As for unseen abilities they are exactly that...UNSEEN.
That was my point, I was talking about empiricism.
And Philosophy can be studied as well as the physical universe. Without philosophy we would not learn to question and debate views to come to a better understanding of the universe and how it affects us. Philosophy is studied as it is a course in many colleges around the world and has become a fundamental aspect of human advancements and technological advancements. It takes a courage to create and courage to invision, not just to accept only what you see.
It's not just what you see, but what can be evidentially supported via science or logically supported via philosophy.

Cobblestones

Devoid of Ettiquette
Telepathy or collective consciousness?

I do not believe it is something exclusively divine, but is innate in the brain, either under developed or a repressed ability from our past.

We can transmit waves and receive waves with our TV, radio, satelites, etc... and so too can we with thought. It is all forms of energy, so why can't we prove this with science?
This is where your thinking is muddled. "I do not believe it is something..." Belief being the basis for your argument implies that you have no evidence. The reason you have no evidence is that there is none. If there was, there would be something measurable which science could examine and either "prove" or "disprove." Without something measurable, there is no opportunity to "prove" (or rather "explain") something. This is not the fault of "science" (as the subject line implies) but simply a fact of life.

As soon as anyone proposes something that begins with "I believe" I take it as evidence that they are not beginning from a rational viewpoint. Rational arguments begin with "I think" and then go on to give the data to support the thought.

Last edited:

Venatoris

And how is it not AKIN to psychic abilities such as telekinesis? Both use brainwaves to "move" objects.

Like I said with more research we will more than likely unlock some of the mysteries of the human brain and it's unseen abilities.

These technologies are equatable to crossing a thumbprint scanner with a video game calibration program. I tell you to think about something specific and look at your brain wave patterns(this pattern becomes the thumbprint). I tell a computer to perform a specific function when it recognizes this pattern. This is not telekinesis because you are not moving anything with your brain alone. You are not exerting external influence with your brain, the computer is scanning your brain and performing the function I have instructed it to. The problem with the technology is that brainwave patterns fluctuate to a certain degree regardless of how focused your thoughts are. This makes the results unsurprisingly haphazard.

We are not unlocking hidden powers within the brain, we are simply using what we know currently about the brain to perform new functions with technology. Comparing this to telekinesis is like comparing cable television to wireless internet. I will also say definitively that this kind of technology in no way relates to telepathy. Computers can scan a persons brain, humans can't.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
:confused: What in the hell does this have to do with anything? :confused:
The ancient Egyptians had many concepts that were nonsense- why is telekinesis relevant? We know quite well how the pyramids were built and suffice it to say telekinesis or alien technology wasn't involved.

Oh, really? I'd love to hear how thousands of workers could move stones weighing many tons without using telekinesis. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? :facepalm:

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
Oh, really? I'd love to hear how thousands of workers could move stones weighing many tons without using telekinesis. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? :facepalm:

How about you open up your mind a little... They used the power crystals from atlantis obviously. Soon enough science will validate this and you'll look foolish.

Venatoris

You people probably think I use a computer to post my thoughts.

Of course you do! The real question is, do you use your fingers to type out your thoughts or use the power of your mind to make words magically appear on the screen?

dogsgod

Of course you do! The real question is, do you use your fingers to type out your thoughts or use the power of your mind to make words magically appear on the screen?
You probably think my computer, if I use one, is connected to the internet as well.