• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can humans not see Allah? (God)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This evening i been study sufi scripture about why we can not see Allah (God)
And this following text caught my attention

The truth of the oneness of Being can be fully known only by being experienced spiritually. When the veil of the ego is removed within the human being, the inner Divine Spark sees and knows the Divine everywhere behind the veils of multiplicity. God becomes the eye with which the human being sees, and the human being becomes the eye with which God sees the world. In reality God is the light with which we see all things. That is why we cannot see Him in the ordinary sense. As Mal).miid Shabistari, the fourteenth-century Persian Sufi poet, said in a celebrated verse in his Rose Garden of Divine Mysteries: , 38 THE GARDEN OF TRUTH

Thou art like the eye and He the light of the eye, Who has ever been able. to see with the eye that with which the eye sees?
The Garden of Truth: The Vision and Promise of Sufism, Islam's Mystical Tradition (diri.org.bd)

This made it so much more clear to me why we can not see Allah but it also calmed me down so much to understand that even i am not able to see Him personally everything around me is of Allah.
I do not have to look for Him, because He is already in front of me.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This evening i been study sufi scripture about why we can not see Allah (God)
And this following text caught my attention

The truth of the oneness of Being can be fully known only by being experienced spiritually. When the veil of the ego is removed within the human being, the inner Divine Spark sees and knows the Divine everywhere behind the veils of multiplicity. God becomes the eye with which the human being sees, and the human being becomes the eye with which God sees the world. In reality God is the light with which we see all things. That is why we cannot see Him in the ordinary sense. As Mal).miid Shabistari, the fourteenth-century Persian Sufi poet, said in a celebrated verse in his Rose Garden of Divine Mysteries: , 38 THE GARDEN OF TRUTH

Thou art like the eye and He the light of the eye, Who has ever been able. to see with the eye that with which the eye sees?
The Garden of Truth: The Vision and Promise of Sufism, Islam's Mystical Tradition (diri.org.bd)

This made it so much more clear to me why we can not see Allah but it also calmed me down so much to understand that even i am not able to see Him personally everything around me is of Allah.

Hm. Is it possible to experience part of god?

If not, it sounds like a very difficult process to be one with god if not impossible if one can't get beyond ego without his help, no?

.... Unless you can received his help without yet being egoless.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Allah is in front if you if you are connected to Him, and obviously you are....:)
When people like me lose that connection Allah is nowhere to be found. :(
Let's face it, I have some issues with Allah, but at least I know they are my issues, not His.
And I am sure Allah knows what those issues are and why I have them.

Speaking of being near or far from Allah, I think you will like the following passage:

"Meditate on what the poet hath written: “Wonder not, if my Best-Beloved be closer to me than mine own self; wonder at this, that I, despite such nearness, should still be so far from Him.”… Considering what God hath revealed, that “We are closer to man than his life-vein,” the poet hath, in allusion to this verse, stated that, though the revelation of my Best-Beloved hath so permeated my being that He is closer to me than my life-vein, yet, notwithstanding my certitude of its reality and my recognition of my station, I am still so far removed from Him. By this he meaneth that his heart, which is the seat of the All-Merciful and the throne wherein abideth the splendor of His revelation, is forgetful of its Creator, hath strayed from His path, hath shut out itself from His glory, and is stained with the defilement of earthly desires.

It should be remembered in this connection that the one true God is in Himself exalted beyond and above proximity and remoteness. His reality transcendeth such limitations. His relationship to His creatures knoweth no degrees. That some are near and others are far is to be ascribed to the manifestations themselves.

That the heart is the throne, in which the Revelation of God the All-Merciful is centered, is attested by the holy utterances which We have formerly revealed.

Among them is this saying: “Earth and heaven cannot contain Me; what can alone contain Me is the heart of him that believeth in Me, and is faithful to My Cause.” How often hath the human heart, which is the recipient of the light of God and the seat of the revelation of the All-Merciful, erred from Him Who is the Source of that light and the Well Spring of that revelation. It is the waywardness of the heart that removeth it far from God, and condemneth it to remoteness from Him. Those hearts, however, that are aware of His Presence, are close to Him, and are to be regarded as having drawn nigh unto His throne.

Consider, moreover, how frequently doth man become forgetful of his own self, whilst God remaineth, through His all-encompassing knowledge, aware of His creature, and continueth to shed upon him the manifest radiance of His glory. It is evident, therefore, that, in such circumstances, He is closer to him than his own self. He will, indeed, so remain for ever, for, whereas the one true God knoweth all things, perceiveth all things, and comprehendeth all things, mortal man is prone to err, and is ignorant of the mysteries that lie enfolded within him." Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 185-186

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. that even I am not able to see Him personally everything around me is of Allah.
You see things that exist around you. In my Advaita (non-dual) view also we see that all things that exist are constituted by the same (partially explained - closest to physical energy) entity. But why call it God and attribute additional properties to it (like it chose Mohammad to be his messenger, like it is merciful and bountiful when we see so much cruelty and poverty in the world)?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
God seen by illumination history as states of burning. Alight. Light.

Gas in science about creation was told by its human thinker is not abstract as a human from living within creation. Thinks for science falsely abstract.

Gas history burning colder gases now cold not seen.

Mind says gods spirits evolved.

Spirit not seen very cold.

Ice the newly born state. You don't see cold you see the reasoning of cold. Mass held solid form. Ice.

Ice newly formed newly born on earth saved the life body spirits of God the earth. Gases.

A human scientific teaching preaching.

In life water mass warmed is seen. As sea or rivers lakes.
In heavens life water is not seen.

Informed between what you see and what you cannot see. Spirit in creation. Gas states.

Heard voice. Heard sounds. Recorded heavenly condition records man human image and man human voice. Records sounds.

Thesis creation by a theme a creator is a self man theme thought by men human to apply science.

The created did not speak

Record. The records speak. Pre owned lived life. Is recorded. The state living human aware by heavens status by self life recorded.

Living life being recorded. Pre lived now deceased human life also recorded. Two factors given to human consciously aware. Living life not a spirit is bio formed is living when lived life deceased.

Mind says overcame human death because of recording state.

First man scientist did not theory God in science as a being. They theoried earth mountains and UFO ark radiation converting.

After they tried to emulate natural history which is ludicrous they became self male possessed by scientific thesis itself gas spirit conditions only pondered by a living man thinking.

Reason coldest gas is not alight. Have to be living to idealise coldest gas as a state. God's highest form is cold so has to exist as creation advice.

Man in science thesis told self that man was God for a science reasoning versus science that removed God states cold.

Always claiming he him I or me as man male defined description.

Science by man now says a gas is just a gas.

Old science said a gas was a spirit as compared to firmament or form.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
But why call it God and attribute additional properties to it (like it chose Mohammad to be his messenger, like it is merciful and bountiful when we see so much cruelty and poverty in the world)?
o_O on those additional properties, when we see so much cruelty and poverty in the world.:confused:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hm. Is it possible to experience part of god?

If not, it sounds like a very difficult process to be one with god if not impossible if one can't get beyond ego without his help, no?

.... Unless you can received his help without yet being egoless.
In my understanding, we can not physically see God, but by prayer and deep contemplation we can reach a conection with God.
I think humans can go beyond ego even without the "help" of God, but it is very difficult both with Gods help and especially without His help

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Allah is in front if you if you are connected to Him, and obviously you are....:)
When people like me lose that connection Allah is nowhere to be found. :(
Let's face it, I have some issues with Allah, but at least I know they are my issues, not His.
And I am sure Allah knows what those issues are and why I have them.

Speaking of being near or far from Allah, I think you will like the following passage:

"Meditate on what the poet hath written: “Wonder not, if my Best-Beloved be closer to me than mine own self; wonder at this, that I, despite such nearness, should still be so far from Him.”… Considering what God hath revealed, that “We are closer to man than his life-vein,” the poet hath, in allusion to this verse, stated that, though the revelation of my Best-Beloved hath so permeated my being that He is closer to me than my life-vein, yet, notwithstanding my certitude of its reality and my recognition of my station, I am still so far removed from Him. By this he meaneth that his heart, which is the seat of the All-Merciful and the throne wherein abideth the splendor of His revelation, is forgetful of its Creator, hath strayed from His path, hath shut out itself from His glory, and is stained with the defilement of earthly desires.

It should be remembered in this connection that the one true God is in Himself exalted beyond and above proximity and remoteness. His reality transcendeth such limitations. His relationship to His creatures knoweth no degrees. That some are near and others are far is to be ascribed to the manifestations themselves.

That the heart is the throne, in which the Revelation of God the All-Merciful is centered, is attested by the holy utterances which We have formerly revealed.

Among them is this saying: “Earth and heaven cannot contain Me; what can alone contain Me is the heart of him that believeth in Me, and is faithful to My Cause.” How often hath the human heart, which is the recipient of the light of God and the seat of the revelation of the All-Merciful, erred from Him Who is the Source of that light and the Well Spring of that revelation. It is the waywardness of the heart that removeth it far from God, and condemneth it to remoteness from Him. Those hearts, however, that are aware of His Presence, are close to Him, and are to be regarded as having drawn nigh unto His throne.

Consider, moreover, how frequently doth man become forgetful of his own self, whilst God remaineth, through His all-encompassing knowledge, aware of His creature, and continueth to shed upon him the manifest radiance of His glory. It is evident, therefore, that, in such circumstances, He is closer to him than his own self. He will, indeed, so remain for ever, for, whereas the one true God knoweth all things, perceiveth all things, and comprehendeth all things, mortal man is prone to err, and is ignorant of the mysteries that lie enfolded within him." Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 185-186
I do find the text you provieded to hold a lot of truth :) Thank you for sharing @Trailblazer
One day you find back to Allah, I would think he is right there waiting for you to come back :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You see things that exist around you. In my Advaita (non-dual) view also we see that all things that exist are constituted by the same (partially explained - closest to physical energy) entity. But why call it God and attribute additional properties to it (like it chose Mohammad to be his messenger, like it is merciful and bountiful when we see so much cruelty and poverty in the world)?
The cruelty in this world should show each on of us how not to be toward others. It is fully possible to learn from what seems to be wrong in this world. To aknowledge the bad and learn from it, and embrace the love of this world so we can use our love to give to those who struggle. that to me is important

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A question arise when i read your reply.

Can a Baha`i practice the teaching without believing in Allah?
I suppose they could as there would be nobody stopping them from teaching the Baha'i Faith.
I have heard that there are Baha'is who don't believe in Allah but I cannot understand how they could be Baha'is and not believe in Allah since Baha'u'llah was a Manifestation of Allah and His whole mission was to serve Allah.

“I have offered up My soul and My body as a sacrifice for God, the Lord of all worlds. Whoso hath known God shall know none but Him, and he that feareth God shall be afraid of no one except Him, though the powers of the whole earth rise up and be arrayed against him. I speak naught except at His bidding, and follow not, through the power of God and His might, except His truth. He, verily, shall recompense the truthful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 126

But some people become Baha'is not for Allah but because they like the lofty Baha'i message of the unity of mankind and world peace, etc. Honestly, that is why I became a Baha'i over 50 years ago, and it was only within the last eight years that I started reading what Baha'u'llah wrote about Allah and started taking it seriously, and now I have a great fear of God. :eek: