• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who wrote the book of Hebrews

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well, seems as if you have more knowledge than anyone else to prove Paul did Not write Hebrews.
Isn't it the point that God is the AUTHOR of the Bible according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ________________

See, I understand that the theological perspective in Christianity is that this is gods word. I am not a Christian. But I don’t intend to debate gods word in this thread. It is a historical approach and I wish to see members like you give informed perspectives.

I hope you understand.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Actually the author tells the recipients that the community in Italy is fine.
Which implies that the author either has seen them recently or lives there with them.;)

It says as you know "those from Italy". This phraseology as you very well know is not used to speak like in English where we say "we from Italy", but it says "those from Italy" as in to refer to people who came from Italy.

But when thinking of possibilities, anything can be a possibility I suppose. One could even think of possibilities that one is pretending to know some people from Italy to look good, and another could think of some other possibilities. Hope you understand that possibilities can be so far and wide. :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
There is no way to know for certain but according to Dake’s notes he claims it to be Paul and gives some reasons.

Date and place: Written from Rome about 68 A.D., along with Galatians and 2 Timothy.

Author: Arguments for Paul’s authorship are:

1. The thoughts and reasonings are Paul’s. Any difference in style is due to his writing to Jews as a Jew and not to Gentile churches as in other epistles. Furthermore, the translation of the book into Greek by Luke may account for some change in style.

2. Peter confirms the fact that Paul wrote an epistle to Jews (2Pe 3:15-16).

3. The book of Hebrews is ascribed to him by over 100 ancient writers in both Greek and Latin, from 70 to 73 A.D.

4. It was received as Paul’s by the council of Laodicea (363 A.D.), by the council of Carthage (397 A.D.), by the Syrian churches (370 A.D.), and generally by the Greeks and Eastern churches from the earliest centuries.

Thanks for a good post. Finis Dake was a Charismatic church pastor. Anyway, I will address your points one by one.

1. This false. Writing style is not differentiated by the addressee. This guy is just stating some response to literary criticism but its like a chat over the fence, not scholarly. This is not how anyone makes an informed analysis. And what is that statement "translation fo the book into greek"? Does not this guy have any study on this subject? Writing style of a book is analysed by form, technique, tone/voice, structure, and there is a science behind this.

2. Nope. Second Peter does not speak of Hebrews. Also, now you have to establish the authorship of 2nd Peter. A new thread for that discussion? What you say? You should know that 2nd Peter is also called pseudo clementines. And you should know what "Pseudo" means.

3. Please list this so called 100 writers who are from the 70's AD. Who were they? What are their writings? What are the manuscripts available? Go ahead.

4. All of those councils you have cited are 4th century. If the acceptance of the church is your benchmark, then you have to accept the Trinity, and the Popes deification, that Mary is Theotokos. Not good reasoning.

Also brother, Finis Dake was convicted of illegal importation of a young girl for sexual exploitation and he was caught going to so many hotels with this girl. He was a part of the AOG, and they themselves removed him.

Cheers.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Thanks for a good post. Finis Dake was a Charismatic church pastor. Anyway, I will address your points one by one.

1. This false. Writing style is not differentiated by the addressee. This guy is just stating some response to literary criticism but its like a chat over the fence, not scholarly. This is not how anyone makes an informed analysis. And what is that statement "translation fo the book into greek"? Does not this guy have any study on this subject? Writing style of a book is analysed by form, technique, tone/voice, structure, and there is a science behind this.

2. Nope. Second Peter does not speak of Hebrews. Also, now you have to establish the authorship of 2nd Peter. A new thread for that discussion? What you say? You should know that 2nd Peter is also called pseudo clementines. And you should know what "Pseudo" means.

3. Please list this so called 100 writers who are from the 70's AD. Who were they? What are their writings? What are the manuscripts available? Go ahead.

4. All of those councils you have cited are 4th century. If the acceptance of the church is your benchmark, then you have to accept the Trinity, and the Popes deification, that Mary is Theotokos. Not good reasoning.

Also brother, Finis Dake was convicted of illegal importation of a young girl for sexual exploitation and he was caught going to so many hotels with this girl. He was a part of the AOG, and they themselves removed him.

Cheers.

Thanks for pointing out the conviction.

Cheers.

Thanks for that information. I deleted the post. Apologies as I never thought to check. I usually think the best of people.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks for that information. I deleted the post. Apologies as I never thought to check. I usually think the best of people.

Brroooo. Dont delete your post brother. It is not necessary. I love your thought, but we are only discussing brother. We learn everyday from each other. You do not have to delete your post.

Honoured laka akhi. Cheers.