• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would you like to see run in '08?

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
The main reason I support McCain is his anti-war stance. Too late to keep us out of Iraq--but maybe he could keep us out of Iran, North Korea...etc.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
He would be totally awesome, I think that the Libertarians would make a great administration.

Too bad third party political parties won't gain enough support to ever get elected, or get anything done if elected.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
I think that if the libertarian movement started to gain support at local and state levels first and then move into the house and senate and then put a person in the white house a lot could be accomplished. But that’s asking for a lot. Like people to vote in their local communities.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Rejected said:
I think that if the libertarian movement started to gain support at local and state levels first and then move into the house and senate and then put a person in the white house a lot could be accomplished. But that’s asking for a lot. Like people to vote in their local communities.

Heh.

I'm with you on that, unfortunately I can't hold my breath for it. Working towards the cause is a good start though =) Anarchy in the bi-partisan system, I say.

A

angellous_evangellous

I'd like to see Phil (aka Sunstone) run in 2008. Bout time to see someone with a good head on his shoulders and a quality woman by his side.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
angellous_evangellous said:
I'd like to see Phil (aka Sunstone) run in 2008. Bout time to see someone with a good head on his shoulders and a quality woman by his side.

As in Sunstone that posts on this forum?

uu_sage

Noam Chomsky
Howard Zinn
Noami Wolf
Dennis Kucinich
Ralph Nader
Jello Biafra
Michael Parenti
Janice Jordan
Pat LaMarche
Holly Near
Leonard Peltier

Nehustan

Noam for President!!!! Take down the Stars and stripes and raise the black flag. Washington, Barcelona style...interesting.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Honestly I'd vote for Hilary over anyone else if me was a Yankee.

Her husband was the best president of the last 2 decades... i.e. he kept his hands to himself (figuratively at least)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
John McCain would be awesome.

I might even be convinced to vote for Jeb (that is NOT a typo), but he would have to show me that he is NOT beholden to the same "Good ol' Boy" network of his brother. I think he is more like his Father.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
NetDoc said:

I might even be convinced to vote for Jeb (that is NOT a typo), but he would have to show me that he is NOT beholden to the same "Good ol' Boy" network of his brother. I think he is more like his Father.

Wait....that's supposed to be better?

A

angellous_evangellous

NetDoc said:

I would vote for McCain but not Jeb.

We've had enough Bush. :(

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
MaddLlama said:
Wait....that's supposed to be better?
I almost voted for Papa Bush... he wasn't a liar and he wasn't inherently evil. I did vote for Reagan (twice) and some may have mistakenly taken my incredibly hard line against Shrub as me being anti-Republican or some such nonsense. Shrub is more corrupt than Clinton AND Nixon combined.

Jeb has shown himself to be quite centrist. IOW, he is a FLORIDIAN first and has no big business or religious agenda that he is trying to stuff down our throats. He is barely a Republican, which is fine by me. I must admit that I don't believe that I have voted for him to be our Governor, but I wholly approve of his job so far!​