• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Will Pay Trump's $454 million Bond and What Favors Will They Ask in Return?

Wandering Monk

So, we need to pay attention to who pays Trump's bonds in the various court judgments against him. If they are paid through covert channels that go back to Putin, Xi, Kim, Saudi Arabia, or Orban we have a real problem. Trump would be in their debt and who knows what they may ask him to do. I suspect he has already given classified information to hostile foreign governments and this is one reason he fought so hard against returning documents to NARA.

Ignatius A

So, we need to pay attention to who pays Trump's bonds in the various court judgments against him. If they are paid through covert channels that go back to Putin, Xi, Kim, Saudi Arabia, or Orban we have a real problem. Trump would be in their debt and who knows what they may ask him to do. I suspect he has already given classified information to hostile foreign governments and this is one reason he fought so hard against returning documents to NARA.

As if Brandon isnt already working for Xi.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Granted, it's an opinion piece, but I find it interesting that it's featured by Bloomberg.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe Elon Musk? I mean, he spent billions to buy Twitter just so he could reinstate Donald Trump's Twitter account.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The opinion piece summarizes:

So the going is likely to get rough for Trump as this plays out, and he’s likely to become more financially desperate with each passing day. That’s going to make him easy prey for interested lenders — and an easy mark for overseas interests eager to influence US policy.​

My question is: will who pays be public record?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think the American people have a right to know the full extent and truth of any candidate’s financial situation. Anyone who applies for a job that requires security clearance has their financial situation evaluated. They are rejected if they have substantial debt. The reason is they are vulnerable for influence by American adversaries.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Of course, but will who pays be public record?
Absolutely. If some public figure deposits half a billion dollars in a bank account and they are running for office it’s in the public interest to know where it came from. And I would say wherever those funds came from are directly tied to the candidate.

And what is the agreement? Is it secured by assets or a gift (bribe)?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Of course, but will who pays be public record?

Absolutely. If some public figure deposits half a billion dollars in a bank account and they are running for office it’s in the public interest to know where it came from. And I would say wherever those funds came from are directly tied to the candidate.

And what is the agreement? Is it secured by assets or a gift (bribe)?
Maybe I'm being unclear.
I'm asking
"will it be public record?",​
not
"should it be public record?"​

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Maybe Elon Musk? I mean, he spent billions to buy Twitter just so he could reinstate Donald Trump's Twitter account.
Musk did an interview with Don Lemon and said he won't finance Trump's legal fees. I heard Trump asked Musk if he wanted to [buy] Truth Social, that's also a pass.

Donnie's in a big old' hole. IIRC, a news report stated his campaign are 60% less compared to the last time he ran.

[added missing word]

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It is indeed true that financial stress &
vulnerability are risk factors for corruption.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
CBS highlights two interesting points.
  1. "Defendants' argument that obtaining a full bond is purportedly impossible is based on the false premise that they must obtain a single bond from a single surety for the entire judgment amount of $464 million," Fan wrote. "But appealing parties may bond large judgments by dividing the bond amount among multiple sureties, thereby limiting any individual surety's risk to a smaller sum, such as $100 or $200 million apiece." [source]
  2. Fan also criticized two letters submitted along with Trump's Monday filing, the first from insurance broker Gary Giulietti. Fan pointed out that Giulietti testified during the fraud trial and was later criticized by the judge. ... [furthermore] "He was personally involved in the fraudulent and illegal conduct that gave rise to the judgment in this case," Fan wrote, citing Engoron's Feb. 16 ruling handing down the judgment. [ibid]
The bottom line seems to be ...
  • "As far as the Court can infer, sureties may have refused to accept defendants' specific holdings as collateral because using Mr. Trump's real estate will generally need 'a property appraisal' and his holdings are not nearly as valuable as defendants claim," Fan wrote. [ibid]

F1fan

Veteran Member
Any foreign company or agency would be a gift to the Biden campaign and the Never Trumpers. They would plaster ads 24/7 about Trump being owned by x-country.
That’s the calculation that willing foreign actors are doing. If Trump loses he is not only worth nothing but becomes a liability.

Any appeal comes after the election and he still has criminal charges pending.

Wandering Monk

Alina Habba refuses to answer if Trump is receiving money from Russia to pay bond.

"Is there any effort on the part of your team to secure this money through another country? Saudi Arabia or Russia, as Joy Behar seems to think?" MacCallum asked.​
"Well there's rules and regulations that are public, I can't speak about strategy," Habba replied.​
MacCallum was referring to a segment earlier in the day on the ABC show The View, when host Joy Behar said, "No one wants to lend [Trump] the money, in this country anyway, who knows what will happen with Russia or Saudi Arabia," in response to a discussion of Trump's reported lack of funds to pay the bond in the NY civil case.​
Responding to Behar's seemingly unfounded assertion that Trump may be asking foreign governments for help to pay his bond should have been a slam dunk for Habba, who simply had to answer with a resounding "no" to kill the story.​