• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Was The Women That Cain Married?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
so cain bore enoch? enoch the great? enoch that didnt die but was taken by god? say it isnt so lol.. as much as i thought i knew the bible.. i never really paid much attention to genesis.. because to me its just stories.. much like how a grandfather tells tall tales to his grandkids.

off topic.. soz

Nope. 2 different Enochs. The Enoch you speak of lived in Noah's time. Cain's son Enoch lived long before that.

Where Did This Women Come From ?
Hotep

According to Judeo-Christian Mythology, Cain was one man, and he had no immediate sisters. So assuming he did not marry his sister and there were no other humans on Earth in 4004 BC, he had to marry a non-human but a non-human of close enough DNA match to be viable. Today we would call that a Chimpanzee.

Back then it might have been some not yete extinct Homo neanderthals, erecti, heidelbergensis, antecessor, or mayby with a little stretch a Homo habilis or even Australopithecus. It might explain why some girls are rather hirsuite with buck teeth.:)

Amhairghine

greentwiga

One interesting thought is that God made humans, both male and female - some unknown amount of them - in Gen 1:27. Then in Gen 2, He made Adam and Eve spiritually alive. There were other humans from the Gen 1 creation, possibly thousands of years previously. Cain married one of those women.

nour1

According to Judeo-Christian Mythology, Cain was one man, and he had no immediate sisters. So assuming he did not marry his sister and there were no other humans on Earth in 4004 BC, he had to marry a non-human but a non-human of close enough DNA match to be viable. Today we would call that a Chimpanzee.

Back then it might have been some not yete extinct Homo neanderthals, erecti, heidelbergensis, antecessor, or mayby with a little stretch a Homo habilis or even Australopithecus. It might explain why some girls are rather hirsuite with buck teeth.:)

Amhairghine

according to our knowledge , muslim knowledge , Cain(Qab IL)and his brother Abel(Ihab IL) were born as follow : Qab IL was created when Adam and Eve were in the paradise , but he was Born after they leave it , that s why his name was QAB IL , QAB means in semitique language THE NEAREST , ABEL(IHAB IL) was a benediction of god to ADAM and Eve GOD gave them a second kids to help them in this eart after CAIN killed his brother ABEL ,he left the house of his Father and went far from , then god brought Eve to give Adam 34 twinees , in each time she gave him one boy one girl , 34 by 2 means 68 plus 2 equal to 70 kids . the life of Adam was so long and his kids two thene there was enought time for each one to find a wife between his brothers or sisters ,this was the begining of the life of human kind on earth

Shianah

(Genesis 1:26) The God said, "Let us make humanity in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild beasts and all the reptiles that crawl upon the earth."
(1: 27) The God created humanity in the image of themselves, In the image of the Gods they created them, Male and female they created them.
(1:28) The God blessed them, saying to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and conquer it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all living animals on the earth."

Now this is before God starts his experiment in Eden. These people weren't created from the dust or from a rib, they were created and told to multiply, and be masters of the earth. The next chapter is where Yahweh begins the garden.

(Gen 2:7) God fashioned a man of dust from the soil. Then he breathed into his nostrils a breath of life, and thus the man became a living being.
(2:8) God planted a garden in Eden which is in the east, and there he put the man he had fashioned.
(2:9) God caused to spring up from the soil every kind of tree, enticing to look at and good to eat, with the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the middle of the garden.
(2:15)God took the man and settled him in the garden of Eden to cultivate and take care of it.

In my interpretation of the book, there is another group of god made beings outside of the creation experiment of Eden. Living, having babies, etc. Now on Cain:

(4:16) Cain left the presence of God and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

I don't really understand how one can leave the presence of an omnipresent God but anyways, He settled in the land of Nod where there were already people. Did Adam and Eve populate an entire other land before Cain left the presence of God?

I believe that there were another set of peoples, that Cain left God's experiment and went to live with these other people. Where he met his wife, had a son then founded his own city.

Last edited:

Shianah

Then inform me, I will listen to rational thought, I do not like people saying that I'm wrong just for sake of saying I'm wrong.

Give me a reason why it is not plural in this case and is plural in others. Explain.

Don't just presume I'm an ignorant heathen and just say 'because it is'.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Then inform me, I will listen to rational thought, I do not like people saying that I'm wrong just for sake of saying I'm wrong.
I am not saying you're wrong "just for the sake of saying you're wrong." I'm saying you're wrong because your position is time-worn and uneducated, and because you've clearly never taken the time to seriously look into the subject. I find that kind of shallow pedantry irresponsible.

So, let me ask you a question, Shianah. Is the 'elohim of Genesis 1:1 the same or different than the 'elohim of Genesis 1:26? Do you understand why the question is relevant?

Also, Shianah, how is it that the best translations of Genesis, the product of the very best Hebraicists and philologists - the works of the JPS, of Alter, of Fox, and the commentaries of people like Plaut and Sarna - have somehow failed to anticipate your stunning insights into Hebrew grammar?

Frankly, I could care less whether or not you "will listen to rational thought." It will be far more instructive to see whether or not you will do responsible research.

there where no kids between cain and seth according to the bible

peace

correct no kids between cain and seth
so that leaves?....................... someone else.
I have my ideas but I cannot say because it would not be acceptable to most.

Easy as pie. Because there was other races/people outside of Eden. In the Land of Nod. Cain married a woman from there. Here is the scripture.

Genesis 4:16 Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the Land of Nod on the east of Eden.

Genesis 4:17 And Cain knew his wife and she conceived and bore Enoch. And he built a city, and called the name of the city after the name of his son--Enoch.

agreed!
enoch07, you seem very knowledgeable of scripture, what do you think of the interpretation of the word "gotten" when eve had "gotten" cain?

Amhairghine

my feelings exactly, which would explain also the rh + or - blood factor found in some humans that they say also is from the rhesus monkey.

One interesting thought is that God made humans, both male and female - some unknown amount of them - in Gen 1:27. Then in Gen 2, He made Adam and Eve spiritually alive. There were other humans from the Gen 1 creation, possibly thousands of years previously. Cain married one of those women.

hmmm also a good concept.

dan b

Since Adam and Eve were the first people to whom God gave the breath of life(ability to use language) this is what separated them from animals and cave men. Cain probably married a cave-woman who couldn't speak. There must have been lots to chose from.

Arkholt

Non-vessel
correct no kids between cain and seth
so that leaves?....................... someone else.
I have my ideas but I cannot say because it would not be acceptable to most.

Just because they aren't listed doesn't mean they didn't exist.

If one can assume that there were other peoples outside the Adam and Eve family, why isn't it possible to assume that Adam and Eve may have had other children that weren't written about?

Baydwin

I read somewhere that the words for Adam and Eve in the original Hebrew are plural, Adam for "mankind" and Eve for "mothers".
So my guess would be that while the story talks of Adam and Eve as individuals for the sake of plot, the underlying theme is applicable to humanity as a whole with many Adams and many Eves. Thus the woman Cain marries would be his sister only in the sense that we are all of one human family.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I read somewhere that the words for Adam and Eve in the original Hebrew are plural, Adam for "mankind" and Eve for "mothers".
So my guess would be that while the story talks of Adam and Eve as individuals for the sake of plot, the underlying theme is applicable to humanity as a whole with many Adams and many Eves. Thus the woman Cain marries would be his sister only in the sense that we are all of one human family.
In Hebrew, the word for 'human being' is still 'Ben Adam' or Son of Adam (Son of Man) literally. Eve is a name which is connected to Hebrew and Semitic etymology which revolves around 'Life', as the mother or source of life.