• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who was The Prophet mentioned in John

no-body

If you think teaching of resurrection existed before Christianity, then provide sources.

Osiris "the god of resurrection", Isis, Horus, the Sumerian Tammuz et al. There is no doubt Christianity "borrowed" from many prior religions especially Egyptian.

But maybe you mean something else by resurrection...

Atruthseeker

If God sent a part of himself to earth as the prophet Jesus to speak to the world through him and when the phropets work is done he is then re united with God!!
Jesus sends forth his angel that he is a part of himself (the angel of light Lucifer)
"I send forth my angel, I am the root of david (the messiah) WE are one!!"
So through david (Lucifer and God) Jesus forfills what he was expected to do first time around. And when the world becomes one, Then Jesus and David and God become one and he embraces his most proudest creation L so it makes sense to me lol
I don't get it? What scriptures do yo use?

emiliano

Sorry, not sure if I get you...but John denied being the prophet.

The Bible answers:
Luk 7:27
This is [he] of whom it is written: 'Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You.' [fn]
Isaiah is the prophet that prophesied the coming of John the Baptist.

Luk 7:26
But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.
John is more than a prophet.