• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who was Nanak’s Guru,please?
Nanak was socially in good relationship with the Hindus and the Muslims. After Nanak's death who never claimed to be a Guru, and he strongly believed G-d as Guru and no second or third gurus, never. Angad, one of a line of the self-assumed "gurus" adopted measures, I understand, to distance Nanak and his hymns from his lovers both from Muslims and Hindus.
Angad adopted among others measures, as I understand, a script that existed but not popular in those times, it was later named as Gurmukhi. Angad collected, wrote and doctored Hymns of Nanak only of his own liking freely, I understand, without any dissent voice from Muslims and Hindus who used other writing scripts and were not aware as to what was being done secretly.
Am I right, please?
Please correct me if I am wrong. Right, please?
Thread open to everybody of religion or no-religion

Regards
Page 943 of Granth
PAGE 943 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who was Nanak’s Guru,please?

After Nanak's death who never claimed to be a Guru, and Nanak strongly believed G-d as Guru and no second or third gurus, never.

Angad, one of a line of the self-assumed "gurus" adopted measures, I understand, to distance Nanak and his hymns from his lovers both from Muslims and Hindus.

Angad adopted among other measures, as I understand:
  1. a script that existed but not popular in those times, it was later named as Gurmukhi. Angad collected, wrote and doctored Hymns of Nanak only of his own liking freely, I understand, without any dissent voice from Muslims and Hindus who used other writing scripts and were not aware as to what was being done secretly.
  2. Instead of mentioning the name of the author of hymns Angad, I understand, set the tradition to mention in Granth as First Mehla , Second Mehla and or Third Mehla to hide the name of the author, I understand, from the public.
Am I right, please?
Thread open to everybody of religion or no-religion

Regards
Page 943 of Granth
PAGE 943 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.[/QUOTE]

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who was Nanak’s Guru?

After Nanak's death who never claimed to be a Guru, and Nanak strongly believed G-d as Guru and no second or third gurus, never ever, as I understand.

Angad, one of a line of the self-assumed "gurus" adopted measures, I understand, to distance Nanak and his hymns from his lovers both from Muslims and Hindus.
Two measures I had mentioned in my previous post.

The third measures was that Granth was restricted to Gurdwaras and the common Sikh could listen it only in the Gurdwara, I understand.The Hindus and Muslims could not have any personal copies of Granth in their homes to read it and to have check on the alterations and addition being made in Granth, I understand .
Am I right, please?

Regards
Page 943 of Granth
PAGE 943 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Last edited: