• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who or what did you want to be when you were a child?

Ori

Angel slayer
I wanted to be a musician and/or a superhero, or course these never came to be. One through choice and another was impossible.

How about you?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I just wanted to be male, so there would be a whole lot less horse dung to deal with.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wanted to be an Acme Male Model Love Doll, the one with the amazing self-flexing pecs.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I wanted to be a firefighter... and president. Little did I know there was such a big gap in ethics, eh? :p

Bishka

Veteran Member
Librarian/Spy/Teacher/Gardner/Pharmacist/Mom/Model

and this last one you are going to laugh at

"Lady of the Night" (prostitute)

I did not wish to be anything much when I was a child. These days I write books about computers, so I suppose I have fulfilled my childhood ambition!

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Wanted to Fix the New Testament since can remember at about 5/6 years old....

Aqualung

Tasty
I've wanted to be a lot of things. I wanted to work in a factory, be a funeral director, be a cop, be a lawyer. Interestingly, I never wanted to be a teacher (which is what I'm studying in college).

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
when I was about 10 I wanted to be in the merchant navy.
I got a place in both training colleges to start at 13 But failed the eyesight colour test...
Strangely I passed the airforce one.

Any way it put an end to those ideas. It would have been nice to have been a captain of a ship. ( almost Guaranteed if you went the College route.)

Aqualung

Tasty
when I was about 10 I wanted to be in the merchant navy.
I got a place in both training colleges to start at 13 But failed the eyesight colour test...
Strangely I passed the airforce one.

Any way it put an end to those ideas. It would have been nice to have been a captain of a ship. ( almost Guaranteed if you went the College route.)

That reminds me - I've always wanted to be in the coast guard. That would be an awesome job. I still want to.